Recent topics need to be moved to the top

Andrew Storlie

Im liking the new layout but everytime i open or refesh the page i have to scroll all the way down to veiw the recent topics. It would be much better if these were first. Fyi im veiwing on mobile, but i requested the desktop site and it shows the same thing. I 

I mean, they are actually at the top for me..

Z3XJans.png

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

How do you mean? Like topics people replied to instead of recently created?

1 minute ago, yannickverc said:

I mean, they are actually at the top for me..

He's talking about the mobile site. ;)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Is there even a mobile site?
I've accessed the forum on my smartphone and my two tablets, honestly it looks almost exactly the same as the full Desktop experience, just downscaled.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

Is there even a mobile site?
I'm accessing the forum on my smartphone and honestly it looks almost exactly the same, just downscaled.

It changes bit in layout for lower resolution and mobile.

I do agree that recent should be more up. But I doubt they will change it. Not soon at least.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

It changes bit in layout for lower resolution and mobile.

I do agree that recent should be more up. But I doubt they will change it. Not soon at least.

Ah I see, just checked again on my phone, the Recent Topics section is somehow completely at the bottom, under the currently online members...
It's technically in the Sidebar on the desktop, so I guess it makes sense that it isn't part of the main content, but it's a bit overblown to have it way at the bottom for those who rely on that to find the most recent topics. (even if I personally never use it and just block it with adblock on my desktop for the forum to scale up to the entire screen.)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

But then, the people who want to use the forums will complain that the forums should be at the top.

Also, if we move recent topics, the video block will also move to the top, and that wouldn't be good. I do agree that recent topics is a bit out of the way, but I don't think the alternatives are any better.

HTTP/2 203

32 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

He's talking about the mobile site. ;)

" but i requested the desktop site and it shows the same thing "

Not really

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

2 minutes ago, yannickverc said:

" but i requested the desktop site and it shows the same thing "

Not really

He is, requesting the desktop site does approximately nothing, sadly.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

38 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

But then, the people who want to use the forums will complain that the forums should be at the top.

Also, if we move recent topics, the video block will also move to the top, and that wouldn't be good. I do agree that recent topics is a bit out of the way, but I don't think the alternatives are any better.

can you make the recent when you press a post bigger?

When you press the Fourms button on the top it shows 10 recent topics

but when you press a post theres only 5, 

Spoiler

8f2d02a687ab7237894a11f2692fd364.png6ed8ef647346a17b3f3578970a45b803.png

15 minutes ago, Aytex said:

can you make the recent when you press a post bigger?

When you press the Fourms button on the top it shows 10 recent topics

but when you press a post theres only 5, 

Hidden Content

That was intentional, to prevent the sidebar from being quite as tall on topics (which can be really short themselves).

It can be changed, and I will think about it.

HTTP/2 203

30 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

That was intentional, to prevent the sidebar from being quite as tall on topics (which can be really short themselves).

It can be changed, and I will think about it.

For me recent post is way under online members on mobile. i am using Note 3. I will upload screenshot as soon as my internet allows it.

Spoiler

pYOvHkO.png

17 minutes ago, kmanchine said:

For me recent post is way under online members on mobile. i am using Note 3. I will upload screenshot as soon as my internet allows it.

There's no way for us to reorder the blocks on mobile without messing up the desktop view.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

There's no way for us to reorder the blocks on mobile without messing up the desktop view.

Ok.

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

any way to set desktop view on mobile?

1 minute ago, kmanchine said:

any way to set desktop view on mobile?

If you use firefox and enable "request desktop site", it will work, but otherwise, no.

HTTP/2 203

Would it be possible to add quick link to recent topic into sidebar/top bar? That might solve issue for most people. Having that in tab and refreshing it time-to-time is still good alternative imo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Would it be possible to add quick link to recent topic into sidebar/top bar? That might solve issue for most people. Having that in tab and refreshing it time-to-time is still good alternative imo.

Not sure what you mean?

HTTP/2 203

5 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Not sure what you mean?

Mobile sidebar under Community would be link that brings Recent topics page up directly. While not same thing, it would make it less scrolling.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Mobile sidebar under Community would be link that brings Recent topics page up directly. While not same thing, it would make it less scrolling.

That could work, but I don't think it would be practical to add unfortunately.

HTTP/2 203