Trying to find a mechanical keyboard under £80

Fulgrim

I'm in dire need of a new keyboard, as my current Microsoft Sidewinder X4 is rather worn, and i really want a mechanical one. So far, i've found two keyboards i'm trying to decide between.

#1 Cooler Master Quickfire TK Brown

cm_storm_quickfire_tk_03.jpg

#2 Tesoro Excalibur Spectrum

1425410116-md-spectrum_sm.jpg

I'm struggling to decide between these 2, as i really want the RGB, although the white of the Quickfire TK is acceptable. Out of these two, which would you recommend i go for? (don't just blindly vote the Quickfire, due to the Cherry MX keys) And are there any other suggestions you guys can put forth? There's a few requirements i have - 

• MUST be QWERTY (UK) layout
  • Must have LED's, either White / RGB
  • Switches mush be Browns (no preference between Kailh/Cherry MX)
  • Must be £80 or under

Please state below the reason for your vote.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Personally I think RGB is overrated, and since Cherry MX is the arguably much more reputable brand, I'd say go with the Quickfire TK.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Personally I think RGB is overrated, and since Cherry MX is the arguably much more reputable brand, I'd say go with the Quickfire TK.

After having a K70 RGB I kind of agree. I now have the Quickfire Rapid and I love it. Even though they are the same switches it feels so much different. I don't really need the backlighting, but I kind of do like it when it's late at night when I need to look down to see where my hands are. I can see the keys and writing. I also like the shorter style. Without the num pad it's a nice size, but kind of hard to get used to not having it.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

A friend had the rapidfire and the leds started shutting off one by one he rma'd it 2 times same thing, so i would not recommend that one.

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

After considering my options, I'm thinking that the QuickFire TK is going to be my next keyboard. It's got backlighting, mediakeys, a numpad and a standard ISO Enter key.

Gotta say I love the layout, what with fixing the shitty arrow keys on the Numpad (wtf 8462?) and removing the excess keys the get the same width as a TKL while having a Numpad. Not to mention moving the media keys away from the F1-F4 cluster; I have accidentally hit Alt-F4 a few times when trying to pause music on my SteelSeries 6Gv2.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.