Windows 10 64bit

press win + x

computer management

device manager

network adapters

right click on it

uninstall

run windows update

OK, so I just built a PC a few days ago and I don't have an Ethernet port near the computer so I got a WiFi card from Gigabyte (gc-wb867d-i). It is a PCIE card and I had issues with it from the get go. At first it wouldn't find any WiFi, so i asked around online and someone told me I installed the wrong driver. So I downloaded the driver they told me to download. So now I can see the WiFi but it won't let me connect to it. I tried looking up online how to properly install this thing but no one has a guide and all I see is that, "It works so great," comments. Any help would be much appreciated.

yes

what OS?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Windows 10 64bit

press win + x

computer management

device manager

network adapters

right click on it

uninstall

run windows update

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

press win + x

computer management

device manager

network adapters

right click on it

uninstall

run windows update

Ok. Running and restarting now. Will windows install a driver for it? Or will I have to install the driver again once it is done?

Ok. Running and restarting now. Will windows install a driver for it? Or will I have to install the driver again once it is done?

windows will install a driver

(should)

(should)

OK, it is done with the updates. I went back to device manager and it installed a driver but now I cant see any WiFi networks. The wireless card, if this is help full at all, is the Intel® Dual Band Wireless -AC 7260. When I click on it to get some info about it, its says under device status "This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful.

I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly into the computer, but now I just noticed something after these updates. Before the updates there was a greed LED saying that the WiFi should be good to go. But now there is no light.

OK, it is done with the updates. I went back to device manager and it installed a driver but now I cant see any WiFi networks. The wireless card, if this is help full at all, is the Intel® Dual Band Wireless -AC 7260. When I click on it to get some info about it, its says under device status "This device cannot start. (Code 10) {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful.

I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly into the computer, but now I just noticed something after these updates. Before the updates there was a greed LED saying that the WiFi should be good to go. But now there is no light.

Well damn...

try this

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75440/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-7260

The driver or the software applications?

driver

driver

All these I think are just for the Bluetooth if I am reading correctly and I noticed you typed in Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 when my thing is Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. Does that matter?

All these I think are just for the Bluetooth if I am reading correctly and I noticed you typed in Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 when my thing is Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. Does that matter?

I guess it could

I guess it could

Yeah, that didn't do anything. All it did was remove the other driver and I don't even see this new driver

Just restarted computer and the green LED is back and I can see the networks but I still can't connect to them. Is there anything else I should do. Contact Intel or Gigabyte? Send the thing back?

I guess it could

Never mind I feel like a complete idiot. The problem was... I was typing my old WiFi password in. hahaha. Not really funny tho since this took me hours to realize.

Never mind I feel like a complete idiot. The problem was... I was typing my old WiFi password in. hahaha. Not really funny tho since this took me hours to realize.

I... I cant even.

• 2 years later...

There are probably rules here about bumping old threads, but this is one of the top results when searching "Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I wifi not working" so to help anyone who experiences this issue now, I'm posting how I fixed mine.

Window's troubleshooting gave me an option somewhere along the way to "reset network configuration" which fixed everything right after a restart. Updating Windows (since I now had internet) after that gave me the same issue. But then running through the troubleshoot for that gave me the "drivers still need to be updated" thing and then it fixed everything again.

• 1 year later...
On 1/3/2016 at 8:41 PM, thekeemo said:

(should)

How can windows install the driver if you don't have internet??

I'm currently stuck in limbo with this thing, I can't get any drivers at all for anything.