Gaming Mic for a Laptop?

NoLoMo

I'm new to the community so I'm hoping I'm posting this in the right place. I have been using a laptop for gaming, my only issue being is that for a mic I have been using the built in mic. Since I have ATH-MX 50 I thought could purchase an Antlion 4.0 mic and clip it on, only problem being I only have a headphone jack. I was wondering if anyone knows of a aftermarket solution like a mic port to USB or knows of a better solution to my problem. I have earbuds which have a built in mic but my computer is not recognizing it as a mic, not sure if I have to configure something in order to change that. The laptop is a Acer Aspire V5-573PG-9610

Your jack might be a crossover, meaning you can get a stereo and mic splitter cable to plug in a microphone, if not, you can get a cheap USB soundcard that you should be able to plug a microphone into you.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Your jack might be a crossover, meaning you can get a stereo and mic splitter cable to plug in a microphone, if not, you can get a cheap USB soundcard that you should be able to plug a microphone into you.

^

If you have a phone that came with headphones with a single port that also has a mic, you can use them to test whether or not it is a combo port.

Or alternatively you could tell us the model of the laptop and we could look at it for you. Edit: Oh you did do that haha. best to go for the usb option then.

^

If you have a phone that came with headphones with a single port that also has a mic, you can use them to test whether or not it is a combo port.

Or alternatively you could tell us the model of the laptop and we could look at it for you. Edit: Oh you did do that haha. best to go for the usb option then.

I updated my post, thank you very much for the help

I updated my post, thank you very much for the help

I checked a few sites with spec listings and most were pretty vague, though the amazon listing for the laptop lists the spec "Audio out ports x 1" leading me to believe it isn't actually a combo port which is fairly odd.

Anyway, because of this you will want to get the usb version of the splitter.

I checked a few sites with spec listings and most were pretty vague, though the amazon listing for the laptop lists the spec "Audio out ports x 1" leading me to believe it isn't actually a combo port which is fairly odd.

Anyway, because of this you will want to get the usb version of the splitter.

Oh ok, thank you very much