Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
Awesome. Hopefully one of you can help me. I have a g15 v1, but its slowly dying on me. So I want a new keyboard. Needs to be Cherry MX browns. Any recommendations?

Also budget is whatever.

I use a Logitech G710+, so far I am enjoying it =]

It was on sale for just 99.99 off newegg but now its back up to 125.00 again.

They are cherry mx browns btw

Been using a Steelseries 7G since friday, and for those of you who do not know, it has Cherry MX Black switches, and loving it so much! However, I want to try Brown switches, with the tactile feel, haven't tried those.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Hey guys, I'm going to buy new key caps for my CM Storm Quickfire Rapid with cherry MX reds (the black edition of the normal QFR) and I was wondering if I could get anyone's opinion on which color I should get. The keyboard has a red base plate and I'm thinking of getting white keycaps that have the letters engraved on it so I can't exactly see the letters clearly. Or should I go with black keycaps with the letters engraved on it ? Let me know what you think! And if I get it I'll post the pictures up to show you all! Mechanical Keyboards FTW!
alright thanks for the reply and reference. Do you think I should get white engraved keys or black engraved keys from WASD for this board?

Proud owner of a Ducky Shine 2, Cherry MX Reds with Blue LED! :D

Corsair K90 is what I'm using... I should've bought a keyboard with blues. :/

I was thinking of changing out the switches, but I can't get the keyboard dissasembled. The aluminum plate seems to be stuck somewhere at the volume control and I don't want to risk breaking that beautiful scroll wheel...

I'm using a K90... I should've bought a keyboard with blue switches though...

I've been thinking about just replacing all the switches with blues, but I can't figure out how to disassemble the K90 without breaking it. The aluminum plate seems to be caught behind something in the neighbourhood of the volume scroll weel. I don't want that butiful aluminum scroll weel to be broken :/

Using a Razer Blackwidow with lovely blues and a green backlight.

I'm using a K90... I should've bought a keyboard with blue switches though... I've been thinking about just replacing all the switches with blues' date=' but I can't figure out how to disassemble the K90 without breaking it. The aluminum plate seems to be caught behind something in the neighbourhood of the volume scroll weel. I don't want that butiful aluminum scroll weel to be broken :/[/quote']

You can't easily replace the switches. To do so you would need to completely resolder your board which isn't really a great idea - it will void your warranty and most likely cause more problems then it ever solves.

I highly recommend the Ducky Shine 2. I am typing on one right now (Blue switches and blue backlight) and the experience is amazing. I don't know why so many people rag on the blues for gaming, I play plenty of games on it and never have any problems. Also have another shine 2 in house, the wife's pink/purple backlit blue switch version.

CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue) w/ blank keycaps

s5OQnl.jpg

Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (Cherry MX Brown)

EAEoUl.jpg

were did you get the blank key caps?

CM Storm Quickfire Rapid with MX blacks, only had it a week but I love it, it's great. I hate having to go back to membranes now. :P

CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue) w/ blank keycaps

s5OQnl.jpg

Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (Cherry MX Brown)

EAEoUl.jpg

wasdkeyboards.com

Got a Quickfire TK at the start of the half term it is my first mechanical keyboard been using it for a week, have now gone back to school and used a membrane keyboard man it was just horrible.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I have an IBM Model M that I'm currently modding.

http://i.imgur.com/qA4rDXv.jpg?1

I would love your thoughts or input. I started to wrap the body in carbon fiber, still a work in progess and learning at the same time. I am also looking at replacing the keycaps with black ones but I want it to look gaming as well so I'm thinking about getting blue "W-A-S-D" keys and possibly every other bunk of "F" keys and arrow to continue the theme of the current white/grey.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I have an IBM Model M that I'm currently modding.

http://i.imgur.com/qA4rDXv.jpg?1

I would love your thoughts or input. I started to wrap the body in carbon fiber, still a work in progess and learning at the same time. I am also looking at replacing the keycaps with black ones but I want it to look gaming as well so I'm thinking about getting blue "W-A-S-D" keys and possibly every other bunk of "F" keys and arrow to continue the theme of the current white/grey.

Nice man looks like a really great mod so far, I really want a Model M but they are so expensive in England...

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Gosh, I didn't know there was a mech KB club here, Just started on this mech KB journey a couple of months back, now proud owner of two Ducky:

Ducky DK9087G2 Pro TKL Cherry Black with white PBT keycaps

20130509_153757_zps2519e5e7.jpg

A Ducky Shine II 78 Version (7 different LED colors, 8 different switch types)

20130416_154050_zpsf801f315.jpg

A Coolermaster Storm Quick Fire TK Cherry Blue

20130507_153256_zps528b1051.jpg

A CoolerMaster Storm Trigger Cherry Red

CMTrigger_zps7d998f05.jpg

Last is an Armaggeddon Black Hornet MKA-3 Cherry Red....ever heard of it? I guess not....

20130413_193141_zps79decaf2.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Gosh, I didn't know there was a mech KB club here, Just started on this mech KB journey a couple of months back, now proud owner of two Ducky:

Ducky DK9087G2 Pro TKL Cherry Black with white PBT keycaps

20130509_153757_zps2519e5e7.jpg

A Ducky Shine II 78 Version (7 different LED colors, 8 different switch types)

20130416_154050_zpsf801f315.jpg

A Coolermaster Storm Quick Fire TK Cherry Blue

20130507_153256_zps528b1051.jpg

A CoolerMaster Storm Trigger Cherry Red

CMTrigger_zps7d998f05.jpg

Last is an Armaggeddon Black Hornet MKA-3 Cherry Red....ever heard of it? I guess not....

20130413_193141_zps79decaf2.jpg

Can I see a Ducky Zero in there :)

PROFILEYEAH

Can I see a Ducky Zero in there :)

I intend to get a sixth, and last mech KB, and it has to be a Filco......waiting to see if there's anything new, if not, prolly get a Majestouch 2. Two Ducky is enough, I'm determined to get a Filco! :wub:

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I intend to get a sixth, and last mech KB, and it has to be a Filco......waiting to see if there's anything new, if not, prolly get a Majestouch 2. Two Ducky is enough, I'm determined to get a Filco! :wub:

Haha Awesome, Filcos are expensive huh!

man that Ducky Shine II 78 Version is BEAST, How do you find the different switches when you use it? Also which switch do you think is your favorite?

PROFILEYEAH