Polaroid Snap & Power Android Smart Phones (yes you read that right)

Agent181

Source | Source 2 

Polaroid, popular for its camera products has introduced Snap and Power, two new Android smartphones at the CES 2016. Both these smartphones run on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), which is upgradable to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), 13-megapixel rear camera and have 4G LTE support. The Polaroid Snap comes in 5-inch, 5.5-inch and 6-inch HD screens and the Polaroid Power comes with a 6-inch 1080p display. These are designed and manufactured by Southern Telecom, an authorized Polaroid licensee.

polaroid-2016-phone-snap.jpg

Polaroid-Snap1.jpg

Polaroid Snap specifications

-5-inch, 5.5-inch, 6-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
-Quad-Core processor
-1GB RAM with 8GB storage / 2GB RAM with 16GB storage, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
-Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), upgradable to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
-13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash
-5MP front-facing camera with LED flash
-4G LTE, WiFi b/g/n Bluetooth 4.0, GPS

Polaroid Power specifications

-6-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display
-Octa-Core 64-bit processor
-3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
-Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), upgradable to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
-13MP rear camera with LED Flash
-8MP front-facing camera
-4G LTE, WiFi b/g/n Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
-3000mAh battery

The Polaroid Snap comes in pink, blue, black and white colors, is priced between $129.99 (Rs. 8700 approx.) and $179.99 (Rs. 12045 approx.) and will be available through EVINE Live in February. The Polaroid Power comes in platinum color, is priced at $249.99 (Rs. 16730 approx.) and will be available in Spring 2016.

As you can guess, this is the more powerful version. It has a 6-inch, 1080p, IPS panel, which is backed by an eight-core, 64-bit processor. It has 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage, which makes it much more interesting. The front (now 8MP) camera seems to have lost its flash, but the rear (13MP) one still has one. Again, it ships with Android 5.1.1 but definitely can be upgraded to Android 6.0. All of that hits a $250 price point.

All phones have a 3000 mAh battery, but they come with an 8000 mAh external booster.

Holy crap this is super good especially the power at $250  :o

*cuddles Moto X*

Its okay sweet prince, I won't let you die yet

rip $100/month 

wish my dad could have waited till this came out 

*cuddles Moto X*

Its okay sweet prince, I won't let you die yet

rip $100/month 

wish my dad could have waited till this came out 

We all wish a lot of things. Wish my mother would move to AT&T so I can get a Lumia 950/xl

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Polaroid has been getting bigger here...

Their offerings are a bit generic...

The Polaroid Power tho... 3000mAh is nice to have...

6" really... why are phones getting so big, my daily driver is a 5" and it's as large of a phone as I can comfortably hold due to the physical limitations of my hand.

"Rawr XD"

I'll stick to my OPO.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

When you think about it, 3000 mAh for 6" isn't all that great, especially for how relatively thick the phone appears from the photos. The Nexus 6P is pretty darn thin yet packs a 3450 mAh battery in a 5.7" screen size. But I suppose that's what the 8000 mAh battery they include with the phone is all about.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Especially on an OS that isn't android 5.0 where the battery is eaten alive by android..... (C'mon ASUS, give us zenfone 2 owners android 6.0 already... -_-)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

What's with no smartphones coming with 4G+? It's available where I live for 5 months now.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

• 2 years later...

At the risk of necro this thread but I doubt I'm gonna find anything on this....how do you update to marshmellow from lolipop 5.1? I have a snap but there's no apparent update for it... when I try it just says "Device's software is up to date" Though there is a local update options but I'm afraid of bricking the phone if I get the wrong files for it, If anyone truly knows I'd appreciate it This is my 2nd ever phone so I don't have much knowledge in this stuff and google isn't helping much. 

I thought this is a phone with built in instax like function but I was wrong. 

E4943D3E-C498-4109-B992-B1A189090B43.jpeg.b53c0f0b8384a752b0d70b14a0f9758c.jpeg

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, TankAndSpank said:

At the risk of necro this thread but I doubt I'm gonna find anything on this....how do you update to marshmellow from lolipop 5.1? I have a snap but there's no apparent update for it... when I try it just says "Device's software is up to date" Though there is a local update options but I'm afraid of bricking the phone if I get the wrong files for it, If anyone truly knows I'd appreciate it This is my 2nd ever phone so I don't have much knowledge in this stuff and google isn't helping much. 

the risk was too high.  Please start a new thread, it is better for organization and more likely someone will see it.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.