Mega Man creator launches Kickstarter for Mighty No. 9

iAsuno

http://asia.gamespot.com/pax/mega-man-creator-launches-kickstarter-for-mighty-no-9-6413927/

Classic Japanese side-scrolling action, evolved and transformed by Keiji Inafune, an all-star team of veteran Mega Man devs...and YOU!

a1d0e45fc7a68f4c962f2ebcd7a2210c_large.j

a4d2477d01ae7a44bffec74b42906c0d_large.j

Note: All images on this page are concept art and not actual in-game screens.

Currently reached the 2nd stretch goal. we currently have 2 more levels and mac and linux support. next goal is new game plus and turbo mode.

Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9?ref=live

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Looks very cartoony. But I believe this is more like Megaman rather than the Megaman X series. Looking forward to this, since they didn't really work on Megaman 9 (fan made) and Megaman Online.

I'm still waiting for Battle Network 7 -_-

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Judging by the funds so far for this spiritual Mega Man successor, CrapCom look really stupid right about now.

Cool, I'm loving the weird flux of retro-style games that's been coming out lately. Just, PLEASE, no iced-theme bosses. They're so old at this point lol.

the kickstarter has almost reached the goal. i wonder how far will it go? at this rate they may go past their stretch goal.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

almost reached its goal, dont have the money to support this project :( but very glad its going to reach the goal, cant wait for the finished product

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Awesome. Already at $590,000 out of $900,000 with 30 days to go.

Its at $855,000 already give it a couple of more hours and it will reach its goal.

Awesome looking game, can't wait for the finished product.

Only $10,000 til they hit the fund goal. 

Wonder how far this project's stretchgoals will go.

Well done to everyone involved.

This looks really cool to me. I remember a few years back when they announced Mega Man 9 and I was baffled by it. They literally just made a game straight out of 1988 and sold it as brand new just to make money on the retro phase that people were really into.

This game looks like the right way to do it. It looks like a totally modern game. They are taking the base ideas of what made those old-school games really fun but then attempting to update them for the modern era. The concept art looks absolutely stunning, the way a modern side scrolling game should look, not 8-bit. Hopefully they will be able to innovate on gameplay as well. THIS is a game I will very likely actually buy and play when it comes out.

And they already hit their goal so congrats to Keiji and the rest of the team on that.

Looks awesome!

Defiantly backing this.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

i really want to back this but i don't have money. haha. 

I'm still waiting for Battle Network 7 -_-

Can't imagine how's the story will continue with that ending.

updated the first post. 2nd stretch goal reached.

funds are going up slower but they still have 25 days. really looking forward forward to this game. 

what if they make a crossover with megaman?