Aww man i did not know how close Phenom was to first gen Core i series.

At nearly five years of age the AMD Phenom II X4 965 has been included in the CPU group test primarily as a reference. This hugely successful CPU from AMD has been one of the most popular gaming PC's of all time. With superb Single threaded, and therefore real-world performance, the X4 was able to compete with Intel's first generation of Core chips in terms of raw processing power and it did so at a lower price point. Today of course the X4 processor has been far surpassed by Intel's third and fourth generation Core processors. [Feb '12 CPUPro]

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core2-Quad-Q9550-vs-AMD-Phenom-II-X4-965/m334vs606

Seems they were actually damn beastly vs Core i series.

Wish we could have that kind of thing right now.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Phenom II X6 compared to Sandy so yes. Phenom II was quite good

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

If only AMD would've stuck with those architecture styles and just revised them.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

They were within 5-10% of the 45nm Intel designs but cheaper obviously. That's how AMD should be IMO. Now they're like 60% slower per core and the same price for the multithreaded performance.

Phenom II X6 compared to Sandy so yes. Phenom II was quite good

If only AMD would've stuck with those architecture styles and just revised them.

jXjHGK4.png

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Actually, they are further apart than you'd think. A first gen Core i series CPU has a lower IPC than a Phenom II (based on comparisons between a Phenom II N970 and i5 540M in different models of the same laptop-HP Pavilion DV6 3010AX with N970 upgrade and the i5 540M version with the 640GB HDD), and the difference was far greater than the 300MHz clock speed alone.

Edit: Check the cinebench thread under "Dabobminable" and the corrected "Dabombinable" for further proof

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

They were within 5-10% of the 45nm Intel designs but cheaper obviously. That's how AMD should be IMO. Now they're like 60% slower per core and the same price for the multithreaded performance.

And that's hopefully how will Zen turn out. Intel is leaving a big weakpoint in its line up under 170 dollars, there are no quadcore to be seen and between the i3 and the i5 nothing exists. AMD could make use of that.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Well my old Phenom II performed great for a very long time.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"