WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

Right now, I am running 2 WD blacks in raid 1. I used to use Seagate drives, however, they tended to fail right after the 3 year manufactures warranty was up (smh). Since then, I started using WD drives and they have yet to fail me. I run in raid 1 because I do not want to risk having my files lost, and I do not want to go through the hassle of re-installing everything if a drive fails.

I currently let my computer run 24/7 and I have not had any problems with that. However, if my drives start failing, I will probably switch to WD Reds since they are designed to run non stop, unlike my WD blacks.

60gb ocz vertex 2 as my boot drive because it was one of the cheaper ssds on the market at the time.

500gb wd scorpio black for general storage because I did a case mod for myself and couldn't fit a 3.5" drive.

1tb wd caviar black for steam so I can play whatever on any of the computers at home without needing to download again and again.

3tb wd mybook live for media storage because there are multiple devices (phone, tablet, 3 computers, ps3) that can all play music and videos from the drive.

I use a 128 gb ssd for a boot drive and small games, then a 1tb hard drive for mass storage such as games, books, movies, etc.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

I'm currently running a 256 gig Samsung 840 pro for fast boot and program times and a 4 TB WD black storage drive for my games, movies and my gigs upon gigs of FLAC music. I am currently working on creating a backup system for all my files and programs since as an engineering student I have a lot of digital drawings I can't afford to lose. 

I'm running a laptop with a 320 GB hard drive in it as well as an old desktop with 2 80 GB hard drives in it. No raid or anything but all 3 hard drives are packed full of stuff. I have to constantly make sure I have over 10 GB free on the laptop hard drive.

I'm running this mainly because I am 17 with no job and my hobby is so damned expensive.

Maxtor (i don't remember the model) IDE 160GB 5400rpm

Reason: don't think it's worth spending money on new one because: Asus M2N-MX ,Athlon 4000+ X2 X64, 2 gigs of ddr2 RAM single channel mode, palit geforce gt440 ddr5 1gb. But if i win one of the 8 HDD's that will really ease out my budget for my new system.

I use a 500GB Western Digital Blue, followed by a free Corsair 128GB SSD, I use this setup for the simple reasons of fast boot up speed, as well as storing my medium sized Steam and Origin game libraries. 

I'm currently using my laptops Toshiba 750GB hard drive and a small 60GB boot drive (for the amazing speeds :D). I do loads of gaming and videos so I'm kinda in need of some bigger HDD for when I build my PC soon :D! Oh and I have a 500GB external hard drive that stores backups for my precious games!

Twitter @samhawes79: https://twitter.com/SamHawes79/status/377897049737293824 and https://twitter.com/SamHawes79/status/377897831559725056

Tom's Hardware-Nickname: Slingy: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1798397/red-4tb-giveaway.html

I have a Maxtor 80 gb cause im stuck with a Pentium 4 desktop.... but soon i will buy a new pc and that 4tb red drive you are giving away will be a nice addition !!!

Facebook share (John Mousoulis) https://www.facebook.com/john.mousoulis

The desktop i have is actually a pentium 4 as well, I managed to salvage a second maxtor 80 GB from an identical computer my dad brought home for his work.

Hi Linus My name is Adam..

Well at the moment i am only using a seagate 500GB 7200rpm SATA II

Reason: simply because i just don't have enough money for my system..

P.S. Love your video's buddy Keep it up!

P.S. x2. You are a friend to me!

I'm running a 120GB SSD for my OS right now, a 2TB WD black edition for my most of my games, and a 3TB WD external Drive which i have running threw my network as a backup drive.

OCZ Vertex 4 128GB for OS / Games / Programs (have like a gig left of space which is BAD for the SSD)

2TB WD Caviar GREEN for Media (only 98GB left of storage :S)

1TB WD Caviar BLACK for backing up the most critical files (Family photos & Videos) 

Would be great if I could get my hands on some Caviar REDs and do a raid 1... Never having to worry about manually copying the most important files over every copy weeks... and have ALL my files safe :D

Check out my Rigs: Obi-Wan Shinobi & HTPC: The Dark Prodigy

I just built my new pc and in terms of storage it is currently running an intel 520 series 120gb SSD for boot. Love the speed of this drive. Boot takes less than 20 seconds and I have my Adobe sweet loaded on this as well. Opening every adobe program at once takes about 10 seconds to start up. Amazing.  I also have a 500gb HDD for my steam games (plan to upgrade this to a 1tb or 2tb drive later). The steam drive is a Western Digital Green that I took out of my Western Digital My Book Essentias external hard drive.  And last I have a 1TB HDD Seagate Baracuda for my main storage and other programs.  I had a 2TB Seagate Baracuda (from a seagate backup plus externall hdd) in its place before but it died on me.  I lost everything on the drive (I"m hoping to send it out for recovery eventually when I have the money for it). I had 5 yrs worth of photographs/video on that drive (roughly 50000 photos). I want to get a nas setup next to make sure that never happens again.  My next purchase right before it crashed was going to be to buy a new drive to back everything up too. 

I have a 500gb hard drive from an old computer for storage and a 128gb OCZ ssd for quick boot and games.

I have a 120GB force GT as a boot drive and all my programs just because of the speed and a 1TB seagate barracuda just because i wanted atleast 1TB and it was the cheapest the shop had. But because recently my mum and brother just got new PC's without much storage a NAS setup would be great because of the reliability as my mum does alot of buisness related stuff on her pc. 

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

I need the mass storage for all the games/videos and music I have, just like everyone else, so i hope i win.

I am currently building my pc but I chose a sea gate 1tb HD because I have never gone over on previous pcs and my main goal is to have a budget pc as my current in progress pc

I have a 250Gb WD HDD, a 250Gb Seagate HDD and a 500Gb WD My Book for external storage, I have this setup for years now because I would always cut the budget from a new storage solution to favor other components like CPU or a graphic card, Lets say today I know better, and I will try to buy a SSD.

twiter: https://twitter.com/mrbernabn

Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.8Ghz ◆ ASUS P7P55D--E ◆ Corsair XMS3 8Gb ◆ nVidia GeForce GTX 470 ◆ 1Tb WD BLACK HDD ◆ 250Gb Seagate HDD ◆ OCZ SS2 600W ◆ WD 500Gb MyBook ◆ Corsair Vengeance 1500

new setup coming soon

MacBook Pro 2011 ◆ Intel Core i7 @ 2.2GHz ◆ Corsair 8Gb ◆ Samsung 840 120GB SSD ◆ 750Gb HDD ◆ AMD Radeon HD 6750M

My current storage configuration is a Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD (boot drive, a few most used programs/drivers) and a WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD.  My friends all highly recommended me to get an SSD because it's much faster and I must agree after having used it for only 2 weeks so far.  I'm planning on getting another HDD later on once this one fills up from my Steam library.

I am using a 1TB 7200RPM Blue WD HDD. It has my OS, programs, and media in one partition, and my installed games in another partition. I've gone this route because it was cheap at the time and I haven't had money since (or at least not enough). So, needless to say, it's a risky setup in terms of having no backup..

I personally think I have the most unique storage configuration (but I'm probably wrong). For boot drives I run two Corsair Force 3 SSDs. One for Windows, and one for another OS (I think you can guess my other OS). For storage I actualy use a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1.5T 540RPM external drive. I have actually taken it out of its enclosure and put it in my system. I've partitioned it for 1TB and 500GBs. The 500 gig partition is for steam and origin games, and the 1TB partition is for my video library. 

Facebook - Chris Wong: https://www.facebook.com/chris.wong.9655/posts/446181882163468

Twitter @Chrispocalypse: https://twitter.com/Chrispocalypse/status/377899012998709248

Reddit - DrChrispocalypse: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/1m79oj/linustechtips_wd_givaway/

Hey Linus, I would need a WD Red 4TB for my computer because right now this is my build.

Intel core i3 2120

GTX 650 Super Clocked 

Windows 7 Home Premium

3 Gb of Ram

Western Digital Caviar 100 GB harddrive

No SSD because I didnt have any money left to buy one.

I need that WD Red 4TB hard drive because I try to record some games i play with my friends that run good.

Right now my hard drive is almost full with all of my games I downloaded and recorded.

If I get a WD Red 4TB hard drive i would be able to store more of my games on one of the hard drives, buy a SSD, more ram, or even a better graphics card with the money i could save from not buying a  new Hard Drive

Im currently using Barracuda 500 gb hard drive. I have old pc and never experienced ssd to be honest.