Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Damn, anyone know which website allows you to upload your raw size image and maintaining the size after it is uploaded?

Damn, anyone know which website allows you to upload your raw size image and maintaining the size after it is uploaded?

Photobucket but will downsize to to web friendly unless you have original size checked. The original image only works when imbedding it not linking it though. Truthfully you probably shouldnt embed a full size even jpg mine are 5 to 6mb much less a raw (which isnt web compatible) mine are probably 25mb. Even multiple 5mb pictues on one page is going to slow page load quite a bit. Also you dont really meed them as even the largest web friendly size on photobucket 1024x768 is plenty big for imbedding into something like a forum. If you want the full size ones just for people to dl I would suggest using something like google drive and just linking it as a file.

I currently have 4 mechanical keyboards.

The first one I got was the Blackwidow ultimate from Razer. I didn't like the glossyness of it so I sold it to my cousin and got myself a Quickfire TK with red switches to try them out. Didn't really like them, they made me make more mistakes than other keyboards, I kept it anyway. After that I got a Ducky Shine 2 with blue switches and white backlight. Really liked going back to blues.

A while ago I bought a Model M on ebay. It was 40 bucks and I couldn't resist. Used it for a while and it now sits on my desk for display.

A few days ago I got a Quickfire Rapid with brown switches because I really wanted to try the brown switches. I fell in love with them. It seems to me that I'm typing a lot faster that with any other keyboard.

I prefer full size keyboards so I'm waiting to see if Corsair expands their choices of K70s with brown switches for one with a red backlight.

And that's my keyboard history about 3 years after getting rid of an awful microsoft membrane keyboard.

Recently got a new Ducky 9087 G2 Pro with Cherry MX switches. On top of that I got side-printed ABS keycaps to go along with it, and I just love my new keyboard.

WHERE DID YOU GET SIDE PRINTED CAPS FROM? I'VE BEEN WANTING THESE FOREVER!

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Well, not quite a mechanical keyboard, but got some related accessories :D. Phone pic cause I left my camera at my office...

Excuse me for the dusty keycap. It's usually in place on my Ducky keychain and it's attached to my phone so it's constantly taken in and out of my pocket :P

TFMJzWP.jpg

~100 Super fat silica o-rings and white switch covers... Prepping for a future custom kb. ;)

The Super fat o-rings pretty much bottom out at the very beginning of the "click" on MX Blues. I have it installed on my keychain cause I had extras after installing the rest on my MX Black YOTS. Blacks now have a unique feel and I'm not floating on the switches anymore. It has probably half a millimeter after the actuation point. Quite an interesting feel for those that find blacks too stiff and result in sore fingers after long typing periods. I personally didn't mind the stiffness of blacks as it was quite an interesting experience floating on the actuation point. But now with the o-rings installed, the travel distance is probably only 2.5mm-3mm before bottoming out. :P

How fat is the o-ring you ask?

This fat: (potato pic)

4WXF6aZ.jpg

WHERE DID YOU GET SIDE PRINTED CAPS FROM? I'VE BEEN WANTING THESE FOREVER!

I got them in Taiwan. I physically went to Ducky headquarters and asked if they had this, and they said yes :D

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I got them in Taiwan. I physically went to Ducky headquarters and asked if they had this, and they said yes :D

God dammit D: I'm stuck here in England :(

God dammit D: I'm stuck here in England :(

Aww man :( Do they have PBT side-print keycaps though? I know they are more well-known than ABS ones. I was lucky that I got a set with navy blue Ducky logo. Apparently the color of the Ducky logo key comes randomly? I just think this navy blue looks really nice on my keyboard.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Aww man :( Do they have PBT side-print keycaps though? I know they are more well-known than ABS ones. I was lucky that I got a set with navy blue Ducky logo. Apparently the color of the Ducky logo key comes randomly? I just think this navy blue looks really nice on my keyboard.

I don't care what they're made of as long as they're black and side printed. I haven't been able to find then anywhere D:

I don't care what they're made of as long as they're black and side printed. I haven't been able to find then anywhere D:

Aww man :( Would you be willing to go with international online orders for that??

Aww man :( Would you be willing to go with international online orders for that??

pppprrrrobably. Depends how horrible the shipping ends up costing.

pppprrrrobably. Depends how horrible the shipping ends up costing.

Do you use US layout or UK? I found this but I don't know if they do international shipping.

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=246

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 (Cherry MX Blue for those who don't know the board)

CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 w/2X NF-A14 FLX MoBo: Asus M5A99FX Pro Rev 2.0 Memory: 8GB G.Skill Sniper@1720 GPU: Sapphire Dual-X HD7970@1100/1500 Storage: Samsung 840 120GB(OS), Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 64MB PSU: Sparkle 850W Gold Case: Corsair C70 Military green w/ Solid window Keyboard: Ducky Shines 3 (MX Blues), Razer BlackWidow 2013 Ultimate Mouse: Corsair M90,M65 w/ Vengeance MM600

US layout, so I went and found the other. Thank you :D Have a virtual cookie.

Where did you find it in the end? :o

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 (Cherry MX Blue for those who don't know the board)

How do you like your keyboard so far?

How do you like your keyboard so far?

I like it a lot. i wasn't looking to pay and arm and a leg for a key board and this one was on sail.  I love the individually backlit keys(green). I am personally a fan of the "clicky" sounding MX Blues. I takes a little time getting used to the font they use for the keys.

CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 w/2X NF-A14 FLX MoBo: Asus M5A99FX Pro Rev 2.0 Memory: 8GB G.Skill Sniper@1720 GPU: Sapphire Dual-X HD7970@1100/1500 Storage: Samsung 840 120GB(OS), Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 64MB PSU: Sparkle 850W Gold Case: Corsair C70 Military green w/ Solid window Keyboard: Ducky Shines 3 (MX Blues), Razer BlackWidow 2013 Ultimate Mouse: Corsair M90,M65 w/ Vengeance MM600

Same website

Same website

Post pics when you get them! :D

Here is a link to my easy cheap mod on a G2 Pro with Dye-Sub keys.  I'll post a link to the site where I explain everything so I don't have to here. http://www.overclock.net/t/1431044/the-ducky-club/220#post_21028438

post-17816-0-48524100-1382381398_thumb.j

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

Here is a link to my easy cheap mod on a G2 Pro with Dye-Sub keys.  I'll post a link to the site where I explain everything so I don't have to here. http://www.overclock.net/t/1431044/the-ducky-club/220#post_21028438

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.rnTo7Z&id=27544684728

that will be a great addition for your YOTS

I saw one sell it on GH

It's in the manual it came with ;)

Fn+Esc = reset color

Fn+Alt+Num_1-9 = save current color to memory

Left Win Key + Right Win Key (hold both for 3 sec) = reset to factory defaults

Thanks man... Lost the manual...

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.rnTo7Z&id=27544684728

that will be a great addition for your YOTS

I saw one sell it on GH

Those look sweet.  Would explain the rainbow colored YOTS I saw pics of.  Here I was thinking it was done with changing out the LEDs themselves!

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps