Exhaust fan not turning off when PC is turned off :/

Hey everyone,

As you can see by the title i have a rear exhaust case fan that won't switch off unless i turn my PC off with the switch on the psu... I'm not sure how long this has been happening although I'm pretty sure it's since I put my NZXT Hue+ kit into my pc... 

Any suggestions or idea's would be greatly appreciated as i have no idea what is going on...

Cheers,
Hodge

You probably plugged the fan into the power supply molex connectors

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

Well you might want to check where the fan is plugeed in because that will tell you what's wrong.

You probably plugged the fan into the power supply molex connectors

The fan is plugged into a normal fan header. It has been there since i first built my system and have never had an issue until installing my NZXT kraken hue+. I did not touch the fan during this time which is why I'm so confused by what could be causing it...

Have you checked if there are any options in your bios responsible for power management? I'm pretty sure there are options for keeping different sections of the motherboard powered up even after turning the computer off. Maybe some of these settings got changed by the hue+.

Also I believe some boards have the option to keep the fans spinning for some time after the computer has been shut down. This is co cool down the cpu faser.

Good luck with finding the solution,

cheers