Couple of things about The Division

raendeu

Hello everyone.

I wanted to talk about the balancing issues that come with being in the Dark Zone on Lv8.

You effectively cannot be a Rouge in there. It makes absolutely no sense to play the game for couple of reasons:

a.) Loots do not spawn after picking them up straight when the server came back up to live. - In fact that was the only time I managed to open any proper loot.

b.) No one wants to be the rogue - people just troll each other with one shots until someone is brave enough to do act on it. But they won't - because the whole Dark Zone is on you ASAP.

Whenever you become Rogue, everyone just pile up on you. It's ridiculous to the point, where if you shoot someone by accident when you're going after the Rogues - You're guaranteed to die as well.

It should be balanced by marking on the map only those that are on the biggest level of Bounty - and the same way as the first level of bounty is currently handled. - Pulses on the map.

If you're a Rogue - You can't defend yourself because that will increase the bounty itself, and you can't run away - because your position on the map is advertised like Pepsi.

c.) Guns and Gameplay. There is no variety in Lv8. Everyone goes around with the same Superior gun from the Safe House. 

After the pickups do not respawn again, it's just boring. It would be fun if being Rogue would make sense, but usually it's about 10 people running to the same exfiltration zone, and if you stir something by attacking one of them, everyone just focuses on you for the easy kill. - Because they have no consequence from it.

There is way too much to lose by being a Rogue - Unless the whole point of it is to steal loot before exfil. - But then what sense does it make, if you consider point A? Nobody runs around with proper loot anymore. 

d.) Sponginess. That really wasn't an issue with me at the beginning, I even enjoyed it when it was fun:

- If you try something like that in the Dark Zone now - it'd be much more annoying. 

e.) Revenge - You are a rogue, and you get killed by someone else, or someone killed you and gets back to 'normal' status just in time - You can't kill him unless you want to have the whole Dark Zone on you again. And nobody respects any kind of friendship, it's just like an allowance for deathmatch - when everyone is too scared to start it themselves.

f.) Hacking - It's already there. I experienced it yesterday, whenever you get a bounty you get hit with small shots (Almost like pistol?) until you die. We tried it out with friends, in places where it's impossible that you'd get hit. (Interior, in the entrance to the sewers.)

I think I have the video, I'll find it and upload it when I have the time.

((EDIT - That was actually a glitch with the detection system - When you used the Pulse you could shoot through walls. Ridiculous.))

g.) Map Size. - If the map won't be much - MUCH bigger than this demo, then it's really going to be annoying. There's way too many people in this small area of the Dark Zone - You can't effectively run away from a Bounty on your head because there's 80% chance that someone will be around there somewhere. Especially with the blips on your head every 15 seconds.

I guess that's it from me at the moment. What do you think? What are some issues you came by?

I mean this is only an early beta so of course there will be issues with the game... Not saying they will fix them but there is still hope for the game.

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

I'm sort of bored of it already, unless I get a load of friends to play it I don't really see it being enjoyable. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

11 minutes ago, Bangflop said:

I mean this is only an early beta so of course there will be issues with the game... Not saying they will fix them but there is still hope for the game.

This is not an "early beta".

This is a Demo. Let's call things what they are.

Game comes out in March, I don't think they will overhaul the system in two months.

Yes, the whole rogue idea is a bit unbalanced. As soon as you go rogue, everyone wants to kill you because it gives plenty DZ credits, DZ points and possibly even loot that the Rogue dropped (DZ keys, etc.). Also, if someone trolls people with the shotty and you want to revenge kill him, it makes you rogue too, making people kill you instead. 

Even if you didn't want to go rogue by shooting someone who runs in front of your crosshair, you get wrecked immediately. The community manager said they're still working on improving the rogue system, but I hope it's fixed by release. Everything else in this game is really great, even the idea of rogue agents is brilliant, the execution however is not there yet.

144Hz goodness

I have more of a problem with the games performance ...

For starters the continously crashing on GTX 7xx cards (they all have it).

The weird performance of low/med/high/ultra for example;

At 1080p on ultra (with gameworks shit turned on) i get between 19-27 fps on my GTX 760 4GB and im ok with that.

What im not ok with is when i turn everything to LOW i get between 30-37 FPS on 1080p .. A 10 fps boost from LOW to ULTRA ? srlsy ???

The only way to get 55-60 fps is turning the game down to 1600x900 and then i can even run the game on the ultra preset .

And before you say anything of the 760, it runs every AAA from the past year at 1080p60 at med/high and this game doesnt look any better then for example witcher 3 

Let's agree to disagree

Bullet sponge is the biggest thing that kills this game for me.

Also, NPC's in the dark zone can spawn ontop of you. I been killed plenty of times from being hit in the damn head with a bat.

There has been loads of rogue groups running around lately, some of them camping in places you can only enter by one ladder. It's basically PvP chicken, this game.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

I pretty much agree with everything you mentioned.... Ive been looking forward to this game for a while and I might be skipping this if the rogue system remains broken. Hell even the single player seems like it's just gonna be boring, I'm hoping Escape from Tarkov doesn't disappoint.

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

21 hours ago, raendeu said:

If you're a Rogue - You can't defend yourself because that will increase the bounty itself, and you can't run away - because your position on the map is advertised like Pepsi.

:D love that part. its soo true.

after playing the beta now i have to strongly agree. i had really high hope and ill still probably give it a shot since i cant face this bombing. but your points are valid. firendly fire by accident happens too easily and suddenly the whole map wants to f you up the ass. and you cant even defend yourself while running away from them since that only resets your rogue counter. but you have to defend yourself since hiding is virtually impossible. 

but my hope is that this behaviour is a beta thing since everybody will have stuff to do when the game drops. in beta everybody was basically done on level 7/8 and had nothing better to do than spaming the extraction points. i hope that people will will spread out more later and treat this game more like an rpg and less like unreal tournament where everybody popping up red is fair game.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I never expected much of The Division. I don't think Ubisoft has made one MP game that would keep me playing for more than a few hours at most. This game, I would only enjoy a bit playing with friends, but noone I know will probably be getting it(no surprise it's a mediocre game at most) and playing it alone is just not worth it at all

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

On 31.1.2016 at 3:35 PM, raendeu said:

Hello everyone.

I wanted to talk about the balancing issues that come with being in the Dark Zone on Lv8.

You effectively cannot be a Rouge in there. It makes absolutely no sense to play the game for couple of reasons:

a.) Loots do not spawn after picking them up straight when the server came back up to live. - In fact that was the only time I managed to open any proper loot.

b.) No one wants to be the rogue - people just troll each other with one shots until someone is brave enough to do act on it. But they won't - because the whole Dark Zone is on you ASAP.

Whenever you become Rogue, everyone just pile up on you. It's ridiculous to the point, where if you shoot someone by accident when you're going after the Rogues - You're guaranteed to die as well.

It should be balanced by marking on the map only those that are on the biggest level of Bounty - and the same way as the first level of bounty is currently handled. - Pulses on the map.

c.) Guns and Gameplay. There is no variety in Lv8. Everyone goes around with the same Superior gun from the Safe House. 

After the pickups do not respawn again, it's just boring. It would be fun if being Rogue would make sense, but usually it's about 10 people running to the same exfiltration zone, and if you stir something by attacking one of them, everyone just focuses on you for the easy kill. - Because they have no consequence from it.

There is way too much to lose by being a Rogue - Unless the whole point of it is to steal loot before exfil. - But then what sense does it make, if you consider point A? Nobody runs around with proper loot anymore. 

d.) Sponginess. That really wasn't an issue with me at the beginning, I even enjoyed it when it was fun:

- If you try something like that in the Dark Zone now - it'd be much more annoying. 

e.) Revenge - You are a rogue, and you get killed by someone else, or someone killed you and gets back to 'normal' status just in time - You can't kill him unless you want to have the whole Dark Zone on you again. And nobody respects any kind of friendship, it's just like an allowance for deathmatch - when everyone is too scared to start it themselves.

f.) Hacking - It's already there. I experienced it yesterday, whenever you get a bounty you get hit with small shots (Almost like pistol?) until you die. We tried it out with friends, in places where it's impossible that you'd get hit. (Interior, in the entrance to the sewers.)

I think I have the video, I'll find it and upload it when I have the time.

((EDIT - That was actually a glitch with the detection system - When you used the Pulse you could shoot through walls. Ridiculous.))

g.) Map Size. - If the map won't be much - MUCH bigger than this demo, then it's really going to be annoying. There's way too many people in this small area of the Dark Zone - You can't effectively run away from a Bounty on your head because there's 80% chance that someone will be around there somewhere. Especially with the blips on your head every 15 seconds.

I guess that's it from me at the moment. What do you think? What are some issues you came by?

also beta was basically free so alot of kiddies and idiots in the game i hope that will change when people will have to pay for the game

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3