How many of you...

betam4x

...are waiting on that next die shrink?

Last build (built in 2011):

Core i7 2600k @ 4 GHz

16 GB RAM

r9 290 (recently upgraded from a Radeon 6970)

500 GB SSD (840 evo, upgraded a couple years ago from an ancient Corsair Force GT 240 gb SSD)

8 TB of WD Black HDs

Got the R9 290 for $249 new from Amazon...only upgraded because Ark ran like crap and $249 for the R9 290 (which holds it's own to much newer GPUs IMHO...can play pretty much every game on ultra settings @ 1080p.  No complaints).  Holding out to see what AMD is going to do with it's CPU die shrink.  Even if they turn out to suck, GPUs from both camps are ALSO shrinking this year.  Definitely looking to do a new build.

I am kinda looking Forward to PASCAL at the same time I don't expect Major Speed bossts anyway :D

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I'm already running an i5-4690k, I don't expect to be upgrading my CPU in the near future (2~ years), unless there's a significant rise in the number of applications (that I use) that benefit from having more than 4 cores. 

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

Like many of us, we're waiting for Pascal. We don't know when it will be released could be next month, could be 6 months.

Although, I don't think it will give performance boosts that everyone is hoping for. People seem to hear 10x faster and immediately expect it to be 10x the performance of Maxwell.

But that's just compute performance and not actual numbers real world numbers.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Like many of us, we're waiting for Pascal. We don't know when it will be released could be next month, could be 6 months.

Although, I don't think it will give performance boosts that everyone is hoping for. People seem to hear 10x faster and immediately expect it to be 10x the performance of Maxwell.

But that's just compute performance and not actual numbers real world numbers.

10x compute performance increase over maxwell isn't that much of a difference, considering maxwell is lacking in computing power, but as you said, we'll see

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I'm waiting for big game developers to make proper ports and use all cores on PC like they already do on consoles.

Cuz its super obvious they got paid off by Intel.

And to stop with the Gameworks bullshit as well.

New architecture means nothing if companies only want to stall significant performance progress to milk us dry.

As a programmer, I'll tell you that multithreading across 8 cores (and keeping them balanced) is hard.  Especially when your user base uses anyhwhere from 2-8 cores these days.  That being said.  I'm not partial to any vendor, but Gameworks actually does make me actively avoid Nvidia.  The last Nvidia cart I bought was the 750 ti...first gen maxwell and that was for an HTPC.  If they'd stop pulling dirty moves in the market, they'd get more of my dollars.  When you have 2 vendors that performance wise are within 10% of each other and 1 is being a dick and the other is being awesome...well I'm going to go with the vendor being awesome.

Consoles are fixed targets.  One game deploys to millions of units.  On PC, most units are quad core or less.  There are very few true quad core units (AMD FX isn't really quad core since it only has 4 FPU units.)

Edit:  There are basically NO 8 core CPUs on the desktop.  You quite simply CAN'T count AMD FX CPUs as octa core, even if your love your CPU.  It's not since it's handicapped via the lack of dedicated FPU per core.

2600K Masterrace :D *Highfives*

I won't be upgrading mine for at least two years. When I do, it'll be replaced but used for another machine. I'll never willfully throw my machine away.

I'm waiting for pacscal , greenland or volta.

I plan on waiting for 10nm or skylake e , but i might get zen or broadwell e .

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Can I have ur old Radeon 6970? :)

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

I'm good for now.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I am waiting for the new GPU's from AMD and Nvidia

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.