CS:GO Poll - Enthusiasts only! (refresh rate questions)

AstroBenny

I was just interested because when I moved to 144Hz, 60Hz just feels awful now and I don't think I could play at anything less than 120Hz :P

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I wouldn't go back to 60hz, but if I had no chance it wouldn't be too horrible. 60hz is okay but not the best. 

Personally if you have money go ahead get 144hz but im still able to reach LEM rank with 60hz monitor and this is similar with my friends who are higher rank than my. To be fact the MM server are 64tick and they is no massive advantage on official servers. I am still able to one tap like a boss. 

Magical Pineapples

Personally if you have money go ahead get 144hz but im still able to reach LEM rank with 60hz monitor and this is similar with my friends who are higher rank than my. To be fact the MM server are 64tick and they is no massive advantage on official servers. I am still able to one tap like a boss. 

The exact reason I don't use a 144hz monitor to play the game. I play on valve servers only :D

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

Personally i would much rather have a IPS display than 144hz.

I think it does make quite bit of a difference. I mean, I had gold nova 4 (for quite a while) when I upgraded my screen to benQ XL2411Z (144hz) and I jumped like 4 ranks up within a month. It could be placebo but I could feel a massive difference. 

I am stuck in LE though, maybe if I had a gaming chair I'd get global...

I think it does make quite bit of a difference. I mean, I had gold nova 4 (for quite a while) when I upgraded my screen to benQ XL2411Z (144hz) and I jumped like 4 ranks up within a month. It could be placebo but I could feel a massive difference. 

I am stuck in LE though, maybe if I had a gaming chair I'd get global...

Maybe the fact csgo ranking system is fucked before. What is your current rank after reshuffle? 

Magical Pineapples

Maybe the fact csgo ranking system is fucked before. What is your current rank after reshuffle? 

I am LE right now. I got my screen like half a year ago. 

Personally i would much rather have a IPS display than 144hz.

You know that there are 144Hz IPS monitors right?

IPS doesnt exclude high refreshrates so its a irrelevant argument.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

You know that there are 144Hz IPS monitors right?

IPS doesnt exclude high refreshrates so its a irrelevant argument.

Its not an irrelevant argument and Im aware that there are plenty of IPS 144hz monitors.

But those monitors aren't exactly cheap and if i had to choce between IPS or 144hz TN (which i know many have to make that choice and cant get both) i would much rather have IPS than 144hz.

Refresh rate doesn't really matter and won't make you play better. Yes it's nicer for your eyes and more enjoyable, but it won't make you global in a week so to speak.

While it's a must if you go hardcore/pro, if you're just playing the game casually I wouldn't bother.

I reached global in 500 hours with a shitty 60Hz monitor, while some friends with 144Hz monitors and amazing setups took 1500+ hours to reach global.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Refresh rate doesn't really matter and won't make you play better. Yes it's nicer for your eyes and more enjoyable, but it won't make you global in a week so to speak.

While it's a must if you go hardcore/pro, if you're just playing the game casually I wouldn't bother.

I reached global in 500 hours with a shitty 60Hz monitor, while some friends with 144Hz monitors and amazing setups took 1500+ hours to reach global.

Yes, I know 120Hz/144Hz isn't going to put you at a HUGE advantage. I was wondering because after playing at 144Hz, 60Hz hurts my eyes :P

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)