can't get 1440p on a hdmi cable

carrmatthew123

so i've got my new samsung s27d850t 1440p pannel which is a 10 bit pannel and i can't get any more than 1080p out of my laptop hdmi port can anyone help me out 

and hdmi is the only port i have

so i've got my new samsung s27d850t 1440p pannel which is a 10 bit pannel and i can't get any more than 1080p out of my laptop hdmi port can anyone help me out 

and hdmi is the only port i have

It would depend on the laptop. While modern laptops can usually output 4k at 30 Hz even with the integrated graphics, older ones are locked at 1080p, like my Dell Vostro 2420.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

I don't have your laptop, but I have run a similar setup in the past. HDMI is a bitch to troubleshoot, all versions look the same. Many laptops (such as mine) are locked at 1080p from the HDMI port. If that's the case, then 1080p the best you can get. 

"We are not defined by the lives we are forced to live, but by the choices we are free to make"