Worst feeling...

WorldDominator

So I had a simple paper due yesterday by 9PM. I finished it on Sunday and uploaded my file to the page with a comment asking the professor if he could open it (I used LibreOffice). Any-who, I was checking last night at midnight before bed to see if he commented on it saying if he could open it. I realized I had only uploaded it and not submitted. So a paper I finished two days in advance I may get no credit for because I submitted it 3 hours late...I emailed him and he has yet to get back to me, but my only proof is that comment I posted on it on Sunday. I hope he spares me. I'm a straight A student and I always get all my work done as soon as I can. I'm just so frustrated over this whole experience.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Pointless topic is pointless

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

it is at off-topic so it wont matter :)

Off topic partayyy *</:D

I am a happy wuffy

For some reason i find that cat verry cute instead of boring looking.

I am a happy wuffy

oh well that's your life ruined then, ;)

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I know this feel. It feels....

hey you accidentally have putted a don't on your signature

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

So I had a simple paper due yesterday by 9PM. I finished it on Sunday and uploaded my file to the page with a comment asking the professor if he could open it (I used LibreOffice). Any-who, I was checking last night at midnight before bed to see if he commented on it saying if he could open it. I realized I had only uploaded it and not submitted. So a paper I finished two days in advance I may get no credit for because I submitted it 3 hours late...I emailed him and he has yet to get back to me, but my only proof is that comment I posted on it on Sunday. I hope he spares me. I'm a straight A student and I always get all my work done as soon as I can. I'm just so frustrated over this whole experience.

Know the feeling. I recently finished my HND course and got a C. I would've gotten a B had I not handed it in late and I was very close to getting in A and would have been able to had I handed it in on time and got feedback to improve. Still, about to start the BSc. Maybe I can do a little better this year and get an A by handing my work in on time!

Better use MS Office next time... I gave up on using Libre Office for my uni work, way too much messing around with compatibility and formatting retention, especially with presentations. LO is nice and free, but MS office 2013 is fast, looks great, and you never have to worry about formatting issues. It's really not that expensive for the amount you use it, $99 (university price) includes a 4 year subscription with 2 licences. Like really, I use it every single day, it's perfectly justifiable. Unless you're running Linux full time... you can't be helped. Also gave up on that for uni work (and I do an IT course).

or you could.... 'obtain' it...

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Do not worry. My Great Texts class was fraught with such experiences. By all of my class mates. Twas sadly hilarious and morale breaking at the same time.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Know the feeling. I recently finished my HND course and got a C. I would've gotten a B had I not handed it in late and I was very close to getting in A and would have been able to had I handed it in on time and got feedback to improve. Still, about to start the BSc. Maybe I can do a little better this year and get an A by handing my work in on time!

Yeah but it's not like it wasn't done in time, it was done way ahead of time :/

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Better use MS Office next time... I gave up on using Libre Office for my uni work, way too much messing around with compatibility and formatting retention, especially with presentations. LO is nice and free, but MS office 2013 is fast, looks great, and you never have to worry about formatting issues. It's really not that expensive for the amount you use it, $99 (university price) includes a 4 year subscription with 2 licences. Like really, I use it every single day, it's perfectly justifiable. Unless you're running Linux full time... you can't be helped. Also gave up on that for uni work (and I do an IT course).

Nah I don't pirate. But the problem itself was not turning it in on time for not clicking a few buttons...

Nah I don't pirate. But the problem itself was not turning it in on time for not clicking a few buttons...

Libre Office is a waste of time because of the formatting issues. Collaboration work was a nightmare because all my stuff was formatted incorrectly when others opened it and formatting was completely lost in powerpoint. It just pissed me and others off. $99 is nothing for software you use every day to get real and important work done.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Libre Office is a waste of time because of the formatting issues. Collaboration work was a nightmare because all my stuff was formatted incorrectly when others opened it and formatting was completely lost in powerpoint. It just pissed me and others off. $99 is nothing for software you use every day to get real and important work done.

I rarely if ever have to use it. Computer science and Math major :P

I could have copy pasted the text I guess but where's the fun in that? I feel that most other papers will be paper copies though so it doesn't make a difference.

Better use LaTeX next time. Once I learned that I never opened word again.

Good to know! Now to hope you get top marks! Haha.

You're talking to a HS Salutatorian here  ;)

hey you accidentally have putted a don't on your signature

What are you going to do about it? Make their products, (Specifically Asus motherboards, MSI everything) better?