Laptop hdmi to monitor display port trouble.

fluffycat319

So I am trying to connect my laptop to my monitor but my monitor only has a displayport. I have an active hdmi to displayport cable and I got the laptop to recognize it and for about 10 seconds it displayed the laptop desktop. But then it just went black. Now it won't recognize the monitor anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the Forums! Make sure you follow your topics so you get a notification everytime someone replies, makes the helping process faster.

Where is the cable from? Have you tried the cable with a different source?

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

The cable is a vision tek cable and I have tried it with other sources and they don't seem to work either. The cable is brand new so I figured it wouldn't be the problem.

The cable is a vision tek cable and I have tried it with other sources and they don't seem to work either. The cable is brand new so I figured it wouldn't be the problem.

You might have a dead cable, even if it is brand new. It's the display cable that doesnt work right? or is it the adapter?

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

You may want to contact customer support or the store you bought it from, you may have a dead cable.

Alright, thanks for the help, I will try contacting support.