AIO 980ti vs AIR + longevity

Go to solution Solved by godzrule,

Thanks guys, You all gave great points, many thanks!

Hi guys, so i am going to purchase a 980ti within 2 weeks at most, The one i am currently interested in due to specs and noise is the waterforce by Gigabyte. I have never used an AIO before only air, i am currently using a 460v2 which i got shortly after its release, its still going strong on air and just now i am starting to hearing coil wine when i game, I am worried that if i go with the waterforce that while temps and the noise will be exactly what i want along with performance, the fear of a part failure or leak is worrisome and since i am the type of person that runs his Pc 24/7 durability matters alot, I want to jump on the W/C scene with my gpu first and later my cpu, but its this worry that gets me. ps. (I will ultimately have a skylake machine within 2 or 3 months max and will add the psu, 212, & 980ti to that new build) 

1. How long are these AIO rated to last? I have stuck with air for this reason but if the change is safe and i can get say 4+ years with the card i would be happy with the AIO.
2. If i have a failure a year after use will they warranty it? (assuming no fault on my side obviously.)
3. Is this card supported by any aftermarket vendors for a custom loop? 

Thanks in advance for all your assistance, LTT
longevity 

My system
CPU: Intel 2500k
Ram: 8gb Patriot sector 5
Mobo: Asus P8P67 Le rev 3
GPU: 460v2 Nvidia 
Cooler: 212 hyper evo
SSD: 250gb Os loaded Samsung 850
PSU: 500w antec >>>>>>>>OTW from newegg 1000w corsair hxi
HDD: 6 tb of drives

“Does Yggdrasil drink from it because it is the Well of Wisdom, or is it the Well of Wisdom because Yggdrasil drinks from it?” 
― J. Aleksandr WoottonHer Unwelcome Inheritance

CPU Intel 6700k @4.7ghz  Motherboard Asus Rampage Formula VIII RAM 16gb (4x4) Corsair Dominator Platinums GPU Evga Hybrid 980ti

Case ThermalTake X71 Storage 512gb 950 Samsung M.2 PSU 1000Hxi Corsair Cooling 115i Corsair CLC 280mm
Operating System Windows 10 64bit

aios can last 5+ years easily

but air coolers can last decades

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hi guys, so i am going to purchase a 980ti within 2 weeks at most, The one i am currently interested in due to specs and noise is the waterforce by Gigabyte. I have never used an AIO before only air, i am currently using a 460v2 which i got shortly after its release, its still going strong on air and just now i am starting to hearing coil wine when i game, I am worried that if i go with the waterforce that while temps and the noise will be exactly what i want along with performance, the fear of a part failure or leak is worrisome and since i am the type of person that runs his Pc 24/7 durability matters alot, I want to jump on the W/C scene with my gpu first and later my cpu, but its this worry that gets me. ps. (I will ultimately have a skylake machine within 2 or 3 months max and will add the psu, 212, & 980ti to that new build) 

1. How long are these AIO rated to last? I have stuck with air for this reason but if the change is safe and i can get say 4+ years with the card i would be happy with the AIO.

2. If i have a failure a year after use will they warranty it? (assuming no fault on my side obviously.)

3. Is this card supported by any aftermarket vendors for a custom loop? 

Thanks in advance for all your assistance, LTT

longevity 

My system

CPU: Intel 2500k

Ram: 8gb Patriot sector 5

Mobo: Asus P8P67 Le rev 3

GPU: 460v2 Nvidia 

Cooler: 212 hyper evo

SSD: 250gb Os loaded Samsung 850

PSU: 500w antec >>>>>>>>OTW from newegg 1000w corsair hxi

HDD: 6 tb of drives

If you do go for an aio gpu get the evga instead of the gigabyte because it is much cheaper with much better looking tubing. 

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

If you do go for an aio gpu get the evga instead of the gigabyte because it is much cheaper with much better looking tubing. 

also the fan is replaceable 

also if the pump dies u can revert to air cooling.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

See how much manufacturers warranty is on the item, a good starting point me thinks,...i think with EVGA you can extend the warranty period for a fee

Thanks guys, You all gave great points, many thanks!

“Does Yggdrasil drink from it because it is the Well of Wisdom, or is it the Well of Wisdom because Yggdrasil drinks from it?” 
― J. Aleksandr WoottonHer Unwelcome Inheritance

CPU Intel 6700k @4.7ghz  Motherboard Asus Rampage Formula VIII RAM 16gb (4x4) Corsair Dominator Platinums GPU Evga Hybrid 980ti

Case ThermalTake X71 Storage 512gb 950 Samsung M.2 PSU 1000Hxi Corsair Cooling 115i Corsair CLC 280mm
Operating System Windows 10 64bit