Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

Why do I need an SSD? Simple. My old laptop from school that I got to keep has a 320GB HDD that dies if you do so much as breath on the computer. I don't know how I would get the data onto a new SSD but it would be nice to keep my faithful laptop going.

i dont really need an SSD (i dont know why its such better than HDD) but i only got 500GB in my pc and im doing a lot of work with it + gaming so im losing a lot of my space really quickly so 240GB more would be awesome :D

My current SSD is over 5 years old. So a new one would help me keep my system a bit more up to date. And I do have a feeling mine will fail in the next year or 2.

Now I build my new machine and i need a fine ssd and everyone should take it coz all machine have a will to become more invincible!!

Simply do not want to play games on my HDD anymore, it's very time consuming :P

everyone should have an SSD in their system for faster boot time and game load speeds

Finished my first build a few months ago, used only my old HDDs because i was on a budget. Would love o add an SSD to the system to give it a performance boost

All i have at the current moment is a 120 GB SSD which is intended to be a laptop upgrade, so winning one of these puppies would not only help me out a lot when i build my own system (as i have to move out relatively soon) but would be friggin awesome to have! These bad boys seem pretty damn awesome and i wouldn't mind owning one. 

SSDs are a must have these days. Who won´t profit of faster loading times? Which gamer won´t be happy about a loadwin in games like Dota. On the otherside from an productivity standpoint you can safe time if you have to switch multiple applications quiet often a day.

I just have a 1 TB hard drive in my computer thats messed up with games and windows. So it takes very long to boot up my system even with windows 10 installed. Everytime i start a game the hard drive is at 100% load and even windows is lagging while using windows explorer. So please give me that ssd :(

I have an 120 gb SSD  with my i7 4790k and 980ti, which is not enough thouh it is a boot drive. So i would like to be one of the winners

My little 120GB SSD is giving up already and I can't affort a new one atm.

I totally love SSDs and I can't get enough of them :D HDDs should die for consumer market!

Filled my SSD up far too fast, a second one double the size of my current would be really useful. Everyone needs an SSD so they only have to read loading screens once. Back in the day of Skyrim and a slow HDD I spun those loading screen items for over 10 seconds. It's simply a waste of time. 

Right now i have a 200GB 5400rpm drive and it's so slow. I would be happy if i got one.

My HDD is making a strange noise, so I´d have to pick up a new one anyway and SSD is much better in use cases where the reads and writes aren't sequential.

My hard drive just broke and I really need a new one.... I would love if it would be an SSD

A 240gb SSD would be great in my planned low budget HTPC build inside an old PS2. I want a drive that's cool and silent and has a decent amount of space, but in NZ they're still far too expensive to justify purchasing for such a build. I also plan to travel abroad once I graduate, so having a drive that I can feel comfortable putting in luggage and building around would be absolutely amazing. Unlike other components such as high end CPUs and GPUs,  a SSD is never overkill for even the most basic of PC users and their performance benefits EVERYONE.

Would love that fast portable storage for my daily driver storage. I killed a lot of hard drives duo to their lack of robustness :-) .

SSD in every, even very cheap computer is a must. It can bring back to life old or slow PC's.

3 hours ago, nicklmg said:

I would really like a shiny new SSD. The HDDs in my current setup are pretty old and i can't squeeze anything out of them in terms of performance. (2x500gb WD Black s-ata2 in raid 0). Every rig deserves an SSD in order to shine. Good luck to all !

SSD's are the gift to the world, freeing us of one of the biggest bottlenecks in PCs these days.This is why they are glorious.

Disclaimer, I may or may not be slightly drunk at the moment.

SSD are 100 times Faster than HDD so it is great for running real time programs. SSD do not have mechanically moving Parts so there is less chance to get scratched. Temperature will not be as much as HDD or less heat will be produced. Noise will not be generated.

SSD can be made of smaller size so that weight and size of devices will be decreased. SSD can be used in stronger magnetic fields whereas HDD cannot be used.

Cons:

1. The most noticeable disadvantage of SSDs is limited storage capacity compared to traditional hard drives .

And I don't have enough money to buy a solid state hard drive.

My laptop is an 8-years old HP and it's kinda dying right now. It has an 120gb HDD and it's slow and it overheats. So switching to a faster ssd is going to solve a lot of issues!

I want this SSD because i like the way linus tech tips convey the information.