$250 budget, 2.1 System

ToeJullar

I currently have Logitech z506's that I've used for over a year.  They aren't horrible but just don't have the power behind them that I'm looking for.  I have a Fiio E10k Dac/Amp and that helped them sound a bit better.  Anyways, I have some extra money now and wan't to get some new speakers.  Definitely not Surround since I have no room for speakers behind me.

Looking for a quality 2.1 system for around $250.  If not a full 2.1 system, then powered stereo speakers will be fine until I buy a sub in the summer.  I'd like to get AudioEngine A5+'s but I feel everyone has those and they are overpriced.

Any suggestions?  Thanks

I have this Arion 2.1 system: http://www.amazon.com/Arion-Legacy-AR504LR-BK-Speaker-Subwoofer/dp/B0029Z9UNW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1454351312&sr=1-1&keywords=arion+2.1 though there is a new version that's 140 Watts RMS. The only thing I really don't like about it is the LED display. It's a ridiculously bright blue LED setup, so I put electrical tape over it. For general gaming, listening to music, watching movies it gets plenty loud. I may get the 140 Watt version since I use them for my turntables at home now, and the ones I have just don't get quite loud enough sometimes. They seem to have a pretty neutral sound, though I probably wouldn't use them for studio monitors. Both sets are well under your budget, but if there's something else you've been wanting to buy, use the money you saved for that?