WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

I'm using two Seagate Barracudas 7200.10 250GB in RAID 0 for system and games because my sister's boyfriend recommended to do that for faster boot and overall operation. I also threw in Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB as a storage hard drive because it was cheap. As my external storage I'm using WD My Passport Essential 250GB which I got from my sister :) and Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB which I won in a contest :).

FB link (Łukasz Bratos): https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=507445805997735&id=100001969592052

Twitter link (@luk9400): https://twitter.com/luk9400/status/375247383136702464

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K GPU: AMD Radeon HD7870 RAM: Patriot Viper 8GB 1866MHz MOBO: ASUS Maximus VII Ranger HDD: Seagate 7200.10 2x250GB PSU: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P7 550W CASE: Antec P182

I currently am using a 60gb mushkin SSD for my system files along with a 2TB HDD where I am able to put my games, music, videos, applications, etc. 
I have a GTX 660ti which is perfect for gaming, along with 24 gb of RAM. When I upgraded my system I bought 16gb of RAM then remembered that I can use the old 8gb of RAM that I had as well. I decided to go a bit out of my price range and get a Cooler Master Storm Series Trooper case, which is AWESOME. 

Im running an OCZ 60Gb Agility 3 SSD, and 2 WD Caviar black 1TB HDDs.

I use the SSD as OS drive, and the 2 HHDs are for apps/games and audio/video production work respectively.

The SSD is a carry over from my last PC. I didnt have enough money to splurge on a 120/256GB model at the time so I just formatted the OS from the OCZ and plopped it into my new build.

I chose to split to the audio/video work on to a seperate drive because I can take this drive with me when I work in the field, and bring it back home and all the project assets are ready to use!

3770k, P8Z77 WS, GTX 970 SC, 16Gb Vengeance ddr3

I have a OCZ Vertex 3 120gb as my OS drive, because it seemed like the best price - performance ratio one at the time of buying. Then I also have a 1TB Samsung HDD and one 500gb Seagate HDD, both used for storing programs, steam, music and so forth, which I both got because they were on the cheaper end of drives.

Tweet for bonus entry!: https://twitter.com/Ar00h/status/375254387163029504 (@Ar00h)

I'm using an SSD 120GB 2.5" SATA3 MLC, Corsair Force 3 (for Windows and for faster loading of maps on Battlefield 3) and a HDD WD Green 1,5TB 64MB SATA 3 WD15EARX, but it's almost full.

Running 2x 128GB SSDs, 1x 3TB, 2x 2TB, 1x 1TB. This is a silly system.

It all started when I built the PC and 500GB HDDs were the norm. I had 3x in a RAID 5 array and this filled up quickly, I wanted RAID 5 as to me it had the best in terms of both price and backup capacity. Within about 6 months, I had to dismantle the array and bought the larger capacity drives as they became cheap, then they would fill up and I had to re-install one of the older, small capacity drives. A cycle which has continued over the years.

The first SSD is to run my OS and the second is for games. The games one is filling up quickly.

My ideal setup would be a 500GB SSD partitioned for OS and games, then a RAID 5 array of the largest capacity drives I can find.

My PC is very heavy these days. Added a photo of the silly amount of cables.

post-38720-0-82606000-1378303202.jpg

I run a 1TB harddrive and a 120GB SSD, because I can't afford much more right now.

3570k - Sabertooth Z77 - Geforce GTX 660 ti - Seagate Barracuda 1 TB - 16 Crusal Ram - CM Storm Trooper - Silver Power 850 M

I, infact have 2 setups, my desktop and my server/laptop thing (its on 24/7 so i call it a server)

i use my laptop as my server because it is low power, and does what i want it to do, which is stream movies to the TV's & Media devices in my house (iPads, laptops etc.)
my laptop has two 372GB Toshiba 5400RPM HDDs, as well as a 2TB Western digital Elements, it has 170GB or so free on it.

my desktop, i use it for games & movie encoding.

it has a 1TB Western digital black for its boot drive (because it is really cheap, great warranty and has a TON of storage & is really fast)

To record my gameplay to, i use a 1TB Western digital Blue, because it is really fast, and allows me to record gameplay with no lag @ 60 FPS

My 2TB WD Elements also houses my music, i have about 2000 songs so it is easy to be able to access them from anywhere in my house.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/fuckyeahmatt/status/375257555003379712 (@FuckYeahMatt)

My build: i5 3570k @ Stock // Arctic Freezer i30 CPU Cooler // 7970 3GB @ 1000MHz Core 1500Mhz Memory // 8GB RAM @ 1333MHz // WD Caviar Black 1TB // WD Caviar Blue 1TB // Corsair 300R

I'm running 2x Corsair Force 120gb's in RAID0 for my OS and the programs I use the most. I would rather have the speed of RAID0 than the safety of RAID1. Which is why I've relocated my documents and pictures to both a cloud based service and a NAS(for backup).

Then I have a RAID0 array of two Western Digital Black 1tb's. They're mostly used for the programs that I don't use too often and to record gameplay footage. The data they contain aren't important, so again I would rather have the speed of RAID0. However those two drive are a little too loud for my taste, so I would like to change for some 240gb+ SSD's in the future.

Then I have my NAS. It's currently running 3x Western Digital Green 2tb's and 1x Western Digital Red 2tb in RAID5. The reason why there's 3 greens I because I used to use them as secondary drives in my rig (before the Red disks was released.) So I'm slowly exchanging the Green drives for Reds whenever the Greens start failing. The array is running in a Netgear nv+ v2, which is very slow unit. It's barely 10mbps write and 70mbps read. So currently I'm in the process of planning a mini-itx server build, where I would like to have 4-5 4tb Western Digital Red Drives in RAID5. But ít's in the early stages, might end up just giving it to my younger sister. :)

Im running WD Red 3Tb as storage HDD, because it was relatively cheap (on sale) 100€. Then I have old WD Green 500Gb as another storage. I broke old external HDD i got, and put the hdd in new use. Then i have WD Blue 250GB for OS, and few programs from my old server. Just needed new HDD fast at that time, and it was big enough (quite small now).

Link on twitter @minapamina https://twitter.com/minapamina/statuses/375261287879409664

I am running:

• Hitachi 128GB SSD mSATA drive for the operating system and programs because it's fast and I can still run a second hard drive for storage.
  • Seagate 1GB disk drive basically because it has enough space for what I need it for.
  • 2 WD MyPassport 2TB because they have a decent amount of space, have USB 3.0 and don't need a power cable.

I have a WD Caviar Green 500GB and the reason I'm using it is because at the time I needed 500GB hard drive and the WD green was the cheapest and it's the only drive in the computer so yeah I desperately need more storage.

twiiter: https://twitter.com/afterburner92/status/375264506592501762 (@afterburner92)

CASE: Thermaltake Commander MS-I | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16 GHz @ stock cooler | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte P31-ES3G | GPU: Gigabyte Amd Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 | PSU: Blueberry 550W | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 500 GB

I currently have a Samsung 840 with my OS and most used games. I chose it because it has the best price/capacity. In addition to that I have a Seagate Barracuda for the mass storage of my ever growing library of music, photos, as well as cat gifs. Also had the best €/GB. I try to produce a bit of redundancy by regularly copying important stuff to both my laptop and a 750GB HDD that I scavenged from a mac and put into a external USB enclosure. I use this because did not cost anything. My laptop has a 1TB Seagate SSHD, taht I got from my dad after Seagate sent it as a replacement for a broken HDD that my dad had already bought a replacement for. My dad has a 4bay rack mount synology NAS populated with one[sic!] drive. I put my stuff on there occasionally.
TL;DR: SSD, Barracuda, ghetto redundancy. Also stuff was cheap.

Twitter: @UselessBread https://twitter.com/UselessBread/status/375263693052727296

I am running a desktop with a 128GB OCZ agility 3 for my OS and a few games that I frequent, I also enjoy the speed increase in booting up programs like visual studio. I also run a 1TB Seagate barracuda, I use this drive to store the rest of my games, movies, music, and some other large programs that I don't want cluttering up my SSD.

twitter : https://twitter.com/BasedPC/status/375268885823381504 (@basedPC)

Currently im running a random old 250gb drive for boot and the cheapest 1tb drive for storage that i could find when i brought it. I have no space left anywhere and the only backups I have is free cloud storage space where i put photos. But now thats full as well. Also I just got a DSLR and obviously file sizes are much bigger then my phone and every time i use it i end up with around 5gb's of stuff and no where to put it. Oh and both drives are really slow and it takes a good 5 mins for my computer to boot and become usable. This sucks...

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Izaakb95/status/375271402619666432 (@Izaakb95)

I am not running RAID at the moment as I'm ony running two WD Blue HDrives 160GB and a small 80GB;  but I did look into the subject to see what RAID was and what was it's purpose a  year back.   A great and safe way to back up and protect your DATA.  If I was to have a NAS box I would definately run the set up.  No one wants to loose precious DATA.

I think if I was running a decent gaming PC I would love to run a raid config. just for easy and quick transfer of data.  It's funny that this is being brought up this past week as I've recently had the SMART Short Test Failure a few days back on my main HD :(    My heart dropped and I spent the next 40 minutes backing up all Data, photos, games..etc.   I was thankful for the 2nd HD that's for sure.

I for one would love to have a NAS Units with 4 drives.. I could save my life on that thing.  Good luck guys and thank you Linus for a chance at a great prize, sir.

https://twitter.com/alsoknownasox/status/375269065771606016

https://www.facebook.com/SteveAKAox

http://forums.pureoverclock.com/general-hardware/22158-nas-giveaway-linustechtips.html#post174058

I have a Samsung 840 series SSD (250gb). It's definitely enough space for my programs and documents, but I do use fraps and record frequently so those 250 gigabytes of space disappear very quickly. An extra drive would be amazing, but I think 4 Terabytes in raid 1 might be overkill.

I am running a 120gb OCZ Vertex 4, for boot and productivity programs, also have a 3tb seagate barrcadu for storage

I run my setup with a ssd for pure boot speeds with a tb harddrive for all my games.

I am a happy wuffy

I have a 120Gb Samsung SSD and and a WD 160Gb 2,5" HDD out of and old laptop, I use my Hdd for my documents, foto's,.. Whjile I use my SSD for my OS + Games.

https://twitter.com/Gilles_Ba Twitter

"It's like all common sense just goes out of the window when a computer is involved."

I am running a Synology NAS for sharing my music, movies and software for myself and my family and friends. I like it that the NAS is always available with all the stuff that I need. Currently running two WD Green drives in my NAS and they perform flawlessly for three years.

I have a 250GB 840 EVO SSD and a 3TB seagate mass storage drive. I need that SSD speed for all my programs and the HDD for all my movies! It was LinusTechTips that really made me look at the 840 EVO. This thing is beast!

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Current storage setup:

- 120GB Mushkin Chronos SSD

- 3TB Seagate Barracuda

- 1TB WD Black in a D-Link 1 bay NAS

- Have just ordered a 240GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD to replace the Mushkin (which will go in mum's laptop)

I have the SSD because SSD. The 3TB Barracuda is partitioned into Programs (500GB), Docs (500GB), Media (500GB), Software (500GB) and Media Creation (1TB). I need this much space because I edit audio and video, and also do amateur photography.

The NAS has all my films on so I can watch them over DLNA, and also has backups of my work and photos so I don't lose them all if the drive fails.

I'd love these WD Red drives, as it would mean I could take the 3TB Barracuda out of my rig, shove it in a USB enclosure, then just have all my stuff on the NAS.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/0special_/status/375280559540301824 (@0special_)