what type of video game walkthrough do you prefer?

ImRyan

what type of video game walkthrough do you prefer?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. what type of video game walkthrough do you prefer?

• with commentary
    • without commentary
    • depends on the game

I prefer with commentary

it just feels empty, boring and "lonely" without commentary.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

With commentary, if there isn't any I won't even notice any story because I'm busy playing.

With commentary. But it more depends on how the person who is doing the walkthrough plays. I just can't watch some people play, it makes me angry.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I like games that have Commentaries. Watching a game without any commentaries it dead. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

sorry i got a different definition of walkthrough. I prefer them in text. Easier to find where you left off.

If you're talking about a playthrough. That really depends on the game. If its a real story driven game then i want to follow the story and be pulled in, not have some jackass talk through the story building stuff.... So it really depends on the game and player i guess.

I have no signature

28 minutes ago, Ridska said:

Detailed , Well edited , And a good voiced commentator.

Exactly. I've found that ChipCheezumLPs do this the best on YouTube. He'll put info in little pop-ups that are indistinguishable from the game UI, play the game multiple times to get good takes or he wants to show off something specific and the commentary is fun and informative to boot.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

2 minutes ago, Avericious said:

Exactly. I've found that ChipCheezumLPs do this the best on YouTube. He'll put info in little pop-ups that are indistinguishable from the game UI, play the game multiple times to get good takes or he wants to show off something specific and the commentary is fun and informative to boot.

I think Yogscast will strife makes good videos ( and no im not a 10 year old who watches the other yogs who make those dull minecraft videos ). And thanks for the sugguestion.

(⌐■_■) 

1 minute ago, Ridska said:

I think Yogscast will strife makes good videos ( and no im not a 10 year old who watches the other yogs who make those dull minecraft videos ). And thanks for the sugguestion.

And thank you for your suggestion.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

well, I need someone telling me the steps. Especially if I'm following along in real time I can't watch the screen and do it at the same time.

Plus with commentary people are better at spacing the steps out and making it a good length. When I try to watch videos with little to no commentary I have to constantly rewind because they go too fast. 

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Bring back Ocedmytoaster!!!!!!!

I prefer to have to player talk.