Buy 2nd GTX 770?

sgtcool

So i just got a 1440p monitor, and the performance hit is higher than i expected even on 0x AA.    (star citizen runs like ass on 1440p)

so i looked online, and a used evga GTX 770 is as low as 50€

but i am planning to get a gtx 970 (or GTX 1070 perhaps ? :P) in september on my Bday

(GPUs are 2GB)

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The performance from two 770s is greater than the performance of a 980 and very close to a 980ti but you do have the vram issue

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

If you're going to replace your video card in september regardless, I wouldn't worry about getting a 2nd 770 right now.  On the other hand, if you put off getting a new video card til september next yer, a 2nd 770 would be a great solution until then.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

Sure, the compute performance of two 770s in SLI is comparable to NVidia's flagship 900-series GPUs, but a VRAM limit of 2 gigabytes is going to hold you back.

Just now, Aereldor said:

Sure, the compute performance of two 770s in SLI is comparable to NVidia's flagship 900-series GPUs, but a VRAM limit of 2 gigabytes is going to hold you back.

1 minute ago, givegomezthegun said:

If you're going to replace your video card in september regardless, I wouldn't worry about getting a 2nd 770 right now.  On the other hand, if you put off getting a new video card til september next yer, a 2nd 770 would be a great solution until then.

1 minute ago, SkywardKkalox said:

2GBs on 1440p? Nah, the VRAM cap is gonna be hit hard, the performance will be better though.

1 minute ago, pedro69 said:

I don't think it is feasible with a second 770, you are still limited to 2Gb of vram and at 1440p you want at least 4Gb. For 1440p it is better to go with a 390 at the moment or you can wait and see how Pascal turns out.

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

The performance from two 770s is greater than the performance of a 980 and very close to a 980ti but you do have the vram issue

Well i did find a used GTX EVGA 770 Classified on ebay for about 50€, but im a bit " :/ " about it

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)