Will retailer or company covered my fried pc component?

Mrtrickzter

I've been wondering, If I fried any of my pc parts (GPU, CPU, Motherboard) will warranty covered it? thank you for letting me know.

usually yes if you say it filed or just stopped working

obviously if you tell them you overclocked it with 1.5v and put the fan to minimum they wont let you RMA

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

depends on the retailer and how it was fried.

if your mobo is fried because you obviously wired it straight into the 400 volts of an insutrial power plug i dont think anyone will cover that.

cpu socket damage tends to be very iffy on rma as well.

but if you plug in a new part, and a cap just pops off once you turn it on, you have a pretty good chance of the retailer saying "yeah, this is a doa"

depends on if you did anything to void the warranty which you can read all about in your warranty details. Sure you can lie about it but it's pretty easy to find out in most cases how you messed up a part.

depends on if you did anything to void the warranty which you can read all about in your warranty details. Sure you can lie about it but it's pretty easy to find out in most cases how you messed up a part.

i've actually had some good luck here.

the store i got my UPS at offers two months of in-store warranty on UPSes, after that its the brand warranty, and shipping to germany.

now, 4 months in my ups battery cut out, on the first time i need it. i decided to take it in to the store, and the custommer service guy talked to his superior, returning with a brand new UPS, thats been doing just fine over the past 4-5 power outages. (my parents can operate powertools, it tends to happen...)

Unless you fry a CPU and it doesn't smell any different to one that isn't fried.....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

BTW, this makes me wonder if undervolting a CPU voids its warranty-my i5 4440 died when I was trying to run it at the lowest possible voltage.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Thats what warranty is for, unless you do something to jeopardise it or break it on purpose 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii