Where should i plug 2nd monitor?

sgtcool

I got a new 1440p monitor , Asus VX42AH, and i decided that ill use my old 1080p as a secondary monitor.

where should i plug it? the GPU or CPU? , it only has one VGA port and ill use an adapter for DVI

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 minute ago, sgtcool said:

I got a new 1440p monitor , Asus VX42AH, and i decided that ill use my old 1080p as a secondary monitor.

where should i plug it? the GPU or CPU? , it only has one VGA port and ill use an adapter for DVI

GPU, it's pretty self-explanatory.

Just now, SkywardKkalox said:

GPU, it's pretty self-explanatory.

does it have any performance hit?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just now, sgtcool said:

Not if your not gonna game on it

You can plug it into either the motherboard (provided you have onboard or iGPU) or GPU. I would personally just plug it into the GPU to avoid potential conflicts and complications. 

Just now, Star Paladin Vinyl said:

Not if your not gonna game on it

but i mean it does have to display another 1080p image?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2 minutes ago, sgtcool said:

Negligible performance hit. I would just hook it up to any of the outputs of the Graphics Card.

3 minutes ago, sgtcool said:

Just running the monitor has no noticeable performance hit. 

Running video can have a slight performance hit, depending on the game. Things like web browsers should have no performance hit (unless it is using more resources, such as Youtube videos)

Gpu is guaranteed to work, but the onboard graphics is dependant on whether or not the BIOS allows it, and if it does you may be sacrificing CPU performance as onboard graphics may not be as good as the gpu

I have a 1080p primary monitor and a 1050p secondary and the preformace hit between only having the 1080p and having both the 1080p and 1050p monitors connected to my GPU is no more than 5 fps.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Just running the monitor has no noticeable performance hit. 

Running video can have a slight performance hit, depending on the game. Things like web browsers should have no performance hit (unless it is using more resources, such as Youtube videos)

Just now, SkywardKkalox said:

It doesn't have to do any hard work, like rendering images from games, so it's gonna be ok. 

Ok thanks, but first i need to get a longer cable

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)