[SOLVED] Technics Amp remote control IR codes

Corwin111

EDIT: Anymote Smart Remote FTW! Kudos to @rentaspoon!

Ok this is going to take some explaining. And it is probably the most obscure question I've ever posted but what the hell. 

I bought this ancient Technics amplifier - SU-V620. And it works like a charm - they really don't make em like they used to. Problem is I bought it without the remote control that goes with it.

So now I have been looking far and wide. I can find the remote being sold separately and it's not very expensive, but instead of that I wanted to integrate it into the universal remote that I am already using for my TV and set top box. Even though my remote has a really HUGE repository of devices, including quite a few amps, it doesn't have mine for some reason. But it can be "taught" new functions from other remotes as well.

So I had the bright idea to use an IR capable mobile phone and one of the android apps that allow for manually entering IR codes to teach my remote the necessary codes. So far so good, but I can't seem to find the codes for this particular amp - SU-V620 in anything that google would give.

So long story short, if anyone knows of any IR code repositories to the side of the beaten paths, please share.

Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Hey there,

Ok, I know this is an old thread but maybe you still happen to have these IR codes for Technics SU-V620 amp? If so, please let me know.

Thanks,

AB

I mean the amp remote, obviously ? Namely the RAK-SU129WH remote.

AB

2 hours ago, alpb said:

I mean the amp remote, obviously ? Namely the RAK-SU129WH remote.

AB

Hi. Wow, this is re ally an old one. For the life of me, I can't remember how I fixed that. My amp is now working with the universal remote and has been for ages, but my brain is just drawing a blank on how I made it happen. :D @rentaspoon I see you posted NP, did you give me the codes or something? I can't find it in any of our convos if you did?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this really helps @Corwin111 ! Thanks for getting back!! ?? I also found a vintage remote and was thinking of “teaching” the IR codes and use my Logitech Harmony. But a couple of buttons don’t work, so thanks again @rentaspoon, this will do.

AB