Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I MADE A PC FOR MY SELF FROM SCRAP+NEW PARTS(INSPIRED BY YOU GUY TOTAL) I HAVE A WD 640GB OLD USED HDD REALLY WOULD HELP ME IF I HAVE AN SSD TO AS MY BOOT DRIVE DEPENDING ON WHERE I LIVE I COULDN'T AFFORD ONE

I would like to win an SSD as I currently do not have one and it would greatly improve boot times over the 5400 rpm mechanical hard drive I use for everything right now.

Getting a last-minute entry in here... I'd like an SSD because after building my first desktop, which included an SSD, my laptop feels pretty slow in comparison. I'd love to freshen it up with a new SSD!

An ssd is essential! It is as essential as time itself. Why wait for a long time process if it can be done faster?

it will be my HD replacement for my 2009 macbook ;)

Well, I'm building my first PC, mostly for audio editing, music recording, mixing and mastering, but also some light gaming and video editing. An SSD would be righteous.

I've actually never used an SSD equipped laptop or PC, so that might be a new experience. Digging the idea of booting up and getting into a recording session quickly. There's always been an undue amount of time spent in a session messing with the equipment rather than creating something awesome, and this would kinda go toward changing that. Rock on. 

I deserves an ssd because first look at my name and secondly I only have an hdd and i cant play arma 3 because its to slow third I am only 16 and cant get a job yet.

;_; I crie evrey tim

I've wanted to have some SSD because, my budget build computer has to be upgrade speed and also need time o render my video editing and also gaming. and why people need SSD? It's Because the purpose of the SSD is very very fast for booting up and no delays for the programs all you want.

***[_CaBzkInG_Tech_Solutions_]***

Everyone should have an ssd in their personal computer, especially in laptops where hdd's can break faster due to high chances of dropping it. 

As for me I want one for my Windows boot drive :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

I don't have a solid state drive, as they were prohibitively expensive when I was putting together my current build, I currently am running on a single 7200 rpm hdd. I have heard tales of the sweet sweet speed afforded by the power of a solid state drive, but I have yet to lay hold of it myself.

Thanks for setting up this giveaway.

I‘d like to win a SSD because I need upgrade my HDD. I need speed, silent and energy efficiency

Why I'd be thrilled to get this drive, I have two brothers who bought their first rigs. They went more for bling needed specs. I'd love to install these ssd's in their new rigs.

Nearly everyone could use an SSD at this point faster performance, decent storage, and more graceful failure when things begin to go tits up.

Love you guys at Linus Media Group. Keep up the good work!

Everyone should have an SSD in their system as a boot drive cause it makes everything responsive from booting OS to opening programs.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I need this SSD! I just upgraded to Win10 with an freaaaking slooooow 1 TB HDD in my gaming rig.

But my little work laptop has an SSD... so i need this to power up my gaming rig! 

Please :)

Who wouldnt want an SSD in his computer?

They would be BANANAAS :D

My current set up has a 120 gig ssd, I've been wanting to add more storage but i cant afford spending the money. I work 30 a week which isn't much for a college student who commutes every day and has to help pay the bills at home because his mom got injured at work.... The reason I want/ need a new ssd is because my current storage device is almost full, a new ssd will allow me to keep more school files, and with more storage ill be able to download all the games ive been wanting to get but have no room to save them on. Not to mention I would save money. 

Good luck to everyone! 

I'd love to get an ssd as I will be building my first computer. I think that ssd should be a standard in computers these days due to its reliability and amazing speeds. (No More Windows logging screen for one reason 5 mins)

my 128GB barely holds BF4 and windows and my harddrive is almost full

CPU: i5-4690 | CoolerCRYORIG H7 |GPU: PowerColor TurboDuo R9 280X OC RAM: G.skill RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9Motherboard: ASUS B85M-E | SSD: ADATA XPG SX900 128GB |HDD: Western Digital Caviar BLUE 1TBCase: Cooler Master K281PSU: SeaSonic ECO 600W | Monitor: Samsung S24D390HL 24 Inch PLS

Would love to get that fast drive and finally boot up my pc with an ssd!

Well, my web server has an 11 year old HD with only 80GB of capacity, also the blocks are starting to get damaged and I'm a bit afraid of data loss so I have it off while I was searching for a new drive for it... So I believe I'm a good candidate.

I do not own an SSD, and have not been able to afford one yet. I'm still running all my games, programs, and OS from a standard HDD. I think everyone should have an SSD for the performance and convenience that they bring.

I have no SSD, and looking at that speed everyone should be happy if they have one! 

I have a 250 GB HDD from an old computer, and two 160 Gb drives, but my computer is pretty good, so an SSD would BE a good addition to my build. Good luck everyone.

I don't really need it to be honest but I want it :) give it to me or else

On 2/8/2016 at 8:40 AM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

i want an ssd because i don't own an ssd, i only have 2 500GB recycled hdds but i also don't own a copy of windows so even if i win i have to buy windows to use it as a main drive.......this sucks.

My iMac is running a fusion drive and I thought an external thunderbolt SSD would be better to store the videos and photos I'm going to be editing, as well as maybe a few games - and maybe even an OS such as Remix OS or Elementary OS.

Hi!

SSD technology is the next stage in mass storage in computers. Unfortunately, it is plagued by its cost per gigabyte. Nowadays you can get a decent SSD for the price of an average HDD. But the storage difference still exists. For around 150USD, you can get a decent 256GB or a really bad 512GB SSD, but at that price, you can get a 4TB HDD.

I think SSD is the next step forward, especially with newer technologies coming into the consumer market which could increase capacities and reduce the cost per gigabyte.

If I win this SSD, I will replace the pre-existing 2.5-inch HDD with this SSD as my boot drive and use the older drive for mass storage for storing all the media and application source codes. I am a heavy Photoshop and Visual Studio user, and this SSD could improve the way I work with such heavy programs by decreasing load times.

In my opinion, SSD is the future for all storage mediums, and winning this SSD could improve my work flow.

I hope that you have taken your time reading my post.

Thanks,

Pranav.