Razer Blade Stealth (And Razer Core) - Tomorrow's Possible Razer Announcement

nYlR1OL.jpg

i9z2XNp.jpg

• 12.5-inch QuadHD (2,560 x 1,440) resolution touchscreen
  • Chroma-lit keyboard
  • A model with a 4K touchscreen is also available.
  • 0.52-inches thick 
  • 2.75 pounds
  • Two USB 3.0 ports
  • USB-C Thunderbolt 3 port.
  •  
  • Intel Core i7-6500U dual-core processor
  • 8GB of RAM
  • 128GB/256GB (QuadHD display model) 
  • 256GB/512GB (Ultra HD display model)
  • Intel HD Graphics 520.

Razer Core is similar to the Alienware Graphics Amplifier (uses external GPU to enhance gaming experience)

Source: Found on a cached Mashable article.

Project Refresh - [900D x 780 Ti SLI x Watercooled]

Build Log

Well, there goes any potential of the system.

But its a i7. /s

well it is hyperthreaded so its ok.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

But its a i7. /s

well it is hyperthreaded so its ok.

I know they are, but their clockspeeds render them useless in games like Just Cause 3 which scales nicely to slow and lots of cores (FX-8320) and/or fast and less plentiful cores (i5-4460)

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

That Razer Blade Stealth looks nice, but launch price is my concern with the lack of a dGPU.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I know they are, but their clockspeeds render them useless in games like Just Cause 3 which scales nicely to slow and lots of cores (FX-8320) and/or fast and less plentiful cores (i5-4460)

well the point of the stealth seems to be a ultrabook that can use a external GPU. so the CPU is perfect for that. I think anything stronger would defeat the purpose of the product.

well the point of the stealth seems to be a ultrabook that can use a external GPU. so the CPU is perfect for that. I think anything stronger would defeat the purpose of the product.

I can personally confirm that having a cpu in a laptop like the i7 6500U, while running an eGPU, is almost useless. 

My laptop's i7 3517U will turbo to 2.8Ghz across its cores and when having my gtx 970 hooked up to it through a pcie 2.0 x2.1 interface, minimum fps was almost unchanged from the dedicated 8750m inside the laptop itself. Average fps obviously increased massively, but having a lower clocked quad core would have helped more.

MSI's GS30 (also ~$1,000) is the best design so far, although the dock could use an upgrade.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I have a dual core broadwell i7 in my laptop, and if the dual core skylake is anything like it, it will feel absolutely useless.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

That Razer Blade Stealth looks nice, but launch price is my concern with the lack of a dGPU.

$999.

Project Refresh - [900D x 780 Ti SLI x Watercooled]

Build Log

To be competitive with the MacBook Air and the Dell XPS 13, Razer is supposedly pricing it at 999.99 USD.

I can personally confirm that having a cpu in a laptop like the i7 6500U, while running an eGPU, is almost useless. 

My laptop's i7 3517U will turbo to 2.8Ghz across its cores and when having my gtx 970 hooked up to it through a pcie 2.0 x2.1 interface, minimum fps was almost unchanged from the dedicated 8750m inside the laptop itself. Average fps obviously increased massively, but having a lower clocked quad core would have helped more.

MSI's GS30 (also ~$1,000) is the best design so far, although the dock could use an upgrade.

that PCI bottleneck though. dGPU preformance will go down when you are below PCIe 3 x4 (Gen 2 x8). that could be some of the issues.

Thunderbolt 3 is 40 Gb/s which is 5 GB/s which is about PCIe 3 x5 

that PCI bottleneck though. dGPU preformance will go down when you are below PCIe 3 x4 (Gen 2 x8). that could be some of the issues.

Thunderbolt 3 is 40 Gb/s which is 5 GB/s which is about PCIe 3 x5 

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GTX_980_PCI-Express_Scaling/1.html

The pci-e bottleneck is almost non existent... My 2c/4t 2.8Ghz cpu is the real culprit, for the low minimum fps anyways.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Intel Core i7-6500U dual-core processor

wait what?

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

But just cause 3 is NOT optimized. And one game does not make it useless.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Eh.

One, just cause 3 is a bad example, and I don't know what you mean by it scaling nicely on a slow 8 core? It runs like garbage, so it's going to look like that on paper. Games favor fast cores, period.

Other thing is we haven't seen how this performs yet.

Not that I'm buying one of these things. I have no use for them.

I think having a dock like the onenin gs30 makes it more appealing and having a U series cpu ia really bad. Not only it has weaker power but at the same time it has a higher chance of throttling due to the slim design