Semi truck gaming PC.

BobbyG2

Sounds like something pimp my ride would do. We heard you liked gaming so we hooked you up with a PC...

IN THE TRUCK

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

• 11 months later...

I want to see pic's of the finished build in the truck. I will be building mine in a week or so. I will be useing the Cooler Master 130 case. 

• 3 weeks later...

So far not a lot of issues with the system. I removed the mattress in the top bunk and have the PC strapped up there. 

The only two issues I've had,  are that two of the side panels I've had to remove because the vibrations stripped the thumb screws, and I've just received a new motherboard as the vibrations broke the traces on the seconds PCIE slot, so I've been running on just one graphics card the past couple months. I ordered an ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 1 motherboard, which has reinforced pcie slots as well as a backplate, hopefully keeping that issue from coming up again. 

Surprisingly, my AiO hasn't had any issues, I figured if anything would go that would be the first. 

I would recommend you make sure to get a UPS and make sure your power inverter is Pure Sine NOT Modified Sine.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

On 1/3/2016 at 10:53 PM, TheRandomness said:

My only critique with this is you could've spent less on the motherboard xD

tfw I have the Maximus VIII Formula lol

Yours faithfully

10 hours ago, BobbyG2 said:

So far not a lot of issues with the system. I removed the mattress in the top bunk and have the PC strapped up there. 

The only two issues I've had,  are that two of the side panels I've had to remove because the vibrations stripped the thumb screws, and I've just received a new motherboard as the vibrations broke the traces on the seconds PCIE slot, so I've been running on just one graphics card the past couple months. I ordered an ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 1 motherboard, which has reinforced pcie slots as well as a backplate, hopefully keeping that issue from coming up again. 

Surprisingly, my AiO hasn't had any issues, I figured if anything would go that would be the first. 

I would recommend you make sure to get a UPS and make sure your power inverter is Pure Sine NOT Modified Sine.

I'm surprised the AIO didn't go too, what with being in a truck on the road, and AIO's being somewhat not happy with moving and vibration. It's sad that PCIe broke though, but idk, maybe try water cooling them to keep the weight down although a water block is probably as heavy. Some older and reference cards, as well as the server cards I use, have three screw threads in the back, used to attach a bracket for use in servers, maybe anchor it with a bracket or plate to prevent vibration if the cooler has that.

Yours faithfully