Heaven Society - Week 72 Anime Poll

Which Series Should The Club Watch This Week?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Week 72 Anime Club Polling

• Fairy Tail
    • Non Non Biyori
    • Moyashimon
    • Initial D First Stage
    • Concrete Revolutio

vfAXr6z.png 
It's time to pick week 72's series! Polling will be up for 24 - 48 hours.

Fairy Tail
Current 

This series was recommended by @Trogdor8freebird saying "This anime provides an excellent blend of action, lighthearted tone, story, and even a certain kind of feels. Most characters are enjoyable to watch, and there are many of them. The action sequences are short and not as desirable as they could be UNTIL season 2 onward. The combat afterwards is intense and as lengthy as they should be, imo. It's a show that gives a lighthearted, yet powerful aura for both younger and older viewers. The show has many funny moments in it as well, and it's done better than in most shows that are primarily comedic imo. The story usually engages many different characters at the same time, even if it primarily revolves only around one or two characters. The story and the "feels" of the show give a certain radiance of a type of idealism that is both honorable and realistic to achieve. Also, I don't mean realistic in the sense that you're a wizard who can prevent powerful evil from dominating your guild, and more. I mean it in the sense through symbolism (i.e. I have this objective, I can overcome it even if it's blah blah blah, or my friend's in trouble, so I'll do everything I can to help/save them, etc.). Also, I'd like to note that this show can put you through quite the emotional ride, even though it doesn't look like it can."

Synopsis

A superficial but kind-hearted celestial mage, Lucy Heartfilia, joins a famous wizarding guild in Magnolia Town called Fairy Tail, where the members use their powers to earn rewards in exchange for fulfilling quests. Here she befriends an impetuous but faithful dragon-slayer wizard, Natsu Dragneel, who is scouring the land for his missing father. The two form a bond with fellow mages Erza Scarlet and Gray Fullbuster, and together they tackle daunting challenges, taking on several powerful allies and foes along the way. 

Created by Hiro Mashima, Fairy Tail is an action-packed adventure that follows Lucy and her friends as they learn the value of friendship, forgiveness and family.

Read more at MAL

nDTSziv.jpg

Non Non Biyori
Recent 

This series was recommended by @MyInnerFred saying "I'm out of recent series.... I haven't watched this series but I plan to. Heard it's funny."

Synopsis

Asahigaoka might look like typical, boring countryside to most; however, no day in this village can ever be considered colorless thanks to five students of varying ages occupying the only class in the only school in town. The youngest student is first grader Renge Miyauchi, who brings an unadulterated wit, curiosity, and her characteristic catchphrase, "Nyanpasu!" Then there are the Koshigaya siblings consisting of the quiet ninth grader and elder brother Suguru, diminutive eighth grader Komari, and the mischievous seventh grader Natsumi, whose appearance may fool you at first thanks to her constantly emulating her more mature older sister. The recent arrival of Tokyo-raised fifth grader Hotaru Ichijou, who appears overdeveloped for her age and thus naturally holds an air of maturity, rounds out this lively and vibrant group of five classmates.

Based on the manga penned and illustrated by Atto, Non Non Biyori chronicles the not-so-normal daily lives of this group of friends as they engage in their own brand of fun and frolic, and playfully struggle with the realities of living in a rural area.

Read more at MAL

HuSKV05.jpg

Moyashimon
Post-2007

This series was recommended by @TheProfosist saying "Comedy anime revolving around making sake in college, antics ensue."

Synopsis
Enter Tadayasu, a freshmen college student who can see and talk to cute, chibi bacteria and other microscopic organisms. It's not all fun and games like it sounds though, because it gets him into all sorts of trouble. Join Tadayasu as he enters his first year at the Agriculture University, what crazy events await him?

Read more at MAL

tumblr_mhmi8g6skC1rovzi7o1_500.jpg

Initial D First Stage
Pre-2007

This series was recommended by @gastew15 & @TheProfosist saying "Initial D is on the surface a racing anime that is really all about racing, talking about racing, and the only people who would enjoy it are those who love cars right, wrong... Like most sport type animes they pull you right in even if you have no interest in what they are doing at all and take you right along for the ride! The main character Takumi is interesting for the fact that opposed to being some awesome genius at everything he does he's awesome at driving, but he hates driving and knows almost nothing about cars or street racing. It's kind of awesome, since the main character and you kind of both learn at the same time. I really liked the series and it happened to be one of the first animes that I watched.."

Synopsis
High school student Takumi Fujiwara works as a gas station attendant during the day and a delivery boy for his father's tofu shop during late nights. Little does he know that his precise driving skills and his father's modified Toyota Sprinter AE86 Trueno make him the best amateur road racer on Mt. Akina's highway. Because of this, racing groups from all over the Gunma prefecture issue challenges to Takumi to see if he really has what it takes to be a road legend.

Read more at MAL

VJlkatF.jpg

Concrete Revolutio
Random

This series was recommended by @MyInnerFred saying "A series that was recommended by Bashzestampeedo to me, looks to be a intriguing series."

Synopsis

The stage is set in "another Japan" as a banquet of diverse superhumans unfolds...

In an imaginary "age of gods" about 20 years after the war, Japan has grown and developed by leaps and bounds. What if all the superhumans ever written about in fictional stories existed at the same time? Superhumans who came into existence through different circumstances, and who are special in different ways—Titans from outer space, lifeforms from a mystical world, phantoms and goblins from ancient times, cyborgs created by scientists, relics that rose out of the ruins of ancient civilizations, and the list goes on. One segment of these superhumans makes no secret of their existence and has gained popularity in society. Others cloak their identities and fight in secrecy.

There are enemies of superhumans as well, organizations that operate in the shadows.

The Japanese government has taken many measures to secure peace and order.

One is the establishment of an organization under the Ministry of Health and Welfare—the Overpopulation Research Laboratory, a.k.a. the Superhuman Bureau.

Their mission is to identify and approach superhumans, then oversee and safeguard them. One member of the Superhuman Bureau, Jirou Hitoyoshi, is protagonist of this series.

Based on the fantasy series written by Uehashi Nahoko, also known for Seirei no Moribito.

Read more at MAL

2zLrEqb.jpg?1

Member Tags
@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy@Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @wng_kingsley7@Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight@MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Ruostunut kokis @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG@SHAD0WxF1R3 @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @Tokuninashi @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo@thorbrantly101 @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName @Createinator @RedSphyxis @ZeroGenesis @Nater @Jack_of_all_Trades @shadowblitz3 @Oasis @dragoon20005@JarekBloodDragon @beach_boy98 @Skybane  @MoonSpot @RazerZ @TheGingerKid @_INTER_ @MeDownYou @Enferk @Oskar94a @FrenziedComet @8uhbbhu8 @Biferony @cesrai @TakaIcscp @Technicolors @Vlazzy@Nuluvius @valdyrgramr @Avericious @LazyLizard @o0Martin @themaniac @Remilia @BrandonTheCat @ElfenSky @Swindless @AyBuild @SsidError @mosin40 @Chronos5618 @Arc_Jester @NuroKnight @Zayzo @I need a better name @Pandalf @Mike_The_B0ss @NeatSquidYT @BLJohnFreeman @JessicaH @zymax_be @Crowes @PCgamer324 @NymeiaChuu

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.
This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission Thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Poll up, vote away! Lots of problems with the new forum set up... making this thread alone took at least 3 hours for me. No code view is really hard to work around... there is a tagging limit of 6 tags per thread now I think.... I can't center one image and just one image alone, it'll center everything on the page.... 

hkMJmrC.gif

EDIT: Oh and did I mention the 2nd post on the main thread was completely wiped out?....

EDIT2: Oh and please do let me know if tagging worked... tagging now takes even longer than before since I have to type every single tag, I can't just do the copy and paste then "edit and save changes" route 30 or so times to tag everyone. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I think I'm going for concrete revolutio this time. Bash has been praising it pretty hard and helping seems to agree so there is probably something good about it.

7 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

EDIT: Oh and did I mention the 2nd post on the main thread was completely wiped out?....

I see that, its totally empty. The hell man.

0UIj82R.jpg

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

/me votes intD and considers informing "The Garage" thread to skew the results in his favour.

tumblr_mka2s9zzWd1qk22uwo1_500.gif

Untitled-1-2.gif~c200

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

29 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

This one might be fun to watch (gets popcorn).

Im voting Concrete Revolutio like every one else because I recall you saying something about it the other day lol 

Tagging worked, and I'm voting for the one I'm watching right now (concrete revolutio) and haven't finished because uni eats all my time :(

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Hopefully a new tagging system will be created at some point. Massive pain to have to type each one. Also, damn, that post had a hell of a lot of stuff in it. Maybe it just hasn't been rebuilt since the forum is moving over... Maybe. 

NON NON BIYORI

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

NYAN PASSU.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

I'm going with Non Non Biyori.

I've seen Season 1. While it is slow paced (slice of life after all), I still found it quite enjoyable. That said I would've probably dropped it if I hadn't watched it all in one sitting, simply because of how "slow" it feels. But it still provided me with quite a few laugh.

I really should watch season 2... since I don't even think I've watched anything from the last 2 seasons.*look at his anime list* Yup, I haven't. I should get on that, but none of it looked interesting to me/I've already read the manga thus have no interest in an anime that will more than likely cut short...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

IDK, after being subjected to this Non non biyori vid I feel like I've seen all there is to see.

56 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I'm going with Non Non Biyori.

I would've probably dropped it if I hadn't watched it all in one sitting, simply because of how "slow" it feels. But it still provided me with quite a few laugh.

That was more or less my experience with Aria Company.  No idea how I manages to watch it all; wouldn't do it again, but don't particularly regret it either.

6 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

Poll up, vote away! Lots of problems with the new forum set up... making this thread alone took at least 3 hours for me. No code view is really hard to work around... there is a tagging limit of 6 tags per thread now I think.... I can't center one image and just one image alone, it'll center everything on the page.... 

hkMJmrC.gif

EDIT2: Oh and please do let me know if tagging worked... tagging now takes even longer than before since I have to type every single tag, I can't just do the copy and paste then "edit and save changes" route 30 or so times to tag everyone. 

God damn it sounds like so much trouble.
The tagging worked for me though

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Concrete Revolutio? I despise that show*

Spoiler

Lack of depth camouflaged by spastic high-speed storytelling and contrived back-and-forth time skipping. The lowest form of fan service camouflaged as avant-garde. Easily digestable but just about 'edgy' enough art style to be 110% populistic. This kind of anime is everything wrong with the industry. It makes me physically ill, it's like an anime that was designed to please 4chan and set a trap for unintelligent elitists to circlejerk a shallow show that they've been fooled to think is deep.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'll vote concrete revolutio, because colors, and I've heard it was interesting. @That Norwegian Guy I'm guessing that you don't like madoka either?

I've already seen NNB and fairy tail, so those are out of the question. Also le 250+ episode shonen? AINT GOT TIME FO DAT.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

4 minutes ago, Tr3vor said:

I'll vote concrete revolutio, because colors, and I've heard it was interesting. @That Norwegian Guy I'm guessing that you don't like madoka either?

Madoka is an actual deconstruction though, can't be compared to Concrete Revolutio which is just... confused about what it wants to be. I have Madoka on hold but as far as I've come in it the two shouldn't be compared.

Concrete Revolutio could have been quite good though, which is what upsets me most, the direction of the show has the grace of a ton of falling bricks.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Just now, That Norwegian Guy said:

Madoka is an actual deconstruction though, can't be compared to Concrete Revolutio which is just... confused.

It can be compared in the way that 4chan and reddit circlejerk the shit out of it.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

3 minutes ago, Tr3vor said:

It can be compared in the way that 4chan and reddit circlejerk the shit out of it.

True that xD

Mawaru Penguindrum is worse though, has the gutter-level fanservice, in this case parading the dying sister naked at the end of every episode and disguising it as "homage" to the creator's past work, and instead of the avant-garde atmosphere they were going for it's just kitsch, exceptionally tasteless kitsch at that.

2 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Concrete Revolutio? I despise that show*

Hide contents

Lack of depth camouflaged by spastic high-speed storytelling and contrived back-and-forth time skipping. The lowest form of fan service camouflaged as avant-garde. Easily digestable but just about 'edgy' enough art style to be 110% populistic. This kind of anime is everything wrong with the industry. It makes me physically ill, it's like an anime that was designed to please 4chan and set a trap for unintelligent elitists to circlejerk a shallow show that they've been fooled to think is deep.

You'll have to do much better than that.

Spoiler

Really: what "lack of depth"? The themes are certainly explored; it's about an alternative retelling of modern Japanese social history, told through the lens of a setting where their various anime super hero icons actually existed and had to consider their actions more seriously. It's taken pretty seriously, with characters struggling over what they should be doing as "heros", who to side with, and so on. It's not at all "easily digestible", because it doesn't take any sides, and doesn't go out of its way to tell you what's going on - it assumes that you have a grasp of Japanese history and superhero tropes and will pay attention to a story that's told in an unconventional manner.

I honestly wonder if people who diss on this show are just turned off by the weird time-skipping storytelling approach, and so ignore everything else to the point where they just see an intentionally garish color palette and think "well this is obviously garbage". I mean seriously, name one other modern superhero anime that had more depth (even recent superhero live action stuff). Heck, name one anime in 2015 that had more depth (even Death Parade is populist bullshit by your apparent criteria). It's not like the other picks in this voting batch did, either.

Next you'll be telling me that Madoka was deeper, or that it gets a pass because people call it a deconstruction.

Ive got a new option for the pole: ERASED!

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

20 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

Why isnt Initial D winning?

Because Non Non Biyori is all about pastoral landscapes and cute elementary school girls, which people here apparently want to see far more than an anime about cars and street racing.

3 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Because Non Non Biyori is all about pastoral landscapes and cute elementary school girls, which people here apparently want to see far more than an anime about cars and street racing.

That is not what Initial D is about thank you very much :P