gigabyte g1 gaming windforce gtx 980 coil whine!

kxrider85

I just installed my new gtx 980 (upgraded from a 760) and the first thing I notice when I run a game is an unbearable coil whine that I NEVER experienced with my old gtx 760. It performs fine though and has the latest drivers. It is also significantly quieter when I turn v-sync on, but still rather annoying as the new loudest component of my pc. Does everyone else have this issue? Has anyone fixed it, or should I just try to swap it out for another...?

I'd suggest trying to get it swapped for another.

My 970 G1 Gaming (970 was plagued with coil whine the worst) has very little coil whine, whereas others with the same card have terrible coil whine, it's just kinda luck.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I just installed my new gtx 980 (upgraded from a 760) and the first thing I notice when I run a game is an unbearable coil whine that I NEVER experienced with my old gtx 760. It performs fine though and has the latest drivers. It is also significantly quieter when I turn v-sync on, but still rather annoying as the new loudest component of my pc. Does everyone else have this issue? Has anyone fixed it, or should I just try to swap it out for another...?

my g1 gaming has coil whine to same card and i upgraded from a 760 to

GTX 970 G1 Gaming. I can't use it for F@H its coil whine is that bad.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

is it in the case and the case is closed up?

Yes.

Does anyone have suggestions for gtx 980 video card brands that do not have as bad of coil whine, or should just trying another gigiabyte windforce card work?

Yes.

Does anyone have suggestions for gtx 980 video card brands that do not have as bad of coil whine, or should just trying another gigiabyte windforce card work?

try another gigabyte one, if you can get that one replaced at no costs, otherwise evga/msi/zotac are pretty good

The site has changed....