Girl asked to leave a store for being too fat.

Saw this on Australian TV news this morning when getting ready for work. I had to share.

135263-teen-was-039-too-fat-to-shop-at-s

Shelby Buster was outraged after the store told her she was too big to shop there. Picture: KEZI NEWS

A TEEN got a rude surprise when she went into a store to spend her birthday money only to be told by staff she was too fat to shop there.

Shelby Buster went to the Rue 21 clothing store in Eugene, Oregon, with her friends.

“I walked in and the lady at the front counter said hey you’re too big to be in this store, I need you to leave,” Miss Buster told local TV station KEZI 9 News.

Upset by the encounter she told her mum, who was waiting for her in a nearby food court.

Her mum approached the store about the incident who said they were examining video footage from the time to try to figure out what happened, the TV station said.

Miss Buster said: “Seriously that’s disrespectful and rude. Just because I’m bigger than you guys are, I’m not a 14 or smaller. It makes no sense why they would do that.”

Source: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/shelby-buster-was-told-she-too-fat-to-shop-at-clothes-store/story-fndir2ev-1226710133094

To be really honest my immediate reaction was to laugh. But really I can't imagine how that girl must feel. Thoughts?

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Well the employee who said should get some sort of punishment in my opinion. It was harsh of them to say that. If someone wants to shop there they should be allowed to shop there.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

She must have felt like shit

Those kind of people need to pay

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

It's wrong. I don't care what you think of fat people. They could have asked her what seize she was looking for, then told her that they didn't carry anything in her size.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Maybe they employee was just informing her that nothing in the store would fit her?

"You need to leave." Doesn't sound like it.

"You need to leave." Doesn't sound like it.

Well, if the store's busy and they need room for shoppers that can actually buy things there, the store's position would be understandable.

"Upset by the encounter she told her mum, who was waiting for her in a nearby food court."

oh god I lol'd at that part.

like audibly

its the first time in a while 'lol' actually meant something

Error: 410

doesnt anyone punch ppl in the face anymore? someone said something mean cry me a river.

doesnt anyone punch ppl in the face anymore? someone said something mean cry me a river.

it's completely different, do you understand that as a business establishment that it's actually illegal in areas to do this?

A store employee won't say that without a reason , probably the manager told them to say that

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

it's completely different, do you understand that as a business establishment that it's actually illegal in areas to do this?

Business establishment? I think he meant for the fat girl to punch the shop owner, not the other way around. Lol imagine if the shop owner had topped this off with a punch in the girls face for being fat.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

I think you are missing my point...legal or not if you want to say something like that to me out of the blue I am going to react out of the blue.

Business establishment? I think he meant for the fat girl to punch the shop owner, not the other way around. Lol imagine if the shop owner had topped this off with a punch in the girls face for being fat.

no, as in to deny her of service because of her being overweight

oh man that made me laugh. 

Yes, the employee should go through disciplinary procedures and the shop should apologise, but it's not really discrimination.

Ricky Gervais explains it best here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4YZiKbklAE

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

My sister used to work at a Hollister and they had to be all natural like no make up and not fix up your hair

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

serves her right for being so greedy and lazy and getting so fat...

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

A store employee won't say that without a reason , probably the manager told them to say that

Most definitely.

reminds me of this ordeal that didn't happen too long ago

All I remember of that guy was one video where he said it was not okay to joke about someone committing suicide under any circumstances, and then in another video, saying that a guy should commit suicide for not wanting to pay his child support. He's not exactly someone whose opinion I would really respect after that.

Yes, the employee should go through disciplinary procedures and the shop should apologise, but it's not really discrimination.

Ricky Gervais explains it best here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4YZiKbklAE

I agree with Ricky, they should have just made their door smaller if they don't want fat people coming through it.

Nope, because only a few people think that it's still acceptable to react to such a situation with violence. I do think that the employee should be punished for saying what she did (If it was unprovoked) though.

serves her right for being so greedy and lazy and getting so fat...

It's unfair to just assume that's the reason she got fat. I'm not saying that it didn't happen that way, but some people get fat because they use eating as a way of coping with depression.