So i accidentally broke my cpu...

Hmm ok, just seems "fixable" to some extent  :wacko:

See the post I just made, but the extent to which this is "fixable" is fairly slim unless the OP is extremely lucky.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

See the post I just made, but the extent to which this is "fixable" is fairly slim unless the OP is extremely lucky.

Yea, I had to do a similar repair to a Core 2 Duo at work a few weeks back, idk how different the trace layout is (more complex) on the 1155 CPUs but I assume similar, also better pictures would help a lot of the OP could post some with better lighting and closer shots. 

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Yea, I had to do a similar repair to a Core 2 Duo at work a few weeks back, idk how different the trace layout is (more complex) on the 1155 CPUs but I assume similar, also better pictures would help a lot of the OP could post some with better lighting and closer shots.

Well, you have 380 extra lands for one thing :)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Without that pin, the motherboard cannot tell the CPU its base clock. Unless you can restore that land, the CPU is dead.

From what I can see on the picture, the PCB was chipped in such a way that it left 2 pin contacts with missing areas, so shouldn't it be okay to try some thin conductive material to remake the pin contacts?

EDIT: I literally repeated what you said almost word for word in the second part of the paragraph but don't disregard the first part, I mean, if that were true and it was only the land damaged then @op just needs a steady hand, no?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

From what I can see on the picture, the PCB was chipped in such a way that it left 2 pin contacts with missing areas, so shouldn't it be okay to try some thin conductive material to remake the pin contacts?

EDIT: I literally repeated what you said almost word for word in the second part of the paragraph but don't disregard the first part, I mean, if that were true and it was only the land damaged then @op just needs a steady hand, no?

Yes, if the only thing that is broken is those two lands, then a steady hand and a fragment of gold leaf would be all the OP needed (possibly some conductive material to stick the gold leaf to the broken land).

However, if any part of the PCB circuits is damaged (and given the chunk of substrate that is missed this is quite likely), then the repair job becomes a lot more impossible :(

Yes, if the only thing that is broken is those two lands, then a steady hand and a fragment of gold leaf would be all the OP needed (possibly some conductive material to stick the gold leaf to the broken land).However, if any part of the PCB circuits is damaged (and given the chunk of substrate that is missed this is quite likely), then the repair job becomes a lot more impossible :(

Anything's achievable! You just need to be an optimist... And you also need the right skills and tools :D

Well, with the way they've wired the PCB pin contacts it would make sense that the entire underside of the pin contact is in contact with the PCB circuits themselves, no? PCB designers wouldn't be so stupid as to have only a tiny section of the PCB circuit touching the contact, riiiight? c:

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Update : with the hekp of my father, we resoldered the broken contacts. The cpu works, but dual channel is not working.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Screw trying to repair it. Chances are you'll break it more. Try reorganising various parts first such that that pin isn't needed. Try single channel RAM, GPU in a different PCIe slot. That kind of thing.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I have for the life of me never broken a single CPU, and i mean i have thrown a Core 2 Duo before and it survived... so....

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Update : with the hekp of my father, we resoldered the broken contacts. The cpu works, but dual channel is not working.

nice. So what slots 'work'?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Wow good job, high five from me to you and your dad.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

nice. So what slots 'work'?

only both slots the farthest away from the socket.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Screw trying to repair it. Chances are you'll break it more. Try reorganising various parts first such that that pin isn't needed. Try single channel RAM, GPU in a different PCIe slot. That kind of thing.

it works now

RIP

its fixed

I kinda expected it to be fixed. Now if only you can fix dual channel.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

I kinda expected it to be fixed. Now if only you can fix dual channel.

i don't think its going to happen.

Too bad , i'll just have to upgrade one of these days....