It seems I've lost interest in gaming all together.

Zyre

For the past couple of months I haven't enjoyed gaming all that much.

The latest games just doesn't do it anymore for me.

I'm sitting at 363 Steam games, about 25 Origin games, 4 Blizzard games, and 8 Uplay games.

Not a single game is igniting that feeling of joy anymore.

Most of my time I spend browsing the internet or watching stuff on YouTube and Twitch.

Has anyone ever experienced this? What can I do to have that feeling again that I had when I was younger?

Maybe I should take a long break from gaming all together?

I did, if you don't feel like gaming, don't force yourself. Take a break

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 w/ Red Corsair SP120mm  MOBO: MSI SLI Krait Edition Z170 MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4) Storage: Kingston V300 120gb, WD 1TB GPU: MSI R9 390X CASE: Phantom 410 (ew) PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 550w CASE FANS: 4 CORSAIR SP120mm MONITOR: LG 25UM67 KEYBOARD: Das4 Ultimate Cherry MX Blue MOUSE: Deathadder Chroma Left-Handed AUDIO: Sennheiser HD598 Black, Astro A40s

I'm beginning to have the same feeling. I pump money into my PC to play games but really don't play that many games.

I suggest trying out a new genre you don't really play. If that doesn't work, just play games that are social, like Gmod in a skype call or something.

You could also take a long break, that usually works to make things enjoyable again.

You'll never get that same feeling of euphoria (insert fedora), but you can enjoy gaming again

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

I agree that it might be best if I just take a long break. I have so many games that I have no feeling in playing. Most of the time I even have a hard time picking what to play. I want to play all the games I own, but sometime it's so hard as I can choose between so many great titles.

I am currently in that phase as well. I enjoy watching YouTube more than playing games atm.

Same thing happened to me about three and a half years ago. I didn't feel like forcing it, so I've just been doing other things which tickle my fancy (I think the last game I played was Mass Effect 3). It's not like gaming is the be-all-end-all thing to do in life, there are tons of other things you can do, we live in a world of countless possibilities.

Plus, you can always come back to gaming once you start to feel that itch again. I haven't yet, but maybe one day. And if not, ah well, I'll just be doing other things.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Me too. Kind of weird lol.

• CPU i7 4790k - 4.5 Ghz | Motherboard Asus Z97-E/USB3.1 | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) | GPU MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G - 1520 core/1811 memory | Case Corsair SPEC-03 Red | Storage Sandisk Ultra II 480GB | PSU Enermax 650W 80+ Bronze | Display LG 22MC57HQ-P | Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Happens a lot (more regularly as you get older)

Best thing to do is take a break and let it get out your system. I lost interest around mid December and took a break. Just recently got back into gaming and I feel better.

It also helps to wait for that 1 good game.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

If your saying that you used to have a lot of enjoyment from gaming you might want to try some older games. Steam has a good selection of older games but you also might want to try some emulators.

Best thing to do is take a break and let it get out your system. I lost interest around mid December and took a break. Just recently got back into gaming and I feel better.

It also helps to wait for that 1 good game.

The problem I've been having for the last couple of months, is that I browse Steam and see something for 10 euros. I then buy it, play it for maybe 1 hour and basically never look back.

I eventually look back and wonder why I even do this. It might be because I'm older and able to just purchase something as I have the money for it.

The only games I'm looking forward to is Mass Effect: Andromeda. Sadly, my GPU is showing it's age. I would love to get myself a shinny new GPU, but then wonder if it's worth the money as I don't even play high demanding games. 

What I also do a lot is checking out older titles for a reason. I get this feeling that I HAVE to buy something older and play it even trough I don't really need to have it.

I wonder if I'm the only person having this issue.

The problem I've been having for the last couple of months, is that I browse Steam and see something for 10 euros. I then buy it, play it for maybe 1 hour and basically never look back.

I eventually look back and wonder why I even do this. It might be because I'm older and able to just purchase something as I have the money for it.

The only games I'm looking forward to is Mass Effect: Andromeda. Sadly, my GPU is showing it's age. I would love to get myself a shinny new GPU, but then wonder if it's worth the money as I don't even play high demanding games. 

What I also do a lot is checking out older titles for a reason. I get this feeling that I HAVE to buy something older and play it even trough I don't really need to have it.

I wonder if I'm the only person having this issue.

maybe you're  a shopoholic? xD

just don't buy every game you see. That way you can afford a strong enough gpu for Andromeda when it's released.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

You've lost your mojo. in playing games you tend to create something from nothing a kind of art. When you lose the will to create temporarily its normally down to external forces preying on your mind,worries,a loss perhaps something that is upsetting your subconscious . Taking a break for a while soon gets those creative juices flowing again. But if not then you have some unresolved conflicts in your life that need to be addressed first.

I went thru this issue about a year ago. I was always working, and bought games, but never seemed to enjoy playing them. it got to a point where I didn't turn on my PS4 and just let it collect dust. I think from playing games, and mind you the same genre of game (FPS) I just got bored of it, and stopped playing altogether. Take your time, and it'll come back. Play some different kinds of games, puzzle, RPG. ETC... Maybe you've grown stale of a certain type of genre. 

Yeah I know what you mean.  I feel like I spend alot of time on youtube and reading about stuff.  Not necessarily just about PCs either.  I think what will eventually help is once games become too demanding on your current rig then being forced to go back and play that big backlog of games you have while you save money for the new stuff which isn't a bad thing at all.  I find that mods help me as well to get interested in older titles like Skyrim things like DCO and magic overhauls breath new life into a game like that. 

This.

You struggle to immerse yourself becuase you're so immersed in real life, you can no longer escape because of the importance of real-life priorities. You may find you can't really enjoy books, either. Movies are a bit iffy, too. Instead, you end up procrastinating on YouTube and more to get back that sense of escapism.

It fluctuates for me personally, but I'm only 18 at the end of the day.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Same problem here. Taking a break does help. *BluRay MOVIES in my FHD TV :D *

But still, now I don't play much games

Have around 300 Steam Games

Around a 100 disc version of non-steam games

Around 20 Origin Stuff

6 UPlay Stuff

I don't know where these come, probably blizzard:

LOL, Starcraft, WoW, Hearthstone.

And some, you know pir@+e|)  games. I stopped doing that though.

I've started collecting games now. It's my hobby

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

might be more fun to just watching someone else play your games

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

You just need to find a game that you like. I had the same problem and now only ever bother with games I know for a fact I would be interested in.

I had the same thing happen to me about 6 years ago so I started getting into software development and I find it so much more enjoyable than playing video games. After 2-3 years of just doing coding without any real gaming I started to get back into gaming but coding still makes me feel better than any video game could (acing the other team in CS:GO doesn't hold a candle to writing a script and releasing it on GitHub for the world to use :D).

-KuJoe

I used to play a ton but as I got older other things became more important. I still play now but it's fits and starts Fallout got me back into gaming but over time it will drop off again. Just stop take a break and get back into it latter. It dos t help when games don't seam to push innovation and just seam to spew the same crap over and over

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Same feeling. I tend to play an 1-2 hours and hours then get bored. :( only reason why I get bored, because no one I know plays during the times I play

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

See, for the longest time I honestly thought I was the only person who had this problem, I'd go for like a month at a time just because I wasn't feeling it and I always thought it was a weird feeling because I know that I love gaming, but I had to just pull away every now and then.  

What I've actually started to do recently is to play sandbox games.  They almost pull the creativity back out of me when I'm in one of those ruts.  Games like Cities Skylines, Beam.NG Drive, even GTA V (with mods) almost act as a replacement for procrastinating on YouTube.

Try it, It really helped me and I don't know if anyone else has tried something similar but it may be your saving grace if you know deep down that gaming is still in you! :D

About me:  23 Year old Software Developer from Wales, UK.  PC gamer and occasional Xbox Series X gamer (fanboy in recovery lol).  I stream occasionally as a hobby. 

The Rigs/Specs

KONAN (Main Rig): 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core I7-10700K

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Digital Midi Tower Glass Gaming Case - Gunmetal Grey

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming (Socket LGA 1200) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

RAM: Team Group Vulcan Z T-Force 48GB (2x8GB & 2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz

PSU: Corsair HXi Series HX850i

Storage: M.2, SATA SSD, Array of 6TB HDDs, etc etc. 

CASWYN (Old Main Rig - Retired):

Spoiler

CASWYN (Main Rig):  i7 6700k @4.4Ghz, AsRock Z170 Pro4 Motherboard, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080, 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black Series (2133MHz, DDR4) Array of several Hard Drives totaling to 9TB, Samsung 840 120Gb SSD (Boot drive)  Ask for other stuff where relevant

CLESEK (Laptop):

Spoiler

Dell Inspiron 7559 Gaming Laptop - i7-6700HQ, 12GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce GTX 960m, ADATA 128GB SSD, 1TB Standard HDD

have happened to me, but only like for a month, I just surf the web and wait until it comes back.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I stopped gaming a lot ever since going through university. It helps to explore rare gems and just be patient for the games that interest you. The thing that the gaming industry that turned me off was the hype trains ruined all the next gen games for me. Ever since 2015/2016 no new games interest me at all everything is so bland no one wants to step outside the box anymore cause it's not profitable for the risk. 

Now that i've stopped gaming a lot i find games that can jump in and jump out more enjoyable.