Metal Gear Solid 5 freezing on startup

Hello guys, I am really hoping somebody on here can help me. I own Metal Gear Solid 5: TPP, and it is probably my all time favorite single player game. I have played about half way through the game, about 30 hours in, so imagine my disappointment when one day I booted up the game and it straight up froze. The game freezes every time now, but it seems to happen at different times. It froze at the opening logos, the main menu, and the starting loading screen. I have tried a bunch of ways to fix this, like updating my graphics card driver, re downloading the game, and checking the integrity of game files. I have been looking all over the internet for an answer, so you guys are pretty much my last hope. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

PC SPECS (idk if this is relevant but whatever): i5-4690k @ 3.50 Ghz  |  EVGA GTX 960 2gb  |  Samsung 250gb SSD  |  8gb of RAM

3 minutes ago, gLore said:

Hello guys, I am really hoping somebody on here can help me. I own Metal Gear Solid 5: TPP, and it is probably my all time favorite single player game. I have played about half way through the game, about 30 hours in, so imagine my disappointment when one day I booted up the game and it straight up froze. The game freezes every time now, but it seems to happen at different times. It froze at the opening logos, the main menu, and the starting loading screen. I have tried a bunch of ways to fix this, like updating my graphics card driver, re downloading the game, and checking the integrity of game files. I have been looking all over the internet for an answer, so you guys are pretty much my last hope. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

PC SPECS (idk if this is relevant but whatever): i5-4690k @ 3.50 Ghz  |  EVGA GTX 960 2gb  |  Samsung 250gb SSD  |  8gb of RAM

Are you one the current drivers? if so, try the oldest but latest driver. (If that makes an sense? :P )

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Run the game in compatibility mode perhaps run the game as admin, set the game up as high priority in the task manager maybe? could also try borderless mode, I've had some issues running the witcher 3 in fullscreen mode and had to go borderless mode. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

8 minutes ago, werto165 said:

Run the game in compatibility mode perhaps run the game as admin, set the game up as high priority in the task manager maybe? could also try borderless mode, I've had some issues running the witcher 3 in fullscreen mode and had to go borderless mode. 

Ran the game as admin, put -high in the launch options, I can't change the settings cause i cant get to the main menu

19 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Are you one the current drivers? if so, try the oldest but latest driver. (If that makes an sense? :P )

I'm not sure of what you are saying. Could you link me to one of the drivers you want me to try?

On 1/31/2016 at 9:48 AM, gLore said:

. I own Metal Gear Solid 5: TPP, and it is probably my all time favorite single player game. I have played about half way through the game, about 30 hours in, so imagine my disappointment when one day I booted up the game and it straight up froze. The game freezes every time now, but it seems to happen at different times. It froze at the opening logos, the main menu, and the starting loading screen. I have tried a bunch of ways to fix this, like updating my graphics card driver, re downloading the game, and checking the integrity of game files. I have been looking all over the internet for an answer, so you guys are pretty much my last hope. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

bump