fans and radiator placement planning

gtx1080ti
so i planned on building a rig with 5820k and 980ti, and plan on getting an AIO cooler for it, but need help on placing the rad

there are 2 ways i can think of, anyone have suggestion which is better

yL9DORQ.png

solution 1 - placing the 120 radiator at B as exhaust, with A as pure exhaust, and C+D as intake

or

solution 2- placing the 120 radiator at C as intake, with D as pure intake, with A+B as exhaust

obviously my case cannot fit in 240 AIO at the back, and if i fit 240 AIO as intake, im afraid not enough cold air intake and the 980ti will get too hot when overclocking it

any idea solution 1 or 2 is better, or are there any other plannings than this 2

also i've read that the cooler master jetflo 120 has quite a good CFM at the same time static pressure, but i dont see much people using it, compared to noctua or corsair, anyone know why ?

planned on buying jetflo 120 as case fans since it has got double the CFM and much higher pressure compared to the fans that come with the case

I have my Corsair H105 (with Corsair SP Fans) as front intake with the top closed off and 140mm exhaust at the back and my GTX980 & i7 keep decent temperatures.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

-SNIP-

Welcome to the Forms!

Having a 240mm rad say for the CPU is a good option since it can provide a significantly better cooling over a 120mm. Having it in the front will warm the air in the inside of the case a bit but with the 120mm for the GPU either in the top or rear will still provide ample cooling potential. 

I have my Corsair H105 (with Corsair SP Fans) as front intake with the top closed off and 140mm exhaust at the back and my GTX980 & i7 keep decent temperatures.

can i have an idea on what is your ambient temp and the cpu gpu load temp ?

i live in a country where my ambient temp is around 31~33 celcius, my current aircooled 970 and 4690k goes above 70 celcius during stress test 

Welcome to the Forms!

Having a 240mm rad say for the CPU is a good option since it can provide a significantly better cooling over a 120mm. Having it in the front will warm the air in the inside of the case a bit but with the 120mm for the GPU either in the top or rear will still provide ample cooling potential. 

in this case, the radiator fan is better to be high static pressure or high airflow ? is the jetflo 120 a good fan since it has got a decent pressure against the radiator and high CFM as intake. it's also cheaper than noctua but not sure about the quality tho

i live in a country where my ambient temp is around 31~33 celcius, my current aircooled 970 and 4690k goes above 70 celcius during stress test 

in this case, the radiator fan is better to be high static pressure or high airflow ? is the jetflo 120 a good fan since it has got a decent pressure against the radiator and high CFM as intake. it's also cheaper than noctua but not sure about the quality tho

High static pressure is desired for radiators and heatsinks to push or force the air through the fin array, the jetflow is not bad since it has a fairly high static pressure and would be good for rads.

Ambient Temperature: 25C (appx)

Relative Humidity: 80%+ (Tropical, Coastal)

CPU Overclock: 4.9Ghz, i7-4790k

GPU Overclock: +200Mhz Mem & Core, GTX 980 (Reference)

Idle Temps:

CPU: 36C

GPU: 34C

Load Temps:

CPU: 45C (appx)

GPU: 55C (appx)

(After 2hr GTA V Session at Very High Graphic Settings)

In my Fractal Design Define S. 1x 140 Exhaust, 1x 140 Intake, 1x 120 Bottom Intake, 2x Push/Pull 120 Front Radiator.

High static pressure is desired for radiators and heatsinks to push or force the air through the fin array, the jetflow is not bad since it has a fairly high static pressure and would be good for rads.

Ambient Temperature: 25C (appx)

Relative Humidity: 80%+ (Tropical, Coastal)

CPU Overclock: 4.9Ghz, i7-4790k

GPU Overclock: +200Mhz Mem & Core, GTX 980 (Reference)

Idle Temps:

CPU: 36C

GPU: 34C

Load Temps:

CPU: 45C (appx)

GPU: 55C (appx)

(After 2hr GTA V Session at Very High Graphic Settings)

In my Fractal Design Define S. 1x 140 Exhaust, 1x 140 Intake, 1x 120 Bottom Intake, 2x Push/Pull 120 Front Radiator.

thanks guys, guess i'll go with  a front 240 radiator and get a powerful exhaust fans

thanks guys, guess i'll go with  a front 240 radiator and get a powerful exhaust fans

Here is my Setup schematic. Blue arrows represent flow of air.

J1WchvL.png

Here is my Setup schematic. Blue arrows represent flow of air.

'pict'

hmmph. i got the s340 razer edition case, which only can support a 120mm rear fan, and only a maximum 2 fans at the front, guess i'll get the NF-a14 as top exhaust fan to better exhaust the hot air in the case