Windows 10 Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media Icon cannot be hidden

djdelarosa25

When I had Windows 7, this little nusiance never showed up. I have no external drives connected whatsover.

post-287910-0-56380100-1451903963.png

Its showing because some of your SATA drives are configured to be hot plugable.

Go into your BIOS/UEFI and disable SATA Hot Plug and it should go away.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

This is my dad's old PC, btw. The mobo is an ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU, which I think doesn't support SATA Hot Plugging.

Every computer i own that is running the latest version has this same issue.

Is it a massive annoyance?

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

I have the same icon in my taskbar, as I use a WD My Book for backups. As far as I know, it cannot be hidden if removable media is connected. 

When I had Windows 7, this little nusiance never showed up. I have no external drives connected whatsover.

The icon should show. The reason is that SATA drive are hot swappable. Meaning they support the ability to be ejected while the system runs. Windows and your SATA controller, doesn't know how you build computer. It doesn't if you got an ejectable drive module system, or screwed inside the case.

The icon should show. The reason is that SATA drive are hot swappable. Meaning they support the ability to be ejected while the system runs. Windows and your SATA controller, doesn't know how you build computer. It doesn't if you got an ejectable drive module system, or screwed inside the case.

Just found out that the motherboard does not support SATA hot-plugging.