Heaven Society - Week 72 (Non Non Biyori)

vfAXr6z.png
This Week's Anime!

Non Non Biyori

HuSKV05.jpg

Synopsis

Asahigaoka might look like typical, boring countryside to most; however, no day in this village can ever be considered colorless thanks to five students of varying ages occupying the only class in the only school in town. The youngest student is first grader Renge Miyauchi, who brings an unadulterated wit, curiosity, and her characteristic catchphrase, "Nyanpasu!" Then there are the Koshigaya siblings consisting of the quiet ninth grader and elder brother Suguru, diminutive eighth grader Komari, and the mischievous seventh grader Natsumi, whose appearance may fool you at first thanks to her constantly emulating her more mature older sister. The recent arrival of Tokyo-raised fifth grader Hotaru Ichijou, who appears overdeveloped for her age and thus naturally holds an air of maturity, rounds out this lively and vibrant group of five classmates.

Based on the manga penned and illustrated by Atto, Non Non Biyori chronicles the not-so-normal daily lives of this group of friends as they engage in their own brand of fun and frolic, and playfully struggle with the realities of living in a rural area.

Read more at MAL

Links to Watch
Crunchyroll

Member Tags
@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu@Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy@Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @wng_kingsley7@Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight@MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Ruostunut kokis @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG@SHAD0WxF1R3 @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @Tokuninashi @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo@thorbrantly101 @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades @shadowblitz3 @Oasis @dragoon20005@JarekBloodDragon @beach_boy98 @Skybane  @MoonSpot @RazerZ @TheGingerKid @_INTER_ @MeDownYou @Enferk @Oskar94a @FrenziedComet @8uhbbhu8 @Biferony @cesrai @TakaIcscp @Technicolors @Vlazzy@Nuluvius @valdyrgramr @Avericious @LazyLizard @o0Martin @themaniac @Remilia @BrandonTheCat @ElfenSky @Swindless @AyBuild @SsidError @mosin40 @Chronos5618 @Arc_Jester @NuroKnight @Zayzo @I need a better name @Pandalf @Mike_The_B0ss @NeatSquidYT @BLJohnFreeman @JessicaH @zymax_be @Crowes @PCgamer324 @NymeiaChuu

Use LinusTechTips Sponsor Crunchyroll to support LTT!
Visit www.crunchyroll.com/linus for a free 30 day trial

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.
This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

First try at mass tagging copy and pasting. Please do provide feedback.

Yes I said feedback! That means you! *points through screen*

d2uUXAt.jpg

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Wow, so all the tags are working from the get go now?

In any case, I quite enjoyed this anime, it's cute and funny. Though like I said in the poll topic, I probably would've dropped it if I hadn't watched it all in one sitting.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

This just reinforces the fact that nothing I ever vote for wins.

3 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

This just reinforces the fact that nothing I ever vote for wins.

E3B8C76B1199CFA2124D57103BBD4432DF22B280

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

1 minute ago, ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName said:

E3B8C76B1199CFA2124D57103BBD4432DF22B280

>_> let me know when you off work/school

Literally the best show ever. Period. 

The tagging seems to be adjusted for the dark theme, but it doesn't matter, it works.

56b79314630d0_Taggingadjustedfordarkthem

Pardon the potato quality. Guess compressing image an uneven number unsharpens the image colossaly.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

2 minutes ago, Ruostunut kokis said:

The tagging seems to be adjusted for the dark theme, but it doesn't matter, it works.

-snip-

Ctrl + Shift + V should fix the formatting. 

EDIT: Nope. Removing the formatting kills the tags. Oh well, at least you don't have to do each one individually anymore. 

Honoka_and_Renge.gif

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Ctrl + Shift + V should fix the formatting. 

That would fix the formatting but I don't know if that would remove the tagging.

5 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

>_> let me know when you off work/school

I'm currently at home.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

PE0Cit2.png

My favorite slice of life show, not that I've seen many though.
What stood out to me the most is humor. It is presented with good timing not like many other shows  - screaming and overreacted faces.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I put this on hold a while ago when I got interested in better shows. But I guess I'll finish it off. If there is anything current slice of life moeshit is good for it is being easily digestible. In content and visuals.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

41 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It appears it does. A black background is a small price to pay for C+P tagging.

I wish I could give both the agree and informative reputation point for this.

43 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

-snip-

What stood out to me the most is humor. It is presented with good timing not like many other shows  - screaming and overreacted faces.

The characters have some really good personalities. Renge can seem like a grumpy old man sometimes. 

6wsf7mY.gif

1 hour ago, Noire said:

Literally the best show ever. Period. 

Why?

1 hour ago, JuztBe said:

Have you seen Aria? If not, give it a shot.

I don't know why but this anime is enjoyable, though sometimes slow and a little too much slice of boring life, good for slice of life first timers I guess.

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

40 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Have you seen Aria? If not, give it a shot.

I will when the time comes for some slice of life show.
Watch order 2005>2006>2008 year releases?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

13 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

Non Non Biyori was super good. You guys will like it. 

What makes it super good?

1 minute ago, JuztBe said:

I will when the time comes for some slice of life show.
Watch order 2005>2006>2008 year releases?

Yeah, Aria the Animation, the Natural, Arietta (OVA), the Origination, and now the Avvenire (OVA)

16 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

What makes it super good?

Yeah, Aria the Animation, the Natural, Arietta (OVA), the Origination, and now the Avvenire (OVA)

i've been putting it off because SoL isn't the most exciting thing to download (I liked NNB S1, cba to DL S2)

what exactly is this about?

Error: 410

24 minutes ago, helping said:

i've been putting it off because SoL isn't the most exciting thing to download (I liked NNB S1, cba to DL S2)

what exactly is this about?

Aria's about a young girl named Akari who goes to a terra-formed Mars (now named Aqua) to pursue her dream of becoming... a top ranked Venice-style gondolier/tour guide. She can do this because in the future they literally re-create Venice on Mars as a tourist trap. Akari spends her days pursuing her goal, along with her friends/rivals. We the viewers get to watch as she explores her world with a sense of wonder, able to find delight in almost everything. Basically it's a feel-good ("iyashikei") series that does everything it can to gently lull you with a really soft atmosphere; the kind that's perfect for winding down. That, and it never forgets the girl's goals, and ultimately gets them there with some surprisingly sincere emotional moments. I was surprised at just how much it grew on me, as I'm very resistant to this type of thing. Comparatively, NNB recaptures some of the "magic", but felt like it was lacking something... perhaps the excellent OST or perhaps the motivated characters (I'm not quite sure).

This one is in my top 20 along with the second season. Ticks a lot of boxes, but mostly in the deadpan comedy department. It's also one of the rare shows to pace itself out perfectly. And it reminded me of what it was like to look at the world as a kid, so it awakens nostalgia, though I did grow up in the countryside so I don't know if that'll be everyone's experience with it.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.