gtx 670 Fans Spinning at max but no post

SquareCarousel

Hi,

My friend recently bought a Gigabyte gtx 670. The first time he used it in his system it booted fine, and he installed the drivers. But after the restart required to finish installing them the fans spun up to maximum and there was no post.

It has done the same thing, spinning the fans to maximum and not posting since then. He has booted using the onboard graphics, restored his system to before the drivers were installed, used different power supplies, used different output cables, and today we tried the card in my system and the same thing happened (although we both have Gigabyte mobos).

His specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz

Gigabyte 965GM-DS2

6GB DDR2 667Mhz

Enermax Platinum 550w

Window 7

Do any of you have any ideas?

EDIT: We've booted using a different boot HDD and it has worked fine?

fuse blew and probably a mosfet

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

yea... I think something is dead.... Probably gpu died.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

On the mobo or in the gpu?

gpu

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

gpu

We just tried with a different HDD and it booted fine? The fans spun normally and everything.

We just tried with a different HDD and it booted fine? The fans spun normally and everything.

Wait what..