iPhone 7 Leaks 'Confirm' Apple Abandoning Headphone Jack

Section35

Wow that is retarded. Some people kinda listen to music while the damned thing is on a charger, and I bet it will have an asston of adapters just like the MacBook.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

it all depends on how they handle earphones moving forward.....if they include a free adapter or, as i have heard, free bluetooth headphones then its not so bad.....but again this has been flying around for ages.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

As long as I can answer calls with this and check my emails still I am fine. 

I mean there is always blue tooth cause I hate wires. 

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I never mentioned specs so I don't know why you would think I meant specs. Yeah, it totally bends like really since when does aluminium bends when you apply a lot of force to it ? jokes aside in normal use you will never apply that much force to the phone and if you're that worried the 6s has the 7000 series aluminium so you can apply even more force before it bends ( no idea why you would do that tho). Yeah the camera pump is stupid I agree with that and no it won't break it's made of sapphire so it's fine.. The battery it depends on your usage and it has only about 3-3.5 hours on screen time so yeah that sucks. And I totally disagree, I've yet to meet a person who says the iPhone 4 design is better than the iPhone 6, and from my limited use the iPhone 6 design just looks better and feel more comfortable for me.

Well i assumed you meant spec when you said "the 6 is better then it" as for the bend, well if it wasn't that much of an issue why did they redesign it with the 7000 ALU case ? The entire camer isnt made out of sapphire, only the lens glass, that makes it scratch resistant, but still breakable. 

Just shut up about this whole overblown bending thing. The 6P bends like aluminium foil yet no one seems to care and nor should people. Most phones at the time including S4 and a couple others were also prone to bending. Again it was a very minor problem and no one should give a damn about it unless it happens to you.

And anyways they didn't have to redesign, rather just move a screw position and tweak the metal concentrations. So that whole overblown chapter is over

Second the 6S has similar battery to all previous iPhones if not better and has similar battery to all normal sized flagships phones while 6S has pretty amazing battery life. So rather than acting like dumb and complaining only about apple you should rather complain about the whole industry or not mention it

Hypocrisy at its finest 

Speak for yourself, MR ignorant, if it wasn't an issue or a need to do a redesign why did they? thats a lot of money they throw out just for a hoax that not even 1% of the users had issues with. No it was an issue that they needed to fix for a long time and they addressed it with a better Body and hopefully this Pancake of a Phone will also posses a stronger body.

HA! move a few screws? Do you think you´re better than the RnD team or something? If that was all it took they would have done that, they would have saved money on it too, but they didnt because OBVIOUSLY it wasn't a good solution.

And No, the S6 did not have similar battery life to other flagships, its once again among the worse on the market. 

Why should i complain about the whole industry when we are talking about Iphones ? 

As long as I can answer calls with this and check my emails still I am fine. 

I mean there is always blue tooth cause I hate wires. 

True, but if thats all you need there is no point getting a new phone right? especially at that price range :P

Well i assumed you meant spec when you said "the 6 is better then it" as for the bend, well if it wasn't that much of an issue why did they redesign it with the 7000 ALU case ? The entire camer isnt made out of sapphire, only the lens glass, that makes it scratch resistant, but still breakable.

Speak for yourself, MR ignorant, if it wasn't an issue or a need to do a redesign why did they? thats a lot of money they throw out just for a hoax that not even 1% of the users had issues with. No it was an issue that they needed to fix for a long time and they addressed it with a better Body and hopefully this Pancake of a Phone will also posses a stronger body.

HA! a move a few screws? Do you think you´re better than the RnD team or something? If that was all it took they would have done that, they would have saved money on it too, but they didnt because OBVIOUSLY it wasn't a good solution.

And No, the S6 did not have similar battery life to other flagships, its once again among the worse on the market.

Why should i complain about the whole industry when we are talking about Iphones ?

True, but if thats all you need there is no point getting a new phone right? especially at that price range :P

When I said better I meant the design, and they made from 7000 cause people went crazy over it without giving it thought. I know ~ 20 people with iPhone 6 and no one has broken camera lens and they had it since lunch so it's not a problem as far as I can see.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

BUT HOW WILL MAH NEW BEATS WORK, YO!?

/endcapscasim

I practice and study Buddhism, admire art, love cats, build computers and enjoy civil debate.

Lighting To 3.5mm jacks to be sold by apple for £20 a pop, have fun :) 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Lighting To 3.5mm jacks to be sold by apple for £20 a pop, have fun :)

You're being a bit too reasonable.  Try £50

You're being a bit too reasonable. Try £50

Let the fun times roll.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

If they actually did this I hope they would include wireless headphones.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Well I don't have an iPhone, but I can't remember the last time I've physically connected my phone to my car to listen to music as opposed to using bluetooth, so I really don't think that would be that big of an issue.

I'm sure splitters or whatnot will be made available for those people that still do physically connect though.

Also, that concept design looks utterly stupid. Someone must not have put much time into making it.

And no doubt said splitter will cost *one billion* dollars.

Xeon E3-1241 @3.9GHz, 1.07V | Asus Z97-E/USB 3.1 | G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 | MSI RX 480 Gaming X 4GB @1350MHz/2150MHz, 1.09V/.975V | Crucial MX100 256GB | WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM | EVGA 750W G2 80+ Gold | CM Hyper 212+ w/ Noctua F12 | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | Windows 10 Retail

watch that render be the real deal. since when hasent a damn render of the phones come to be somewhat the real thing? we saw renders of the 6 and though it wont look like an ipod, but it kinda did. 

Secretly apple just does this to sell super overpriced battery packs because their phone is so thin, scam of the century.

If they do this I will be heavily dissapointed... it may cause me to switch to a different phone when the time comes if they don't put it back. 

I mean I really need my 3.5mm jack. I use it all the time. And I often use it while I'm charging the phone... (i.e. in bed before I go to sleep with headphones on watching a couple youtube videos or something)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

And no doubt said splitter will cost *one billion* dollars.

Doubtful. But if you're the type of person that buys iPhones chances are you don't mind forking out money on an overpriced splitter.

No offense to iPhone people though. The 6S is a fantastic phone which I would've bought over my S6 Edge if it were out when I was making my purchase.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Think of all the potential products Apple can sell now!

1. *Official* Lightening Connector Splitter ($90)
  2. *Official* 3.5 mm jack adaptor ($50)
  3. *Official* Other Dongle of some sort (min $40)

and of course, after buying Beats, apple *Official* Beats by Dre ($400 starting) :D

edit: I guess this joke was already done :/ OH WELLS xD

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Do you remember how many people invested on tape recorders and cartridges

Do you know how many people invested on CDs and DVDs

Similarly many people may have invested on headphones but it shouldn't inhibit the evolution of technology. Lightning port will be the absolute last resort if someone completely refuses wireless headphones.

Some day wired headphones needs to go away and it'll never go away unless a company like apple steps in. Of course its going to create frustrations at the start but 5 years later we will thank apple for making 80% audio industry go wireless. IMO I think its great that they're doing it and makes the future less annyoing

Exactly, just like everybody moved on from wired keyboards and mice to wireless. Ow wait, they didn't.

Oh yay one more set of batteries to have to remember to charge unnecessarily.

This will also curtail their usage in various pro-audio applications. I know lots of people who will play music from their phones or tablets before a gig, or during the dinner or whatever. You're unlikely to convince them go use wireless to wired converters for this task, especially since 2.4 GHz near audio consoles can cause audible interference in some of them.

Exactly, just like everybody moved on from wired keyboards and mice to wireless. Ow wait, they didn't.

Rofl. Also this.

Who did not? The 10% of tech enthusiasts. Half of the member of this forum and 10 others.

That statement just shows how ignorant you are

Do you remember how many people invested on tape recorders and cartridges

Do you know how many people invested on CDs and DVDs

Similarly many people may have invested on headphones but it shouldn't inhibit the evolution of technology. Lightning port will be the absolute last resort if someone completely refuses wireless headphones.

Some day wired headphones needs to go away and it'll never go away unless a company like apple steps in. Of course its going to create frustrations at the start but 5 years later we will thank apple for making 80% audio industry go wireless. IMO I think its great that they're doing it and makes the future less annyoing

Yes, because since a standard has been around a long time it HAS to go away because there's no other way. 

You know what? You're delusional. Do you know why people switched from tapes to CD? Because they are objectively better. From CD to DVD? Again, objectively better. Do you know what isn't as good as analog? Bluetooth. Bluetooth uses more battery, sound quality isn't as good, if EVERYBODY is using Bluetooth there's an inherent interference.. The list goes on. There's a reason people don't buy expensive, bad sounding Bluetooth headphones when they could just spend $50 and get better analog headphones. 

Wireless headphones are objectively worse. They require more power (batteries,) they don't sound as good (wireless does that,) it's harder to set them up (you just plug in headphones.. done.) Just because it's been around for a long time doesn't mean it sucks, which you seem to believe. 

I used to be quite active here.

Who did not? The 10% of tech enthusiasts. Half of the member of this forum and 10 others.

Let me tell you how many people I know that use wireless peripherals: My parents, my friend's parents. That's it. I don't know anybody else, all my gamer friends use wired, all my other random friends (whose flats I've been to) use wired things for their computers, or they use laptops. 

I used to be quite active here.

HA! move a few screws? Do you think you´re better than the RnD team or something? If that was all it took they would have done that, they would have saved money on it too, but they didnt because OBVIOUSLY it wasn't a good solution.

There was a structural weakness near the volume buttons as a screw hole was misplaced. Remember some engineers took made some analysis of it. One you just completely skipped the point I made about the other phones and second you missed the point where I said they used a different alloy which is stronger (and more expensive) than standard aluminium they used in the 6

So you can go on making your own claims now. Almost all flagships under 5.5" has abominable battery life except for a select few and the 6S isnt anywhere near the worst. Could it be better, yes its battery life we're talking about but noooo just close your eyes and spell BS only to realize later that this industry is as good as it's today majoritily because of Apple

Let me tell you how many people I know that use wireless peripherals: My parents, my friend's parents. That's it. I don't know anybody else, all my gamer friends use wired, all my other random friends (whose flats I've been to) use wired things for their computers, or they use laptops. 

Gamer friends? Really is that the best example you got. Don't you guys have any any exposure to outside world. Sadly I dont think there's a graph available on how many people use wireless peripherals when the answer is so damn obviuos

I have only ever seen 4 people use wireless keyboards and usually because they'd use it for a laptop and not a desktop. Wireless mice are indeed more popular (than wireless keyboards), but again, they are usually small and used for laptops cause most laptops have shit trackpads. Now compare this to everybody else I've seen use a wired keyboard, which is mostly everyone PLUS a great deal of offices (and every classroom at college for that matter).

Yes, because since a standard has been around a long time it HAS to go away because there's no other way. 

You know what? You're delusional. Do you know why people switched from tapes to CD? Because they are objectively better. From CD to DVD? Again, objectively better. Do you know what isn't as good as analog? Bluetooth. Bluetooth uses more battery, sound quality isn't as good, if EVERYBODY is using Bluetooth there's an inherent interference.. The list goes on. There's a reason people don't buy expensive, bad sounding Bluetooth headphones when they could just spend $50 and get better analog headphones. 

Wireless headphones are objectively worse. They require more power (batteries,) they don't sound as good (wireless does that,) it's harder to set them up (you just plug in headphones.. done.) Just because it's been around for a long time doesn't mean it sucks, which you seem to believe. 

lol. You live in time where that statement is the complete opposite

Do you know why bluetooth headphones are bad? Because no one's spending enough R&D on it right now. But even that would be an understatement as jaybird X2 are really really good much much better than headphones most people use that come with their phones. Obviously wired internet is the best solution, but now even wireless is very close to attaining 1Gbps speed and this would've never been possible if all devices had an ethernet jack. 

Have you been living under a rock? Bluetooth has gotten exponentially better to a point where battery life hardly makes a difference now

Objectively worse? Nope, most if not all people cant even tell the difference with decent pairs. They can be made efficient, they sound about the same if given enough research, its harder to setup? What are you grandfather to who doesn't know how to turn on some earphones

Never said wired sucks but the fact that it has wires sucks