Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off topic chit chat

1 minute ago, Benji said:

Most definitely 馃槃

But the desktop is 165hz and the TV is 60hz.聽 And the TV is more for casual couch fun? Though the 1080 def puts the couch gaming PC as a tick below Xbox Series X and PS5... But well above Xbox One X and PS4 Pro... Hrm.

There's def times I've mused switching the two for certain situations, but the 3080 is huge.聽 That thing needs a support arm installed and everything.聽 The 1080 is a lot easier to fit and it only needs an 8pin for power.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio,聽Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7聽4790, Asus聽B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X聽DD XXX OC

UnRAID #1: Intel E5-2697v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 48GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel聽E5-2603v2,聽Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: Lenovo聽M93P Tiny: i7 4950HQ, 16GB DDR3聽
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel聽i3 3250, Asus聽P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock聽775i65G聽r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

wtf.PNG.c9347ee1e45a239261ef1ebb09b803a9.PNG

rly.PNG.c4734a7f923d54c4c85b8e634ef396ef.PNG

7HBO0SC.png.208eb9b9658d0932d4450947b490f3e3.png

wtf.PNG

QUOTE ME聽聽FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC聽to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C聽||聽Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker)聽|| Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings ||聽Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital聽|| Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold聽||聽Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb聽||聽Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb聽|| Asus Rog Theta 7.1聽||聽Asus Rog claymore聽|| Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse聽||Monitor 1聽Asus 1080p 144hz||Monitor 2聽AOC 1080p 75hz||

Test Rig.

Spoiler

|聽Ryzen 5 3400G聽||聽Gigabyte b450 S2H聽|| Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16聽||Stock cooler聽||聽Antec NX100聽|| Silverstone essential 400w聽||聽Transgend SSD 220s 480gb聽||

Just Sold

Spoiler

|聽i3 9100F聽|| Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI聽||聽MSI Z390 A-Pro聽|| Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler聽|| Kolink Horizon RGB聽|| Corsair CV 550w聽||聽Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/聽 OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

BluRay Recordable media is great.聽 It does away with the problematic organic dyes of CDR and DVDR to allow pretty amazing shelf life.聽 You can also read it in very available consumer drives.聽 Short of a hammer, a microwave, or trying to dissolve it with chemicals or prolonged UV exposure, it's bulletproof.聽 It can survive temperatures, humidity, and even EM radiation well beyond the limits tape media would withstand.

...But those read and write speeds are a downer...聽 Over 2hrs to write and verify 87GB to a disc.

bdxlwrite.png

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio,聽Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7聽4790, Asus聽B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X聽DD XXX OC

Windows XP Retro PC: Intel聽i3 3250, Asus聽P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock聽775i65G聽r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Hey everyone, I looked around and I didn't see a good thread but this one to post a thank you, so I thought I'd use this... here we go.

Thanks to Linus and everyone in LMG for doing what you're doing. I found your videos about 6 months ago and it's reignited my love of geeking out on the PC both as a hermit at times, and with my two little kids who like to geek out with me, Breath of the Wild is our game of choice at this moment. That being said, that is not all that I appreciate you for...

I'm also a teacher, and former (or soon to be) Assistant Principal down in the states. Many of my students who start to struggle at school for the most part say their dream is to be a Youtuber one day. Knowing what I know and not wanting to be that guy, I don't shoot that down. We take the time in my office or classroom, and examine what they want to do. I use your videos (both the early ones, and new ones) to show success in that venture, but also the work that you've all put into it. I help them map out the three things that stand out in your videos. 1. How do you stand out from the crowd? 2. How much you have to hustle and really know the business to succeed, and 3. Are you willing to stick with it the long-term? After mapping all of this out and showing what you do, you see the change in their eyes, sometimes it's realization that it's not as easy as just unboxing things, but there has been that occasional student who takes what I say to heart and really starts to plan things out. And for that... I say Thank You.

I'm that teacher that talks video games with my students, and the latest tech and your videos really help me hang in there with them :). Someday I'll be able to look at one of your builds and actually be able to do it myself (when my wife lets me drop that kind of coin), but until that day comes, I enjoy seeing what you do and dreaming of a system of my own one day, or a sweet camera for my wife. I've already taken your advice on a few other things and it's paid off huge! That being said, for what I've learned about the business side of Youtube through your videos and the impact it's been able to have on my students, once again, Thank You.

I hope this video finds everyone at LMG well and I don't know if you've done one, but I'd love to see a video where you talk about how and why you started, and when you hit that moment where you realized you were making it. If I could stop by and deliver this to you in person, I would, but being in Washington State, and COVID, it's a bit of a drive :). Best of luck to you all and Thank You.

Drew

May the lives lost in San Jose聽today have a peaceful rest.

I have too much free time, a photo printer and a copy of Illustrator...

PXL_20210528_235015441.thumb.jpg.300e0e8b62aa3c8708761afb2e66247f.jpg

PXL_20210529_034705849.thumb.jpg.3c2280e0b5002abe353fd07d687eb62d.jpg

I've been getting all nightmares these days! Just little confused what it could be all about..

5 minutes ago, nithinjoe said:

I've been getting all nightmares these days! Just little confused what it could be all about..

If you don't mind sharing, are they centered around a specific event, have a specific theme, follow a similar format, etc.?
I had a 20x dreamloop of the same dream/nightmare with a few things changed each time, until #17 when I realized I could control the dream. Then it was fun.

REFRESH BEFORE RESPOND, I EDITED MY POST

• Forums
  • Community Standards
  • All Activity
  • My Activity Streams聽
  • More聽
  • 聽All Activity
  • 聽Mark site read
  • 聽Create聽
  • Home聽
  • Settings

Signature Restrictions

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:

• 聽Images are not allowed
  • 聽Maximum of 10 URLs
  • 聽Maximum of 30 lines

• View signatures?

Show other people's signatures alongside their content

• SignatureSizeFont

• Drag files here to attach, or聽choose files...

• Other Media聽
    • Max total size:聽20 MB
  • Save

• 聽All Activity聽Mark site read聽Home聽Settings聽Theme Privacy Policy聽Terms of Use聽Forum Support
  • Forums Community Standards All Activity My Activity Streams聽More聽All Activity
  • Mark site read Create聽Home聽Settings

Settings

Manage your account settings, and set up social network integration.

• Overview Email Address Password Security and Privacy Recently Used Devices Display Name Content View Behavior Signature Twitter Microsoft Google Steam Discord

Signature Restrictions

• Images are not allowed Maximum of 10 URLs Maximum of 30 lines
  • View signatures? Show other people's signatures alongside their content Signature聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽SizeFont
    • Drag files here to attach, or聽choose files... Other Media聽Max total size:聽20 MB

• Save

• All Activity Mark site read Home聽Settings
  • Theme聽Privacy Policy Terms of Use Forum Support
  • Linus Media GroupPowered by Invision Community

aHR0cHM6Ly9kcml2ZS5nb29nbGUuY29tL2ZpbGUvZC8xOWZWOVNidFp1d2FLUVUxaUY5bjg3MjVHelcxd2x2SWkvdmlldz91c3A9c2hhcmluZw==

2 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

If you don't mind sharing, are they centered around a specific event, have a specific theme, follow a similar format, etc.?
I had a 20x dreamloop of the same dream/nightmare with a few things changed each time, until #17 when I realized I could control the dream. Then it was fun.

Yoo!! That's super exciting! Can we do that for real?聽Yeah all the dreams are almost relative to each other..

Just now, nithinjoe said:

Yoo!! That's super exciting! Can we do that for real?聽Yeah all the dreams are almost relative to each other..

It seems to depend on the dream for me, and how long I'm in it. The "quick ones", or the ones that seem to last 15 minutes but are actually 2 hours or so I've never been able to control, but the "long ones", or the ones that go 80% of the night are the ones I'm usually able to control. It's not instantly though - I have to adapt to the dream, in a sense, before I'm able to control聽what I do. If it's long enough I'll eventually be able to control the whole dream, though it's only happened twice.

Both times it was really fun to experiment with gravity and having things fly.

REFRESH BEFORE RESPOND, I EDITED MY POST

• Forums
  • Community Standards
  • All Activity
  • My Activity Streams聽
  • More聽
  • 聽All Activity
  • 聽Mark site read
  • 聽Create聽
  • Home聽
  • Settings

Signature Restrictions

• 聽Images are not allowed
  • 聽Maximum of 10 URLs
  • 聽Maximum of 30 lines

• View signatures?

Show other people's signatures alongside their content

• SignatureSizeFont

• Drag files here to attach, or聽choose files...

• Other Media聽
    • Max total size:聽20 MB
  • Save

• 聽All Activity聽Mark site read聽Home聽Settings聽Theme Privacy Policy聽Terms of Use聽Forum Support
  • Forums Community Standards All Activity My Activity Streams聽More聽All Activity
  • Mark site read Create聽Home聽Settings

Settings

Manage your account settings, and set up social network integration.

• Overview Email Address Password Security and Privacy Recently Used Devices Display Name Content View Behavior Signature Twitter Microsoft Google Steam Discord

Signature Restrictions

• Images are not allowed Maximum of 10 URLs Maximum of 30 lines
  • View signatures? Show other people's signatures alongside their content Signature聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽SizeFont
    • Drag files here to attach, or聽choose files... Other Media聽Max total size:聽20 MB

• Save

• All Activity Mark site read Home聽Settings
  • Theme聽Privacy Policy Terms of Use Forum Support
  • Linus Media GroupPowered by Invision Community

aHR0cHM6Ly9kcml2ZS5nb29nbGUuY29tL2ZpbGUvZC8xOWZWOVNidFp1d2FLUVUxaUY5bjg3MjVHelcxd2x2SWkvdmlldz91c3A9c2hhcmluZw==

3 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

It seems to depend on the dream for me, and how long I'm in it. The "quick ones", or the ones that seem to last 15 minutes but are actually 2 hours or so I've never been able to control, but the "long ones", or the ones that go 80% of the night are the ones I'm usually able to control. It's not instantly though - I have to adapt to the dream, in a sense, before I'm able to control聽what I do. If it's long enough I'll eventually be able to control the whole dream, though it's only happened twice.

Both times it was really fun to experiment with gravity and having things fly.

It should me be real fun 馃槻

On 5/16/2021 at 2:33 PM, CerealExperimentsLain said:

I paid CAD$20 for this Radeon R9 280X in late 2019 from a computer store that was shuttering, actually it was a pair for CAD$40 all in.聽 This one had bad fans and was missing it's bracket.聽 CAD$30 in replacement parts and I'm finally going to reassemble and repair this and get it on eBay for at least $120. :3

This was borderline ewaste when I Got it, but now the GPU market is nuts and this is a perfectly serviceable 1080p card

PXL_20210516_183020135.jpg

I have a spare R9 270 and even though it's quite old, it still puts up quite a good fight.

Once I find the perfect soyjack, you will be on the floor begging聽for mercy.

Just found out my GPU is a prebuilt, time to get to work

Meme in progress.jpg

One day I might or might not tell this forum the amusing story on how I registered my Twitter handle as an Artist name in Germany, making me capable of using it to actually do official stuff with it.

Write in C.

Hey, um, can any one direct me to the part of the forum where I cn troubleshoot my garbage AIO computer?

28 minutes ago, Nightglaze said:

Hey, um, can any one direct me to the part of the forum where I cn troubleshoot my garbage AIO computer?

We have a Troubleshooting sub-forum, where you can make a thread to聽ask for help regarding your PC:

https://linustechtips.com/forum/46-troubleshooting/

Of course be sure to give the right context/information on the PC, which this thread gives some detail in what you can/should mention to get the best help:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards work:聽https://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

What always confuses me is when there鈥檚 a new member who has a post but is listed as 鈥0 posts鈥: are there some threads that don鈥檛 contribute to your count?

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really.聽

7 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

What always confuses me is when there鈥檚 a new member who has a post but is listed as 鈥0 posts鈥: are there some threads that don鈥檛 contribute to your count?

These are people that usually only write in Off-Topic. Off-Topic posts and threads don't contribute聽towards your post count.

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

These are people that usually only write in Off-Topic. Off-Topic posts and threads don't contribute聽towards your post count.

I was thinking that, noticed that MoTF doesn't either.

8D8A83E5-FBBC-443E-B1A7-5F75EF62CD12.jpeg

Hey guys, I'm new here. Just created this account on the forum cause today I commented on the iMac video and got this reply.
image.png.486780147e8e9d3d21dea96ff511307b.png

Found it weird and decided to come here, maybe it's a common occurrence.
I censored the number so it doesn't look like I'm trying to spread it.

Just now, FilipeMrA said:

Hey guys, I'm new here. Just created this account on the forum cause today I commented on the iMac video and got this reply.
image.png.486780147e8e9d3d21dea96ff511307b.png

Found it weird and decided to come here, maybe it's common occurrence.
I censored the number so it doesn't look like I'm trying to spread it.

YouTube Display names are not required to be unique. So this happens:

image.thumb.png.d24390e270b0c838095dd84e43c2408c.png

Not surprised one of them is a bot.聽

AMD FX鈩 6300 @ 4.20 GHz聽| ASUS M5A97 R2.0| MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung聽850 EVO 250GB/聽WD 750GB |聽Antec 300聽|ASUS Xonar DG|聽CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5聽

Intel Core鈩 i7-7600U| Seagate 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 850 G4

Intel Core鈩 i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB/聽1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15聽

Intel Core鈩 i7-3520M聽|GT 630M|16 GB Corsair Vengeance聽DDR3聽| Samsung聽850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina聽|聽 Lenovo IdeaPad P580

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.6.1) | iPhone XS (iOS 14.3) |聽聽iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | Samsung Galaxy S5e (Android 10)

4 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

YouTube Display names are not required to be unique. So this happens:

image.thumb.png.d24390e270b0c838095dd84e43c2408c.png

Not surprised one of them is a bot.聽

Aaaaand I feel dumb now.....
Anyway, thanks for the reply.