Increasing(overclocking) stock screen refresh rate on AMD Graphics

Levent

THIS WON'T WORK WITH HDMI - HDMI TO DVI - HDMI TO VGA CONNECTIONS

i found these while i was searching they work i tested on 13.2 beta 5 although they get glitchy once you are near your monitors highest value (mine can do 68hz at 1080p-Using 7850 with Single Link DVI(Acer S211HQL))

First you are going to need few tools download em from here
-)Unzip the files and run atikmdag-patcher.exe this executable will patch dvi limitations (160mhz limit) so you can overclock it - Restart once you patched
2-)Run CRU.exe
3-)http://i.imgur.com/9osxhrO.jpg
4-) http://i.imgur.com/r1ZHpOs.jpg
5-) http://i.imgur.com/kyUuXWg.jpg
6-) reboot your system to restart drivers
7-) increase your refresh rate with catalyst or advanced screen properties

Edited by Levent

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I'm using an HDMI to DVI cable (monitor is DVI), will i run into any issues?

EDIT: Just tried to run the patcher and my PC would blue screen on starup. Safe mode got me in and luckily the patcher has a built in backup that i could revert to.

Well. Good thing I made a restore point before I did this.

I either did it wrong or it doesn't work.

i managed to make it work here the is screenshot http://i.imgur.com/RFg3ymh.jpg

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

also here Torchlight2 with Vsync enabled it caps at 65 fps when refresh rate is set to 65 http://i.imgur.com/s4Y9gp1.jpg

• 2 months later...

I am using a 46" SamsungLCD TV that can handle 240 hrz. The most I can get with gaming or anything with my pc hooked up to it is 60 hrz. Does that me I can only get max 60 fps? If so, then should I be using that program to take advantage of my tv.

Didn't work for me. After first restart, CCC only recognised one of my displays. Also, it only displayed the options for hydravision.

@deevogold, i bet you're using hdmi, if so try to use DVI or displayport, hdmi has a 60 hz cap

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Yeah it is through HDMI. Would it be better to use a DVI connection instead of HDMI? Would I lose out graphically by using HDMI or would it basically look the same?

yup it will look same but you wont get audio through DVI 

also updated the thread

Edited by Levent

Do you still get screen tearing through DVI?

Do you still get screen tearing through DVI?

nop it works perfect at 65hz and starts to tear up at 66 and wont work at 67 (this used to work) and there is no way for me to use it at 1080p 68hz

• 5 months later...

Thank you, I was looking for an nvidia one but after a short google search I found it, I had problems getting over 65Hz with a dual-link DVI now I can set 75Hz.

Even in the nvidia control panel, Icouldn't go over 65Hz before.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

• 1 year later...

didn't work for me, might be because I have a 2nd monitor running off HDMI?

AMD FX-8320 | Hyper 212 Evo | Gigabyte 970A-D3P | EVGA SSC 970 | Corsair 200R | Ducky 9087 Shine 2

umm guys ive been doing this for years... all u need is CRU. the patch tools were for a while back and dont work afaik on win 8.1.

I have two screens, one running at 1080 @ 70 Hz over DVI and the other running at 768p @ 80 Hz.

Displayport monitors are much better to use for this however, if you do have one. Dual-link DVI also helps (which I do not have) due to extra bandwidth.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1