unreliable guns

player285

British SA80-A2.. always jamming.

It is?  The original was a heap of... but since Heckler and Koch got there hands on it it is said to be much better.  Never used the 'new' version so not really au fait with it.  My own issued ones were  original but faffed about with ones (new mag release cover etc) and were OK in use , as we were engineers rifles were pretty much embuggerances but we had to have them. Would have been better with shorts(pistols) or carbines but as the SA80 is a bullpup anyway a carbine wouldn't have been much shorter.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Fucking nerf guns man jam every time

I thought of this because i live in singapore and my father was telling me about his time in national service for army, and how the m16 was always jamming...

But that was in like the 1990s

Apparently American marines hated the M16 when it was first introduced but once cleaning in a particular way was emphasised in training they became seen as much better

"This too shall pass"

L86?

those PVC-pipe shotgun things...

and the 1st gen M16...

Only problems I've had with the L85 were magazine related, ie. It was the shite magazines we were issued/ some fucknugget didn't fill them properly.

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

Apparently American marines hated the M16 when it was first introduced but once cleaning in a particular way was emphasised in training they became seen as much better

Alot of that came down to cost saving things they did in the production of the rifle and ammo that basically led to their original problems combined with not showing troops how to clean them, not providing them with cleaning kits, and misinformation about them being self cleaning probably as a result of not knowing how to take care of them.

They say this was pretty crap.

British-Production-STEN-MkII.jpg

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I've never had any reliability issues with any of my guns minus the slide occasionally not locking back on the last round. Did have some issues with the trigger on my Sig P226 sticking and not resetting properly, but that turned out to be the grip pushing on the trigger spring.

Any gun is going to have reliability issues if you don't maintain it properly (yes, even Glocks).

Weren't Stens made very cheaply anyway? The manufacturing was very simple and cheap, and despite the simplicity, one shouldn't expect reliability for a very low price.

I've never had any reliability issues with any of my guns minus the slide occasionally not locking back on the last round. Did have some issues with the trigger on my Sig P226 sticking and not resetting properly, but that turned out to be the grip pushing on the trigger spring.

Any gun is going to have reliability issues if you don't maintain it properly (yes, even Glocks).

^This. Every weapon ever, be it a firearm or not, requires necessary maintenance every now and then. While for example (well made) AK's are very reliable and can be used even after harsh treatment without maintaining it, doesn't necessarily mean one should do that.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Weren't Stens made very cheaply anyway? The manufacturing was very simple and cheap, and despite the simplicity, one shouldn't expect reliability for a very low price.

^This. Every weapon ever, be it a firearm or not, requires necessary maintenance every now and then. While for example (well made) AK's are very reliable and can be used even after harsh treatment without maintaining it, doesn't necessarily mean one should do that.

Hey, no one ever mentioned value here anyway. But you're right, it was good for what it was. Still, given a choice, those resistance fighters would pick something better if they could.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

It is?  The original was a heap of... but since Heckler and Koch got there hands on it it is said to be much better.  Never used the 'new' version so not really au fait with it.  My own issued ones were  original but faffed about with ones (new mag release cover etc) and were OK in use , as we were engineers rifles were pretty much embuggerances but we had to have them. Would have been better with shorts(pistols) or carbines but as the SA80 is a bullpup anyway a carbine wouldn't have been much shorter.

Yeah i'm ex forces myself, the A2 is better but still not that reliable, requires loads of cleaning too.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Hey, no one ever mentioned value here anyway. But you're right, it was good for what it was. Still, given a choice, those resistance fighters would pick something better if they could.

US Rangers used Stens in Vietnam. Properly built, it was a good weapon. The problem was with manufacturing. It was sourced from so many different manufacturers and always built on a shoestring budget, so sometimes it just wasn't properly made.

Still, given a choice, those resistance fighters would pick something better if they could.

Would they?  Apparently they liked the Sten as it was very thin and easy to hide.  The British Government could afford to build and drop lots of these as opposed to a few, say Lee Enfields.

Only Sten I have ever used was called a demolition gun and worked like a powerful nail gun in that it could fire fixings into concrete, steel beams that sort of thing to hold explosives etc for demolition work.

"This too shall pass"

afaik the stens were designed to take MP40 mags... and from that one documentary that I watched, this caused problems...

The idea isn't that horrible to be honest since getting ammo to your spec-ops troops behind enemy lines is a pain in the ass... much better to source it from your enemies...

afaik the stens were designed to take MP40 mags... and from that one documentary that I watched, this caused problems...

The idea isn't that horrible to be honest since getting ammo to your spec-ops troops behind enemy lines is a pain in the ass... much better to source it from your enemies...

it's not a bad idea but once it's known it I would assume they would start planting rigged mags and ammo

it's not a bad idea but once it's known it I would assume they would start planting rigged mags and ammo

Thats why you would take them from people you had killed, that they had been using, not ones 'lying about'.

"This too shall pass"

Thats why you would take them from people you had killed, that they had been using, not ones 'lying about'.

well then the only safe ones would be in their guns because if it was on their person there is no guarantee it's safe

well then the only safe ones would be in their guns because if it was on their person there is no guarantee it's safe

No guarantees no, but in all probability...

Would you go into battle carrying the weight (not that easy when you have to carry the stuff whilst running,climbing over fences etc etc whilst possibly Vtired) of rigged mags on the off-chance that you will be killed and your body looted, or would you just rather carry actual mags so the other person(s) died ?  Remember in the heat of battle it is hard to remember things like ,say, mags on the left good mags on the right bad

"This too shall pass"

When i shot my M16 (a1) it ran like shit, and i cleaned it once or twice a day. 

:/

Reliability will usually depend more on ammunition than the gun firing it. For that reason, I'd ray rimfire semi-autos would be the least reliable.

Glocks may have a reputation for being mostly reliable, but they still have their hiccups. Susceptibility to malfunction while limp-wristing, poorly supported chambers in certain calibers, and ejection issues come to mind.

• 4 years later...
On 1/14/2016 at 12:50 PM, whitephoenix said:

Fucking nerf guns man jam every time

not muzzle loaded ones the only problem I had with my modded bigshock was when I put a wood screw that the head was not wide and it broke the plunger head.

This was because I thought a wood screw would work but a wide head screw works better so it can transfer the spring load more evenly on the plunger.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

7 minutes ago, sub68 said:

not muzzle loaded ones the only problem I had with my modded bigshock was when I put a wood screw that the head was not wide and it broke the plunger head.

This was because I thought a wood screw would work but a wide head screw works better so it can transfer the spring load more evenly on the plunger.

G88wP.png

This thread's 4 and a half years old. Why revive it?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

G88wP.png

This thread's 4 and a half years old. Why revive it?

IDK

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I think the reward would go to this thing.....

Or this.....🤦‍♂️

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel