Peripherals Keep Turning Off at Random Times

byalexandr

So for the past few weeks my peripherals (mouse and keyboard) or any other USB device, just straight up shut off and disconnect. Like they all cut power, and then reconnect after a second or so. It did it a couple times and I thought it was no big deal, but now it's starting to do it while I'm playing games and it's pissing me off.

Anyone had anything similar and know how to fix it? Thanks.

They turn off, it makes the USB disconnect sound, and then they turn back on like nothing happened.

Sounds like a power surge, what mobo do you have? and what USB devices do you have? how many devices have their own seperate power supply?

I have an AsRock B85M-ITX, right now it's sitting on the mobo box so maybe that could be the cause? And the keyboard is a Ducky Shine 3 TKL plugged into USB 3.0 (since it sometimes boots up without powering the keyboard, but plugging into USB 3.0 solved it, guess it draws a bit of power) and the mouse is a Logitech G300s.

Try what is suggested in that link, if that still doesn't work try using just the USB 2.0 ports.

Well the only thing using USB 3.0 is the keyboard since it apparently needs a bit more amperage. Everything else is using USB 2.0, and I've already disabled the sleep function or whatever it is, hopefully it works.