Rise of The Tomb Raider PC Performance reviewed - Another Bad port?

Mr_Troll

Are you using a mobile GPU? No? I thought so

Working fine for me as well. Never had to reinstall OS due to drivers update. What are you doing with your laptop?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Working fine for me as well. Never had to reinstall OS due to drivers update. What are you doing with your laptop?

Updating drivers....

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

NV said you'll need a 970 to run it at 60 FPS 1080p. Huh?

Yeah. And the one in the test runs it on max at an average of 55. Pretty close.

Yeah. And the one in the test runs it on max at an average of 55. Pretty close.

I thought it didn't run even close, I'm blind, was looking at the wrong card on my phone. Edited my post.

also, I wonder what "exclusive fullscreen" is

Fullscreen is borderless windowed. Exclusive fullscreen gives the application running it higher priority and thus more resources and essentially more performance.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

If they ever get one out that increases performance I'll be surprised.

Why?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Didn't they say you need Radeon HD 7770 or GTX 650 to run it properly? Dafuq is going on with them then?

PC Systems Requirements:

Minimum

•Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent

•Memory: 6 (Six) GB RAM

•Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 650 2GB or AMD HD7770 2GB

•DirectX: Version 11

•Storage: 25 GB available space

Recommended

•Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.40GHz or AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz

•Memory: 8 (Eight) GB RAM

•Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290x

•Storage: 30 GB available space

No one ever said that. Why would you think a new AAA title could be run properly on a 650? 

PC Systems Requirements:

Minimum

•Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent

•Memory: 6 (Six) GB RAM

•Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 650 2GB or AMD HD7770 2GB

•Storage: 25 GB available space

Recommended

•Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.40GHz or AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz

•Memory: 8 (Eight) GB RAM

•Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290x

•Storage: 30 GB available space

No one ever said that. Why would you think a new AAA title could be run properly on a 650? 

People are confusing "running the game" with "maxing out the game out at high resolutions and running at 60fps"

Why gamers are surprised that their GTX 760 can't max out a brand new AAA title at max graphics and 1440p boggles my mind.

Guys.. you can still play it.. just turn the graphics down!

This is why developers show early gameplay footage with amazing graphics, and then when the game comes out it's been scaled way back... Because everyone wants to "max out" the game with their $300 GPU. They literally get the exact same experience, but are now longer upset because the game is "maxed out".

All they really do is screw over the people that actually have good hardware.

Why?

Well for one, I don't know what website this is, that made the benchmarks - I can't read the language and I don't feel like turning translate on. I also don't know how reliable they are.

Two, WCCFTech basically stole their work for clicks (I know they "gave them credit". Not the point).

Three, the game isn't out in the U.S. yet.

I don't think it's actually a bad port I think the game and it's engine is just quite demanding and for one I'm happy about it because finally we're pushing the capabilities of gaming PC's.

Why gamers are surprised that their GTX 760 can't max out a brand new AAA title at max graphics and 1440p boggles my mind.

This is why developers show early gameplay footage with amazing graphics, and then when the game comes out it's been scaled way back... Because everyone wants to "max out" the game with their $300 GPU. They literally get the exact same experience, but are now longer upset because the game is "maxed out".

I can't agree with you more. 

Hmmm... I call bad port. This is utterly ridiculous. A game that tanks a 280X to 23fps at 1440p? That's some bullshit right there and the studio knows it.

Some people were obviously cutting a lot of corners if this is what we can expect from a AAA title.

This game should be delayed until the devs can get their shit together and code this game properly. Since when did a 7-fucking80 beat a 390X?

That just pisses me off.

I'm not surprised, 280x is becoming a bit dated at 1440p.

This looks like a pretty good port to me. On Day 1 they're getting 55.5 fps average on a 970 at 1080p maxed out except with FXAA instead of SSAA. The game looks awesome graphically too. I'm definitely picking this game up in a month or so. Almost a year and a half after the GTX 970's release I should be able to still play this game at 60 fps with some very minor tweaks down from maxed out. And maybe then with a couple of patches out I won't need to turn anything down. But I imagine it'll be a month before I get this since I still have a lot of time left in Fallout 4.

Hahahaha. 

I am not going to read all the comments but I think a lot of people are overreacting.

Game may tank FPS on Ultra with the most demanding settings but turning them a little bit lower may increase your FPS by 20 or more. I don't own the game but this was the case in Witcher 3 as well. HairWorks ON ... Bye bye FPS.

Yada yada yada, I don't see the problem here (AMD performance will probably get fixed with the next driver update). The game looks okay and if your GPU can't handle your desired framerate, turn down the settings or get a better GPU ffs.

144Hz goodness

TB did a quick report on it. And it doesn't look that bad.

HBAO+ destroys the framerate, but that doesn't come as a suprise.

New nvidia driver solves some issues, and SLI scaling exists, not great, but you will notice it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

TB did a quick report on it. And it doesn't look that bad.

HBAO+ destroys the framerate, but that doesn't come as a suprise.

That would be a first, I've never seen it hit FPS hard on multiple games before; whether I used AMD or NV hardware. Maybe it's the implementation here.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

this game is using THE DENOVUO DRM

so that is probably crippling the fps by ATLEAST 10-20FPS

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

this game is using THE DENOVUO DRM

so that is probably crippling the fps by ATLEAST 10-20FPS

How did you manage to misspell Denuvo that much? There is no way that a DRM is hitting FPS by ~20-30+%. It's a protection, not a graphics option. Where did you get that number? 

Lets wait for the AMD game ready driver

AMD is really good at that aren't they? Always making you wait for game ready drivers. I mean gosh AMD... the game just came out ya know? But... just take your time, it's not like I'm in a hurry to play this game or anything.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM