Netflix is now live in India, Nigeria, Poland, Russia and more!

Netflix is launched in India, in Nigeria, in Poland, in Russia, in Saudi Arabia, in Singapore, in South Korea, in Turkey, in Indonesia, and in 130 new countries.

But not in China yet!

Go to www.netflix.com to see if Netflix is live in your country!

In India, The Plan starts from Basic at Rs. 500 per month (7.48 USD)

LG is going to be a big part of that expansion: it's partnering with Netflix to help the company's expansion efforts into new markets — think Asia, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe — by offering prepaid access to Netflix. It's still unclear exactly how this prepaid initiative will work, but it's easy to imagine a scenario in which people can pay a lump sum for a year of Netflix instead of having monthly charges applied to a credit card. It's a proposition that doesn't make as much sense in Netflix's existing, credit-saturated markets, but it could ease the service's entry into countries where credit cards and monthly subscriptions aren't as prevalent.

Netflix says that its service "won't be available in Crimea, North Korea and Syria due to U.S. government restrictions on American companies." And major series like House of Cards and Orange is The New Black may not be available in markets where Netflix doesn't own the distribution rights. But the company is increasingly moving to own those rights for its original content, with an eye towards maximizing the return it can get on paying to produce new films and series.

Netflix has big plans for original content in 2016. The company says it is going to create "31 new and returning original series, two dozen original feature films and documentaries, a wide range of stand-up comedy specials and 30 original kids series." Onstage at CES, Hastings did note that Netflix would have to navigate the differing cultural standards of its new countries when deciding what programming to release in each one.

In addition to going live in new countries, Netflix added Arabic, Korean, Simplified and Traditional Chinese to the 17 languages it already supports.

Here is the official plan prices that is available in India right now.

94cd35e91d429d5359b638de13cf6f3f.png

Meanwhile Netflix's Stock Price is going insane.

Source: TheVerge.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Yay? Now all they need to do is FIX IT IN ENGLAND!!!!!

AMD FX-8350|8GB DDR3|GTX750TI|2TB HDD|CX-430 PSU|

It seems to be available here too, yay. The standard plan is €9.99.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/14164

Their website disagrees..

As it went live just before 10 mins. They have to update it yet.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I'll talk to my cousins back in Nigeria to find out what the price is. Im not really sure how this feasible though. The speeds required for this are not available to them and they're upper middle class. Its good that this is an option now so my cousin doesn't have to torrent shows everytime he visits here.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

It's available in Morocco HOLY SHEIT LOCAL TV IS DOOMED

Yeah! it's available here in Saudi Arabia, Finally  :D

and i just subscribed for $11.99 a month 

Noiceee, I wish they adjusted prices down slightly for my region, but 10 eur a month isn't that bad.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

now if only content wasn't shit compared to the US catalog

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I can confim Netflix availability in Romania. Plans cost 7.99, 9,99 and 11.99 EUR with the first month FREE.

Currently sharing an account with a friend so it's basically 5 EUR per month for on-demand movies and shows. (sharing the account since we both want HD and we're not going to be watching on two screen at the same time. Plus, it's cheaper)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

American studio being geoblocking ass holes still applies though.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

really? i need that

according to people who subbed, there are shows missing; for example: House of Cards

Now polan can into netflix

Of next step: can into space

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

according to people who subbed, there are shows missing; for example: House of Cards

yea i just subbed now but ill prolly cancel, 10euro for hd is too much for rom..

some movies arent even 720p they are lower than standard definition TV cable, like gravity or star trek into the darkness

too expensive, no subs, missing shows and low quality on shows that should not be sub hd, netflix wont take off here

(Btw, not sure if it's in the tech news or somewhere else, mods please move it if it's not in the right place)

https://media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/netflix-is-now-available-around-the-world

After a surprise announcement from the netflix management team at CES 2016, it has become available world wide(kinda).

EDIT: The announcement was made around 5-6 hours ago, DON'T EXPECT THE BEST QUALITY(Maybe).

Any mention of quality in newly serviced countries?  There is already one report of issues: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/521955-is-this-normal-for-netflix/

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Any mention of quality in newly serviced countries?  There is already one report of issues: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/521955-is-this-normal-for-netflix/

Maybe I didn't mention it, but the announcement was made like 5-6 hours ago. Of course there are gonna be issues at the moment.

Maybe I didn't mention it, but the announcement was made like 5-6 hours ago. Of course there are gonna be issues at the moment.

That's not good... if it makes a bad first impression on a large number of people all a once, (justified or not) that could be hard for them to repair...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.