need help deciding which headphones to buy?

anon4116

Your other topic doesn't make a difference. There's no need to link it.

As for headphones- 

$50- Superlux HD 681 EVO
$100- Sennheiser Momentum
$150- Sennheiser HD 598

:D you see if you read my topic it would of made sense but since you guys wont ill make it easy for all of us, I have budget of £800 for my new build. Awesome dude helped me out with pc build it cost £689.49 so that means i have £110.51 extra for headphone. My new pc has this sound card http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-sound-card-xonardsx . I will be using audacity for sound editing, also i do video editing and gaming. I need surround sound 7.1 headphones with good bass.  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^

I need surround sound 7.1 headphones with good bass.  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^

What does "good bass" mean.

You probably shouldn't get "surround 7.1" headphones if you plan to do audio editing.

i need subwoofer and 7.1 for gaming. lol i am not expert for sound edit i do basic stuff here and there so i dont need to worry too much i just need gaming headset to make this even easier  :P  :)

i need subwoofer and 7.1 for gaming. lol i am not expert for sound edit i do basic stuff here and there so i dont need to worry too much i just need gaming headset to make this even easier  :P  :)

I thought you said you needed headphones or whatever. So is that it or do you need a sub?

sir that why i am asking for recommendation 7.1 is must have but it must have good bass aka subwoofer to make my head shake  ^_^

sir that why i am asking for recommendation 7.1 is must have but it must have good bass aka subwoofer to make my head shake  ^_^

Well I hope you find something to fit your needs. I really do.

Usually when headphones are marketed with "7.1 surround" that is a marketing gimmick.  What they do is simulate a surround experience with software.  Watch this video with headphones or earbuds to get an idea of what they are trying to accomplish.  Because it's done with software literally any headphone could be called "7.1".

There are gaming headphones that attempt surround sound by putting multiple drivers on each side (as apposed to one large driver on each side), but the consensus is they sound like crap and don't even give you a better surround sound image.

I say just get the HyperX Cloud/QPad QH-90 and call it a day.

I don't want to make a new thread since this one already exists, so...any recommendations on headphones for $50 and under? Just using it occasionally, for games and movies. Bonus if it has a builtin mic, but not required. Since there's probably a million different options, we'll narrow it down a good bit and say the only requirement is that I'd prefer it have a red/black appearance so it matches my build (might sound a little silly, but that actually is kind of important to me, as I've coordinated pretty much everything else already). Thanks everyone! And sorry for the thread hijack

I don't want to make a new thread since this one already exists, so...any recommendations on headphones for $50 and under? Just using it occasionally, for games and movies. Bonus if it has a builtin mic, but not required. Since there's probably a million different options, we'll narrow it down a good bit and say the only requirement is that I'd prefer it have a red/black appearance so it matches my build (might sound a little silly, but that actually is kind of important to me, as I've coordinated pretty much everything else already). Thanks everyone! And sorry for the thread hijack

Here, try these-

http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-681-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B002GHIPYI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1453880485&sr=8-2&keywords=superlux

I'd recommend picking up a desktop microphone instead for better audio quality. Here's an excellent offering from Samson-

http://www.amazon.com/Samson-Mic-Portable-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B001R76D42/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453880702&sr=8-1&keywords=samson+go+mic

You could also go with something like a Newer NW-700 for about $20, but you'll need a stand, and a USB to XLR adapter that can supply the extra power a condenser mic needs.

Wait do you want 7.1 headphones/headset?

If you want that then you should know that the "7.1" is just software and you will get much better sound from a pair of normal headphones.

If you have 150$ for a pair you should look at the k612 pro's since they are more precis than the HD 598 in their sound.

HD 598 have a peak in the highs and the K612 are extremely flat some people like logan are on the fence about because they are almost too flat for them, but they can produce bass correctly and bass that no other headphones can produce.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Here, try these-

http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-681-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B002GHIPYI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1453880485&sr=8-2&keywords=superlux

I'd recommend picking up a desktop microphone instead for better audio quality. Here's an excellent offering from Samson-

http://www.amazon.com/Samson-Mic-Portable-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B001R76D42/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453880702&sr=8-1&keywords=samson+go+mic

You could also go with something like a Newer NW-700 for about $20, but you'll need a stand, and a USB to XLR adapter that can supply the extra power a condenser mic needs.

Thank you!! I like those headphones, and didn't even consider a portable mic til now. Great choices, and thanks again! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2016 at 2:34 AM, Aereldor said:

Here, try these-

Just wanted to follow up and say that I ended up purchasing these headphones, and...wow...the sound quality and comfort is just unbelievable for a pair of $30 headphones. Truly amazing value at that price, and they're pretty nice looking and match my build on top of that...thanks again for pointing these out!