Usb devices work in bios but not at windows.

ConfusedDolphin

I think this is a fairly common issue but none of the solutions I have read have helped me.

I did a fresh install of windows 7 on a new drive. All went fine, I tried installing some drivers from the cd just because I wanted to use the pc a bit before upgrading to win 10.

I was prompted to restart and now I can't use the mouse or keyboard when the system boots to the windows login screen. As it says in the title, both keyword and mouse work fine in the bios menu, but I can't enter a password or move the mouse at the login screen.

Any fix suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

System

Gigabyte ga-z170xp-sli

16gb vengeance ram

850 evo 250GB

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Make sure you're not using either of them in a USB 3.0 port. Most USB 3.0 ports require drivers for their controllers, and won't do anything but power the devices until the drivers are installed.

Make sure you're not using either of them in a USB 3.0 port. Most USB 3.0 ports require drivers for their controllers, and won't do anything but power the devices until the drivers are installed.

this^

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Problem first occurred while using the standard usb inputs at the top of the io. Have tested with all other usb ports and all have had the same problem.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558