great depression incoming or nah ? (canada)

Midnitewarrior4

well boys and girls of Canada our dollar is at its lowest point in over 10 years and its aint stopping, oil just dropped, sure thast means good gas prices for the people up north such as my self, but for people in alberta and the oil feilds it now means your probably gonna be without a job soon if you arent already.... now put on your tinfoil hats and discuss what you think will happen to our dollar ? and im not talking pure politics here just to get that straight

personally i think its gonna keep dropping until great depression sized recession, then eventually come up, but not before alot has changed

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=CAD&to=USD&view=5Y

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Canada is far too big to worry about it.

And still not as bad as Russia.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=RUB&to=USD&view=5Y

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

If you're dependent on exports to countries manufacturing oil, or are yourself manufacturing oil, you're fucked.

If not, you're only kinda fucked because this is a global economy and you're still connected to those countries no matter how indirectly.

Honestly, I'd be more concerned with China's financial difficulties than Saudi Arabia's.

its still a big change from going from 1.05 in 2011 to 0.68 today..

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

This isn't technically true

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=CAD&to=EUR&view=10Y

It's all about the comparison currency.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

If you're dependent on exports to countries manufacturing oil, or are yourself manufacturing oil, you're fucked.

If not, you're only kinda fucked because this is a global economy and you're still connected to those countries no matter how indirectly.

Honestly, I'd be more concerned with China's financial difficulties than Saudi Arabia's.

well thats what im saying for some parts of canada that rely on oil such as alberta

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

Yeah, I looked up the dollar to rupee graph today and was surprised.

Sig under construction.

Saudi arabia is fucking itself over right now with the privatization

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Look at Euro. 

USD just increased in power.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Look at Euro. 

USD just increased in power.

even in euro its going down, compared to almost all currencies ive seen so far its been on a decline, and most of canada`s relations are with the usa

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

even in euro its going down, compared to almost all currencies ive seen so far its been on a decline, and most of canada`s relations are with the usa

No. 

EUR/CAD/AUD are all basically the same as always if you compare them. USD just rose up. 

The only currency that completely tanked was Russian Ruble. Russia's GDP fell like 50%.

Spoiler

Living in Alberta I am witnessing first hand the effects.

Layoffs everywhere and everyone is downsizing.

People are selling their home everyone.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

No. 

EUR/CAD/AUD are all basically the same as always if you compare them. USD just rose up. 

The only currency that completely tanked was Russian Ruble. Russia's GDP fell like 50%.

definetly staying stable..... http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=CAD&to=EUR&view=1M

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

Yeah, but that's like nothing. After all oil prices really did fall a ton.

Spoiler

exactly what im trying to point out, it sucks, and oil is down so low, my town literally relies on mining, and their starting to stock pile which is not good.... basically what happened with oil, my fear is mining is the next to go

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=RUB&to=USD&view=5Y

Could you explain what the graph means now? A RUB is worth MORE over time?

I just switched the currencies.

Dy0aXYB.png

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64

It says you can buy 75+ rubles for one dollar. It's worth less and less.

Spoiler

thats saying how many rub for 1 usd, but if you did it reverse in would be the oposite

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

It sucks eh :(

exactly what im trying to point out, it sucks, and oil is down so low, my town literally relies on mining, and their starting to stock pile which is not good.... basically what happened with oil, my fear is mining is the next to go

relax. Like I said, Canada is far too big and stable of a country to go into depression.

Just make weed legal, you will survive on tourists alone.

Spoiler

happened here a couple years back when the miners went on strike, everything was getting sold

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

My "boss" is selling his house so he can be "mobile"

relax. Like I said, Canada is far too big and stable of a country to go into depression.

Just make weed legal, you will survive on tourists alone.

xD i think it would be best just for them to visit the usa, there prices would be lower due to the dollar :/

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

My "boss" is selling his house so he can be "mobile"

yup.... do you happen to work for an oil related business or are you one of the "lucky few" i really hate to say that but i guess having a job is better then working in the oil feilds and knowing that any minute your boss can call you into their office and send you home...

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

xD i think it would be best just for them to visit the usa, there prices would be lower due to the dollar :/

what? no lol. Your prices will be lower for tourists because your currency is weak. USD is the most expensive currency at the moment. 

Norway has it right.  They get their own oil from the North sea.

Norway has the largest wealth fund on the planet and they aren't actually even selling oil at the moment, just not worth it at this price. 

https://www.aei.org/publication/norways-oil-fund-more-than-just-a-piggy-bank/

They basically have so much money they don't give a single fuck what's happening on this planet anymore. 

At least for couple of generations. 

Spoiler