Is it safe to transport my computer weekly with an h80i installed?

Hi guys, so, I travel between my moms house and my dad's house weekly by car, and I was wondering if it is still safe to transport my computer if I install an h80i on it, as I received one for christmas, or will the coolant possibly spill?

Hi guys, so, I travel between my moms house and my dad's house weekly by car, and I was wondering if it is still safe to transport my computer if I install an h80i on it, as I received one for christmas, or will the coolant possibly spill?

No, the coolant will not spill. Unless the hose gets cut inside the case during transportation which I have no idea how that would happen O.o

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

It should be fine, its a closed loop cooler, so nothing should spill.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Surely if the cooler survived transport from the factory to your house, it will survive transport between houses.

Same as the other guy said, if the H80i survived being shipped from China (I assume that's where it's made) and all the way to under your Christmas tree, it can probably manage that too. When you've got it fitted there shouldn't be any reason why it shouldn't be able to survive... unless you load your case with razor blades, then maybe not.

If anything, it would be better to have a closed loop cpu cooler than having a large heatsink when transporting the PC.

Take it from a guy who had a large noctua cooler on the cpu, you break a little bit internally when the car hits a bump and you visibly see the heatsink shaking.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

handle it carefully, so you make sure you don't strip the mounting holes on the rad. It shouldn't spill at all.

Also, be very careful with the GPU! If it's one of those gigantic coolers it may lead to sag, or even damage the PCIe slot.

If you are mindful of the system, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Thanks so much guys, I'll be installing the cooler tonight, no more jet plane noise :)

Surely if the cooler survived transport from the factory to your house, it will survive transport between houses.

You mean, the cooler in the cardboard packaging that minimised the risk of getting caught at all, compared to the cooler that is now in a case full of considerably sharp metal objects that could knick the pipe and split it?

Saying that, the tubes on coolers are fairly thick nowadays.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

You mean, the cooler in the cardboard packaging that minimised the risk of getting caught at all, compared to the cooler that is now in a case full of considerably sharp metal objects that could knick the pipe and split it?

Saying that, the tubes on coolers are fairly thick nowadays.

There are more components to damage the cooler, but only the pipes can move round in the PC, so there is a smaller chance of the joints leaking. I'm just making guesses.

yes it is safe you could throw the damn thing and it would be fine.

If you want to be extra careful, you could always fill the empty space in the case with bubble wrap or soemthing similar, as long as it's soft/doesn't put stress on the components, but still sturdy enough to stop other things from moving too much in the case it should be fine... depeends on how much trouble you want to go through each week really.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini